Sign in to follow this  
Lyndis

How was my Public C5 Tonight

Hello everyone

Since player name are not allowed in forum, i will replace them by a unique "nick"

So here we go how was my last 10 c5 public :

map 1:

Player A  c3

map 2:

Player B campaign

Player C c3

Player D NM4

Player E c3

Player F c3

Player G c4 maxed gear (we kept this one)

map3

Player H c3 maxed

Player I c4 not maxed

Player J nm4

Player K c2

Player L low c4

map 4:

Player M nm 4 (they protect each other to avoid to be kick so we skip)

Player N c2

map 5:

Player N c2

map 6:

Player N c2

map 7:

Player N c2

map 8:

Player N c2

map 9:

Player O c4 maxed gear (we kept him)

map 10

Player C c3

Player P c3

Player J nm4

map 11

Player Q c1

As you can see so far, there is a lot of people coming c5 most of them was proudly say i'm here to get better gear

Some other was asking me to build for them to carry

Few were nice and left by themselves after i asked

And some Keep trying to come over and over in C5 even you tell them they don't have to be there hoping to get better loot

Maybe it's time to change something ?

More than anything what's needed is clear information that they gain very little from leeching high chaos tiers.

new system is worse then the old system, at least in the old system they had to farm up high ipwr to get into a high end game.

maybe they could introduce a system where, to entire a new Chaos level you need to have completed all maps on the previous chaos level. Now this would not fix the issue entirely, but it would at least remove most of the Campaign, C1,2,3 and NM4 geared players from C5 queues.

It is time to change something yes. I think with a little bit of tweaking, the new system will be fantastic.

I like the new loot system a lot - no more skipping to god gear in one day. But how it works needs to be explained in game, including telling them what quality of gear will be dropping for the selected map. If it is capped for that difficulty, tell them they can play a higher difficulty to get better gear.

If they aren't capped in a difficulty level (or at least close to capped), don't let them start the next one. If they are grouped up with someone and get into a tier higher than they belong, warn them that they will be getting lower tier gear and normally couldn't join a game like this.

And let us see the hidden item power (or whatever Trendy wants to call it), and use it to restrict public games. It is a much better indication of how good someone's gear is now with shards.

@Lyndis quote:

map 4:

Player N c2

map 5:

Player N c2

map 6:

Player N c2

map 7:

Player N c2

map 8:

Player N c2

I hate this situation lol.

this is nothing new its been going on for a really long time, and alot have been okay with it, now the problem is that leaches can actually make it imposible to complete maps if your not in really good gear already. There is no system in place to prevent them from joining at all, there is no way you can stop a pair of low lvl players from being in a match cos they cant be kicked if they dont vote. This was also a problem before the patch but not as bad as it is now since we could set a iPwr minimum to join our games, sadly that is now gone so its free for all again. I play alot of public matches in c1-c4 common for them all is that you see players that isent in the correct chaos lvl for the gear they got, you can try to tell them but most often they dont care or dont understand what you try to explain them.

I have the exact same problem

@alex the penguin quote:

[...] I play alot of public matches in c1-c4 common for them all is that you see players that isent in the correct chaos lvl for the gear they got, you can try to tell them but most often they dont care or dont understand what you try to explain them.

@Lyndis quote:

@alex the penguin quote:

[...] I play alot of public matches in c1-c4 common for them all is that you see players that isent in the correct chaos lvl for the gear they got, you can try to tell them but most often they dont care or dont understand what you try to explain them.

Unfortunately conversations normally go like the following when trying to explain something someone doesnt want to hear:

Limit map joining by average armour rating.

Ascension can be gained just be doing C1 over and over, so this won't gain you the correct armour rating.

If you gate your C5 map by AR 2400, then you should get the properly geared players?

@Zimmermann quote:

@Lyndis quote:

@alex the penguin quote:

Unfortunately conversations normally go like the following when trying to explain something someone doesnt want to hear:

well actually its more like this when i try to tell some1 that they are in the wrong tier

@Fozzie quote:

Limit map joining by average armour rating.

Ascension can be gained just be doing C1 over and over, so this won't gain you the correct armour rating.

If you gate your C5 map by AR 2400, then you should get the properly geared players?

Well i did see some C1 gear at ascension 200+

Since they don't try to understand the new gear system they will be there forever but yeah ascension level won't stop them to come in c5

Why can´t people just make private games? When everyone can join a C5 game what do you expect will happen? I myself don´t mind the occasional oddball dropping in to my games, because I already know, there are no restrictions on who can join. If people want to build with C5 geared people only, I suggest to make a private game or chat someone up in town, and party up.

@MaJean quote:

Why can´t people just make private games? When everyone can join a C5 game what do you expect will happen? I myself don´t mind the occasional oddball dropping in to my games, because I already know, there are no restrictions on who can join. If people want to build with C5 geared people only, I suggest to make a private game or chat someone up in town, and party up.

WHy ?

Cuz i want to help c4 maxed gear to reach out c5

More c5 good player we are, more funny it has to be =)

But i don't want to have 1687464 lost players or leecher to find one good c4 to help so far :'(

@Lyndis quote:

@MaJean quote:

WHy ?

Cuz i want to help c4 maxed gear to reach out c5

More c5 good player we are, more funny it has to be =)

But i don't want to have 1687464 lost players or leecher to find one good c4 to help so far :'(

Again just holler in town about you wanting to help ppl - plenty of people would gladly take you up on that. That way you can see who´s joining the game beforehand and problem solved.

i wish they would just do a gate/test/rankup system with taxi options for group members only as i suggested here. it would solve most problems and do the update name justice, since you would actually have to complete a trial to "rank up" to higher chaos tiers.

another important point is that the current information about drops/rewards is not given to newer players. most do not know how to progress in terms of gear and drops. this should be made clear or at least a pop up message when joining chaos/practice mode is needed.

I think you guys are getting desperate, because you are suggesting something pretty tedious as solution to the problem. I think the solution is pretty obvious:

1. Bring back the LFG system (not that it's really gone, it's just not used any more)
  2. Give leader Tools to the party leader (including non-democratic kick)
  3. Turn the hidden ipower level back to visible (it's still there, just hidden) and make it useable as entry/join criteria as before. The removal of visible ipower has broken the Public play system.

The hardest challenge for me right now is the beat a c4 or c5 pub (I'm not uber geared, just like c5 blues). I've noticed that c4 4 man pub is more difficult than c5 solo. I try to explain to people that they won't get gear upgrades but they don't understand. Trying to explain in game via text is difficult, and most of the people playing do not read the forums. I don't blame people for trying to leach, the game is currently pretty tough on new players. Most of them do not understand the upgrade system (I don't know why since it is so clearly explained when you join the game).