Patch 19.5 Experience...I was excited!

But, not anymore. :-(

TrendyEnt

Just some feedback for you guys to take note on.

Been playing the update since it released on PC today (about 4 hours of ACTUAL gameplay, while being in game for 7-ish hours.

Pro's:

Shard drops from specific chaos levels. - You guys delivered this one well!

Hero UI - makes finding heros a LOT easier!

Shard finding in the inventory - I now know what I have too many of! Thanks!

Other things that I did not pay attention to.

Con's:

Can't get 4+ consecutive wins - Even though I won 3 private maps in a row, I could not get my 4th map even started due to the black forever loading screen that happened during my transition from my 3rd map to my 4th map. After waiting 10 minutes (I went online to check out the updated wiki page shard list while waiting).

Can't get 4+ consecutive wins Part 2 - After going back to main menu and running some public maps, We won 2 maps in a row...only to be kicked back to thown due to I don't know what.

Can't get 4+ consecutive wins part 3 - Tried some more public matches. I join with 1 or 2 other ppl in map already. No one wanted to build ch3, so, I build. We end up losing cuz I forgot to factor in the insane multiplayer scaling that you guys NEVER fixed! You said you fixed it 2 patches ago, but whatever you did, it did not work. Plain and simple. Please fix this in your next patch!

Can't get 4+ consecutive  wins part 4 - Another game breaking bug: I join a public map where 1 other person is there building. We press G and nothing happens. Both of us have the green check mark near our hero face/HP, but the fight does not start! This has already been reported on the DD2 bug report page.

Lag - LO...S ! OF! I.... Either you guys or Playverse need to update/upgrade your servers. Maybe both if you? My guess is a whole Schleswig of ppl came to test out this new update and overran the servers. Thus should not be an issue at all! Thankfully I am good enough that I did not lose, but it was close. On the dead road wave 5 lag made me fall in pits 4-6 times. Enough times where 2 of my blockades in the same lane were destroyed by Special enemy warboar and special enemy Skeleton. By some miracle, I provoked the war boar just as I resurrected before he made the final blow to my crystal! Then finished him off and finished off the Skeleton. Admittedly, I need to work on my wall placement on that map. Still won, but it was close due to major lag!

What happened to my Skyguards? They seem to either be shooting slower or are doing less Dmg...or both. They use to handle Ch3 fliers without my help. Now I need to help them?! Something is wrong here....

I still don't know whether the continue/return to tavern thing works like you guys say it is supposed to now. Why? Cuz those who don't click "continue" will press Tab or Tilda and type "Disconnect." That or they press "Esc" and select "Leave session." Of course, this is more of a player issue rather than something Trendy did wrong. Just saying that I don't know whether that continue/tavern option works.

*edit*

Shards taken away? I was still trying to obtain some of the ones that are now deleted. Others that are now deleted I managed to obtain. Still, [[4370,users]] [[48971,users]], what is the reason for this? Why not just use the passives that never made it into Chaos as shards? No need to take away shards just to bring them back later....

Anyway, I am very frustrated with the state of the game today. Hopefully you can fix the lag and fix the  "g not working" bug and the eternal black screen bug within the next 2 minutes...... :-p ok...by next patch anyway. Maybe even a hot fix later this week?

Thanks for reading! Anyone else have these experiences today? What do you enjoy from today's patch?

The SGT are slower which is probably why they lost DPS. The range is also all messed up on SGT

@nomad19 quote:

The SGT are slower which is probably why they lost DPS. The range is also all messed up on SGT

So, it's not just me. Good to know. Not sure if it's a bug or intended based off the changes with dspeed... *sigh*

@SpiderDanX quote:

@nomad19 quote:

So, it's not just me. Good to know. Not sure if it's a bug or intended based off the changes with dspeed... *sigh*

Speed change is intended; they went through and set every tower (at least, every one I checked) to 4,000 speed scalar baseline. 

The range issue though....

@lordrahl quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

@nomad19 quote:

Speed change is intended; they went through and set every tower (at least, every one I checked) to 4,000 speed scalar baseline. 

Thanks for checking. Guess I'll go back to PDT as my AA. 10 less DU anyway.

It is not only that but they also increased the level from enemys chaos 2+ so all flyers have also more hp

wich makes it harder to deal with them, now chaos 3 flyers have more hp than previus chaos 4 flyers if that huge buff was intended i dont know but the dps buff from "better" attackdamagescaling from SGT seams not at all to compensate that ( it more feels they got less atk atm my SGt has 64k and if i am not wrong i was at 74k befor update, pure damage not dps)

Also keep in mind ascension speed points. If you're speced into it in ascension, you most likely just took a small hit. 20 points in speed results in 5% DPS increase for all DPS towers now (unless you of course hit a speed cap). It use to do around double that for flamethrowers and SGTs I do believe (positive on flames, just not SGTs).

Combined with attacking slower too, I don't think they counter adjusted their DP scalings right. But Trendy always fails to properly balance compound factors...

Curious note... Any ones assassins seem to be almost rubber banding? They follow me like they're latched on to me now... even when they're not. Which combined with the ninja damage buff (cause trendy doesn't know how to increase HP... they only know how to increase monster level and SAY they increased HP) its making them really annoying now that I can't kite them and don't care to use 100k+ HP characters... (I shouldn't HAVE to...)

SGT got a DPS increase. The problem you have is that the enemies were made stronger.

A max C3 Medallion with Crit & Speed would get you 26,372 DPS (without shards)

Now it gets you 39,440 DPS (without shards)

That's almost a 50% increase in DPS.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@nomad19 quote:

SGT lost about 10% dmg from the patch and lost about 50% range xD

SGT gained about 50% damage from the patch.

To be fair... CRIT skyguards gained DPS. Cause it had mediocre crit scaling before, and crit got a massive overbuff across the board. If you're using DP/DH you really did loose about 10% DPS, because its speed scaling got hit mildly, which results in a fairly decent hit when you factor in that most monsters got around 50% HP buff.

Not that ANY of this matters though... ya know... since pretty much all skyguards do 0 DPS right now with them not attacking and all lol.

Skyguards got a paper DPS increase, but their performance is more ***ty. Either they dont fire, shoot slower than intended, have a range issue or their line of sight algorithms are whacked.

Increasing enemy level by 300 in C5 isnt helping either.

Idk my skyguard inspect dps was 700k before and after 19.5 with the same medallion and maybe slightly higher ascension.

Now it keeps taking dmg from air and leaks stuff even when i move it to spots where it has perfect LOS.

So now PDT or split vipers are my AA. ^_^ cheaper anyways.

my skyguards show the same DPS when i inspect them, but they definitely do not perform the same anymore.