Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ask the Devs Thread for Devstream 72: March 31st, 3PM EDT

- are there plans to better introduce/explain newer players to the progression mechanic currently in the game? (how to gear up get better gear, get into higher tiers,etc.) how would this look like? if no, why not?

- do we get some sort of gating to make public matches not such a pain? if yes how would that system look like? if no why not?

- are there plans to give heros without double jump mechanic this mechanic too? for example glide for abyss lord or short dash for squire?

- are there plans to adjust/change respec costs? (since currently deleting and releveling a hero is the better option then respec the ascension points for medals)

- in terms of shards and inventory space. do we get a sorting/searching system to have better overview for these?

- before the update people would collect gear filling their inventory and taking up the bag space. with hitting max chaos level they will do the same, but with shards taking up bag space too, inventory management got way harder and space more valuable. are there plans on adressing this issue?

@MamaTata quote:

No... they answer all questions. Especially such important ones like that one goblin.png

Btw.... one more time you write His name with small letter you will never ever get any good shard in this game. You'll be cursed forever!

@kingoftime2013 quote:

@MamaTata quote:

Was Jesus a virgin when he died? I suppose so but not sure. Clear that one for me santa.png

I think they only want questions related to dd2 so they probably wont answer that 

I have another question for them tho. 

Do you think virgin jesus would like to come back to life to play dd2?

and if not, is that because he wasnt virgin and there is no virgin jesus or because dd2 is not fun to him?

and how could you make the game fun for anyone including jesus if thats the case?

oh sorry, Im too lazy to type properly

- Are you going to modify roller to let them kill themselves if they are bugged in the spawn like other monsters ?

- Is the onslaugh be back ? If yes, is it going to be worth compare to trials ? 

PS : I love the trials update that give more difficulties to the game.

To level up a 20 rank shard with gold currently requires doing 30 or so maps. Are there any plans to either lower the cost of upgrading or increase the amount of gold we get?

I miss the big boss battles from dd1 like the demon you had to zap with the 4 lightning nodes and the dragon in the final stage where you had to run around and launch the catapults. I loved the incursion in dd2 with the fire demon you have to hit with the catapult and then burn down while harmed.

Are there plans to add more of these types of encounters in the foreseeable future (next month or two)?

I'm sure these can't be easy to make but they really add some flavor to the game. 

Any upcoming plans for new DLC? I am still hoping for a Terraria costume set, and of course more bag/char slots.

If the DLC include some previously available items that you own, is there any chance to allow either gifting the duplicate or trading in for a lesser gem cost item? I hate buying them when I already have some items, and most of the sets I already have some items now.

Will there be any changes to loot drops? Or at least buffs to marks and orbs?

I find it very frustrating as it is right now. Maybe I have bad luck but idk. I still struggle with c5 but it's really hard to upgrade gear when in 5 runs you only get 1 blue 15 up medallion.

Orbs and marks are pretty much useless, armor and weapons seem to drop all the time but the most important stuff, totems and medals, seem to be way to rare. And if I get one it's blue or only has 15ups.

I feel like I have to struggle with my 50% chaos win rate until better totems/relics drop and after 2-3 runs with no noticable upgrades I am demotivated and quit for the day. This was my playing experience for the last week. I feel like 90% of drops are useless.

The problem probably is that to many loot nerfing factors hit at once:

- Since you can place shards having mythicals and legendaries became more important because of shard slots (having 1 more shard slot = having an additional optimal passive) --> Blues are weak

- 15 and 30 upgrades are almost always useless, making 50% of the potential upgrades weak

- Addition of marks and orbs as 2 new potential drop types, which are way to weak (useless)

- IPWR of drops is restricted to your current gear

- Drastic reduction of overall item drops

All of that combined and all at once had a to large effect. Buffs to marks/orbs and/or mythicals+legendaries always having 30+ upgrades would already help a lot.

CAN WE GET MORE THAN 10 INVENTORY BAGS!?

There are so many shards to collect, they fill half the bags I have....and I have all 10 bags! There are many shards I still don't have yet as well.

