Scared about the next patch

Trendy threw the word "balance" around a lot on the dev stream today. Be afraid.

Trendy is really awful at balancing things. Whenever they try to balance stuff they always do an extremely heavy handed unwarranted overreaction for something that only needed a little bit of tweaking, and ignore things that need a lot of changes.

It's possible after this patch the PDT is the worst tower in the game, Blaze Balloon gets a subtle nerf even though it already sucks, and Harpy's Perch could end up doing triple the DPS of any other defense in the game.

Wait, who am I kidding with that last one? Harpy's Perch has been garbage since day 1, has never received any attention, and will probably never be usable.

You can probably kiss your DPS Abyss Lord goodbye. Yes, it is a little OP right now. The right click spam does too much damage and Overwhelm is too good on the left click. Either Abyss Lord will squeak by without getting caught by Trendy and it will still be OP, or Trendy will punish the Abyss Lord for being too good and instead of fixing it, they will overreact yet again and make him terrible. It's hard to tell. The one thing that's a virtual guarantee is that it won't be balanced.

I fear my for my Abyss lord alright. No more base mana regen like the orginal 4 is supposed to get.

"6 mana regen per second" from storm helmet passive is apparently a lot when your character is based around spamming abilities. And most of them costing a lot 60-100 mana each.

As for tower balance, I would like to see "aura" based tower get a generic distance between each placed defense. Rather than have it based on the current size of the "aura".

A player with a lot of gems to spend will have a advantage here since he/she can respec range gambit every single game if he/she wants. We can get around this by creating new characters I guess, but it is in fact an advantage gained from spending gems, which are by default infinite given enough cash spent.

I can see this being a thing given if we ever get actual challenging content. Group of 4 rotating these respecs etc.

Give all "aura type" towers a set range where they cannot be placed, do not scale it with increased range.

MaTHS:

4 players "share costs"

8 maps:

Player 1: 200 def        50 gems

Player 2: 200 def        50 gems

Player 3: 200 def        50 gems

Player 4: 200 def        50 gems

Reward per 8 maps: 200 def.

So that leaves 50 gems per player, "buying" advantage with real money. Placing auras closer together is undeniably an advantage. Since you can close down your kill zone and deal more damage where it is needed. I agree this might be a strawman argument, but it is non the less an advantage over players using auras normally. By no means do  I mean this is required, but it is an advantage that shouldn't be present. 

Propsed fix? : Make aura type towers have a default range where they can be placed without being based on the current ranged of the aura. 

Sounds to me like things will get much easier. Buying shards is almost as bad as the spin for max ipwer wheel.

If i had to start over i would just buy a rate shard and a range shard and go to town. Especially with range gambits fixed the game should be a cake walk.

@Pegazul quote:

Sounds to me like things will get much easier. Buying shards is almost as bad as the spin for max ipwer wheel.

If i had to start over i would just buy a rate shard and a range shard and go to town. Especially with range gambits fixed the game should be a cake walk.

Well you are buying packs, not specific shards. And not the highest tier ones. 

But yea, seems to be blurring those lines drawn a long time ago monk_small.png

@PandynatorDD quote:

Automeow already crossed that line. At least shards can still be acquired by endgame chests & defender medals. Premium pets can only be acquired by Gems.

They are pricey... so it wont be terrible as it was with the wheel....

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Pegazul quote:

Well you are buying packs, not specific shards. And not the highest tier ones. 

you guys should play with Flame Auras. I am eagerly awaiting the patch, they cant get any worse :DDDDD

I am so bummed out about the map pool though :'(

I called it. I told you they were going to overreact. And they did not disappoint.

Defense Crit Damage was useless before. Instead of balancing they overreacted and made it too strong.

So now Defense Crit Damage scales 500% of Defense Power. With just the base crit chance of 10% and ascension for an additional 20%, you can reach 30% crit chance.

500% * .3 = 150%. Defense Crit Damage provides 50% more DPS than Defense Power, even WITHOUT using Defense Critical Chance Shard. That shard is actually kind of pointless now. Why would anyone waste a shard slot for only +3% crit chance?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

I called it. I told you they were going to overreact. And they did not disappoint.

Defense Crit Damage was useless before. Instead of balancing they overreacted and made it too strong.

So now Defense Crit Damage scales 500% of Defense Power. With just the base crit chance of 10% and ascension for an additional 20%, you can reach 30% crit chance.

500% * .3 = 150%. Defense Crit Damage provides 50% more DPS than Defense Power, even WITHOUT using Defense Critical Chance Shard. That shard is actually kind of pointless now. Why would anyone waste a shard slot for only +3% crit chance?

This.

Getting some crazy dps on my ramsters with a crit/speed medallion with power transfer, def crit damage, and def rate.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898490207

@lordrahl quote:

This.

Getting some crazy dps on my ramsters with a crit/speed medallion with power transfer, def crit damage, and def rate.

Well, DCD is better than DP, however, if you're going to use a Relic without DH, and Power Transfer, and Defense Crit Damage shard, then the Medallion with DCD & DS is actually a little better than the Mark with DP & DS.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@lordrahl quote:

This.

Well, DCD is better than DP, however, if you're going to use a Relic without DH, and Power Transfer, and Defense Crit Damage shard, then the Medallion with DCD & DS is actually a little better than the Mark with DP & DS.

Obviously.  I would if I had one.

Earthshatter with the same setup:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898527621

@lordrahl quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@lordrahl quote:

This.

Obviously.  I would if I had one.

Uhh... you just said you are using one...

I said the medallion is better than the mark as long as you don't care about Defense Health and you have the shard slots available for both Defense Critical Damage & Power Transfer. That is what you said your setup is.