Sign in to follow this  
rock4lifedude3

DPS Dummy Problem

This clearly shouldn't be a problem in Nightmare difficulty, but in pre-nightmare difficulty, my barbarian can actually deal about 3.08 billion damage during the 4 second period. I noticed any time you get past the max positive integer (2.1 billion) it will begin subtracting the DPS from the counter. For instance, when I deal 3.08 billion damage to the dummy, the DPS should be ~770 million. In reality, the DPS reads ~271.24 million. I'm not sure if this is the proper forum category to post this, but if not, please move it! :)

I feel as if this problem has been brought to light before, but in the case it isn't, I just want to be sure it's recognized (and hopefully fixed, if possible?)

I am not really sure what the problem here is?  When you reach that point in pre-nightmare, Overkill would say you are overkill.  That is far more than enough for anything a barbarian can do pre-nightmare.  If you are just testing numbers for the sake of creating data of some kind, try to take off gear and smack the dummy, and then factor in scaling aspects after you have valid numbers.  I also believe nightmare damage scales constantly regardless of stats vs pre-nightmare.  I don't remember the ratio, but I want to say nightmare cuts dps by 50% even.  So you could just find the exact ratio and use that if you want pre-nightmare data.  

I guess I just fail to see why this would need to be looked at more than some of the other bugs or issues.  That is just my opinion, though.

I've noticed the DPS being a bit weird too, but you can definitely reach higher DPS numbers:

83489783CE76C09F79F0E2A42A18AC9CF6F11E11

33.1395 B / 4 is 8.2849 B, but it says 8.0349 B.  Not sure why.  Normally the lower number is exactly 1/4 of the higher number, but when you do large amounts of damage it can be a bit off.

[[165325,users]] NM cuts damage to 15.5% (not counting PvP).