I need some bags for other things lol. Also, I use 4 bags when I go on farming runs to auto collect stuff from maps 

Is there some sort of "invisible ceiling" with the current gear gating system? It seems if you wear completely maxed (C5 60 Upgrades) Weapon, Armor, and Relics legendary drops seem to disappear. I know my experience is just a small sample of total matches completed. However, I went a 54 hour stretch over 3 days grinding Chaos 5 Trials and only had 2 legendary items drop over the entire period. I reduced my gear down to the 30 and 45 upgrade variety and instantly started seeing legendary drops again.

Was this just the worst stretch of RNG in recorded history, or is there some sort of gear ceiling in game?

I'm at Ascension level 203 and have been farming Chaos 1 90% of the time and still haven't seen a Vampiric shard. It's even more elusive than deadly strikes. It's not fun anymore trying to get it. It's a boring chore. You need to do something about the drop rates of these "lost shards". 

What are the odds of you guys adding in small cosmetic things to spend lesser amounts of gems on (e.g. color swaps for mana and etheria crystals and such or small tavern decorations) and is there any sort of target window for when you'll be adding such "fleshing out" things to the game and not just going full steam on the core gameplay and backend stuff?

when will you balance rewards for incursions ? on ps4 dont know bout pc but on ps4 incursions arent wurth the effort drops xp and gold just fail to satisfy at best

i get more gold and exp at act1 normal  and better drops at hard campaign act VI  im sure its not intended to be this way so when do you patch incursions ?

What are your plans for explaining how loot works to new players in the game?

Unless you frequent the forum or Reddit, it's many times more difficult to figure out how the loot system actually works.

When will you fix the stats

wrong stats of others towers are shown (i mean come on that bug excist since the closed alpha)
different stats deping if you look in the inventory or inspect
range gambit (ramster, Ballista too i think)

Are you planing to buff some things and if so what ? (example Explosive traps)

Do you have plans to add other Acsensions ?
Range for boost aura
World tree range
Trigger range for traps

Will it change how shards drop (C1 Shards only droping only C1 shards) ? If so when can we expect it ? Next week next big update ?

Do you have plans to drop specific Shards in specific maps ?

Do you have plans to move shards in a seperate bag (invetory system) if not why ?

Are there any plans on changing DU (tower cost, max DU per map)

Will there be ever a userbased DU limit in the puplic Tavern

What are the plans for Onslaught and Incursion ?

When will we be able to rebind more keys (sell all, interact i quite liked how it was)

Do you have plans for renaming heros ?

When will we be able to see what boss spawns on what lane without problems ( overlapping UI)

When will the Diable Already-Viewed Skippable Cutscenes actually work for all of them ? (Campgain Forest Crossroads)

Do you have plans to puff Pets ?

Some of the ranged Gambits aren't working correctly, is this going to be fixed?

On the PS4 The camera controls aren't complete..  No camera rotation (Camera gets locked)while putting a tower down, and the field of View (FOV) is too close behind the player, you miss a lot of information surrounding you. Can you add a slider to adjust view a bit further back up to a limit? I am sure it can be implemented with motion controls or touchscreen gestures if you are out of key binds for the ps4.

Also Doing ability skills all turn off the trigger buttons so a lot of the times the auto attack gets disabled for a few seconds.. can this be fixed or Improved to at least not disable the trigger buttons from working when doing skills? Example, doing Abyss Lord's knight skill disabled my button for auto attack to regen mana. I usually would have to spam click it multiple times to get it working again.. sometimes in the middle of a pack, i'll be running around doing the auto attacking animation but nothing is happening after doing an ability skill. Its really annoying. 

Any chance we can get a tower that only costs 10 DU so we can use up that last little bit?

I am sure you can get suggestions on a couple that are only worth about that now anyways :)

Could we have some way to uprage our range even more? like some kind of asc were we can invest points to get 5 range on every tower? It could be fun and only op in the late game when it already doesn't matter because with those points you could have a lot of defense power and insta kill mobs