So now SGT range is broken/bugged...

So SGT is now completely screwed. They do actually test updates before they put them out right??? The range shown vs the range they actually attack is not even close(3750 attack range but it seems like the range at which they actually attack flyers is about 1500), that combined with DPS/ATK speed drop that mine got they are pretty craptastic now.  

i have c4 equip (without range sphere but gambit) and i need 3 sgts per lane on c1 solo, so maybe they should nerv sgts damage and speed further on so i need 5 per lane

My SGT only lost about 10-20k dps, but I'm not even using Defense Rate.
Medallion: DP/DH/DS
Shards: Destruction + Deadly Strikes
I think about 25-30 points in gambit.
Still looking for a good Mythical+ relic for it. :(

But it's working fine for me in C5. 

I don't know if the range it attacks at is messed up or not since I don't really pay attention to them after I place them, so I can't confirm that. Damage-wise, however, I think they're still ok.

Haven't watched mine closely cause I've been focused on testing other things, but I'll watch em in a bit to check.

Edit: tested it, and they definitely do not utilize their full range.  I've seen flyers get almost on top of them before attacking

it's true the range on aa's seem to be bugged i place mine same location every time before update they hit from range location now its more like almost melee range to me its very bugged out

@calmchaos quote:

I don't know if the range it attacks at is messed up or not since I don't really pay attention to them after I place them, so I can't confirm that. Damage-wise, however, I think they're still ok.

My SGT lost about 60k DPS. I also don't run def rate on it, I also don't have range shard for it, pure gambit. Watch your SGT when flyers are coming out, it doesn't attack them when they enter the range indicator of the SGT. But maybe it's a range gambit issue and you don't have the problem since you have range shard. 

@nomad19 quote:

@calmchaos quote:

My SGT lost about 60k DPS. I also don't run def rate on it, I also don't have range shard for it, pure gambit. Watch your SGT when flyers are coming out, it doesn't attack them when they enter the range indicator of the SGT. But maybe it's a range gambit issue and you don't have the problem since you have range shard. 

I'm using both gambit and shard and it's still waiting til they're very close to attack

Noticed the same thing with my SGT's. Max gambit and very similar damage to pre-patch but now having issues with flyers. The range seems to be off. :/

@nomad19 quote:
@calmchaos quote:

Hm. Now that I think about it, I did have a really weird close call with my Skyguard in C4 Crumbling Bulwark. I was watching the middle lane, and when I turned around there was a flier right next to my Skyguard which was on the left edge from the middle core.

I still don't know how to explain that since mine are 100% capable of taking out C5 fliers. Them not firing until further into their range could explain it since the flier may have closed the gap faster than usual due to not being slowed while it was way out there.

I'll definitely pay more attention in future maps.

How did they not see this issue before they released the patch. Who is testing these things..  I mean it took me the first round of a map to notice the range of the SGT is bugged all to hell. 

my SGT have no rangeshard only +500 gambit but my towers have there intended range the only thing i noticed is that they now need complkete sight of enemys if u even plkace them behind a wall that is only half of there hight they will not fire until enemys come realy close but i had absolutly no problems as long as they had nothing between them and flyers

So after some further testing. Range does seem to be correct BUT the problem is the towers must have a direct line of site to attack now. So PDT's have more range and out damage SGT, so I guess in some situations pdt's will be better AA than SGT.

Its definitely Broken, farming c5 sewers my old SGT placement doesnt work anymore and, I Cant kill kobold flyers before they destry defenses.  It seems They can only attack at melee range and ground level only so it does seem like a vision thing. 

@WarSlammer quote:

-snip-

@nomad19 quote:

-snip-

Yeah... I'm not having any luck with the line of sight mess. My sewers placements have complete line of sight, they still don't attack right, and pretty much never at full range. Then on the C5 ruins map, near the top crystal, I set my SGT on top of the wall, so there is absolutely nothing but open air between it and the flyers. Still don't behave right.

I've even stood RIGHT next to one on ground level with an assassin on me... Doesn't behave right. They will shoot... sometimes... But just random shots here and there (even with the assassin not moving). Any other ideas? Cause that doesn't seem to be 100% the issue for me.

something strange is going on with range, I have 50/50 gambit and range shard. Seems like the actual range is far less then the display range when holding down shift.

Yep, full gambit + range shard = mellee range apparently. Maybe all the range effects are negatively affecting it. 

@Zimmermann quote:

something strange is going on with range, I have 50/50 gambit and range shard. Seems like the actual range is far less then the display range when holding down shift.

yeah immagine that with a horde of flyers why i am having to babysit AIR now when i need to babysit walls. luckly atm only female orcs get through. I still think frost tower needs to target them.