Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ask the Devs Thread for Devstream 72: March 31st, 3PM EDT

I figure there wI'll be a lot of shard questions, so Ill stick one in there. 

Is there going to be a way to consolidate shards and organize them in our bags? ( stackable, sortable) this type of thing.

How close are we to getting a way to tell if an item is an upgrade without dumping coins or gold into it. I know you said you were working on it, just looking for an update.

Lastly, when will we be able to use the gunwitch as a main dps and not have to worry about missing drops? (marks, medallions and totems)

If i come up with more before the stream ill stick them in here )

When will Chaos Tier 1-5 Terraria Weapons be available. I have a lot of souls and would like to buy a C5 Terraria Weapon.

Will low level shards be stopped from dropping in high level chests. I don't mind Tier x and Tier x-1, but seriously NO to low level shards in a C5 chest. Seriously NO!!!

Will you start fixing real bugs at last? Or just the positive ones or the ones noone cares about?

(I am no programmer, but I don't think it'd take several months to fix some stat typo with range gambits)

@Murdash quote:

Will you start fixing real bugs at last? Or just the positive ones or the ones noone cares about?

Wow, they asked for a few questions not a cry baby response. Let me help you out a little. 

What bugs are you guys working on getting rid of asap and which are going to wait a while. 

There ya go little guy something like that...

Is there a specific reason the stats on gear are visually rounded, but the exact value is used behind the scenes? Or is it just a side-effect of infinite progression?

Are there any plans to add "+", "-", "Confirm", and "Cancel" buttons to Ascension instead of the current method where we click a perk and it instantly applies the point? Maybe just a right-click to take points out, so we'd only need "Confirm" and "Cancel"?

Will Range ever affect trap trigger radii, even if it has to be at say a 1:20 ratio or something?

Is Elandrian enjoying his nerf hammer?

Some questions for the stream:

1. Is there some way for you to implement the trials without the aggravating need to re-roll the maps to get the one you want?
  2. I miss the LFG system - can you bring it back?
  3. There is a need for party leader tools. I know you are thinking about it, but when will we get it? Public play right now is in a pretty bad place (no ipower restrictions possible, very tedious and unpractical kick mechanic etc).
Thank you so much :)

With maps as they are atm will there ever be a reason t play practice maps are they always gonna be there to troll us? Can you also please fix the tooltip when viewing other players towers pretty please.

C5 might be a little to hard for players in c4 gear but it's way to easy for players in c5 gear. People outscale "endgame" pretty fast (at least in singleplayer, multiplayer c5 seems "fine" for a group of ppl with c5 gear).

I think the last available difficulty should only grant a minor ipwr improvement but more gold/medals/loot than the previous ones. This would allow the "endgame" to stay difficult for a lot longer instead of becoming easy after overcoming a "wall" (-> the step from c4 to c5 gear).

Your thoughts on the matter?

On another note: Is the bad ramster range scaling intended? It's the worst by far. If it's intended: What is your reasoning for putting the worst scaling on that specific tower? If not: When can we expect a change?

Questions for the stream:

1. Are there any plans to prompt you when attempting to sell gear with shard/shards inside, or when selling such a piece the shard is automatically unequipped?

2. With the way ascension is currently implemented, do you foresee any problems regarding scaling looking toward future chaos tiers?

Overall, loving the update, keep up the great work!

Has anyone on the team expressed interest in bringing back the old Dungeon Defenders Challenges from the original. Incursions were nice as the closest thing resembling them, but is there any plan to add new maps / changes to current maps to more reflect challenges?

Boss Rush / Monsterfest's /  Assault / Oger Crush / Raining Goblins ect..

pst... Can you please bring them back? skeleton.png

----

Any plan to introduce newer pets to the lineup? Different / unique skill packs?

What plans do you have for making unwanted shards more useful and certain specific shards easier to acquire?

Are you going to revise the base ranges of defenses now that range can't appear as a stat on relics?

After the feedback about map rotation, will you rotate the pool on every chaos tier and how often?

Will practice mode rewards be adjusted to make it not completely useless?

• When can we expect a milestone update similar to what iamisom posted before?
  • Any plans to allow us to increase the range of Boost Aura as Ascension Ability?  **Boosted Grasp to slow enemies but drop rate of range share is 1 in (some astronomically high number).** 
  • Are we going to see less Siege Rollers and instead multiple other bosses in the same round at the same time?
  • Example ( Malthius, Griblok, Ogre all in the same round at the same time)  **Experienced this for the first time today and it was awesome because it keeps you moving with no walls built.

Will you say what part, if any, ascension level plays in the odds of a shard dropping? I'm just wondering because a shard like Deadly Strikes is sooooo rare that the lowest Ascension level I've read of someone getting it is 70. Also on that note, are shards like this intentionally made more rare than other shards in the same pool? If so, are you guys happy with the average drop chance for this shard?

Honestly, it seems the grind to get "the" shards is set at an extreme level...one that far surpasses fun and lands soundly in "chore" territory.

@jbaisden quote:

Will you say what part, if any, ascension level plays in the odds of a shard dropping? I'm just wondering because a shard like Deadly Strikes is sooooo rare that the lowest Ascension level I've read of someone getting it is 70. Also on that note, are shards like this intentionally made more rare than other shards in the same pool? If so, are you guys happy with the average drop chance for this shard?

Honestly, it seems the grind to get "the" shards is set at an extreme level...one that far surpasses fun and lands soundly in "chore" territory.

I got my first one in the early 20s? My second in I think the 70s or 80s.

EDIT: Also, I believe there are some other people in the C1 shard thread have mentioned getting their first one before 70. Doesn't invalidate your point, but we can't be stretching the facts here.

My questions:

• Will we see a full rotation of all maps in the C5 trial pool one day? and if not why not?
  • Whats your long term plans regarding Ascension, right now they seem to be scaling faster then the content for some of us.
  • Any plans to buff tower specific shards like Encroaching Flame and a few others? Right now they are far weaker then even base campaign shards like Destruction. Would you not consider defense specific shards to be mandatory or "your ultimate goal" for that defense? As in Encroaching Flame for Flame Auras?
  • Whats the plan for leecher gating?
  • Whats your plan for Multiplayer verses solo difficulty imbalance?
  • What was the thought process behind the shards explosive poison and rippling explosions? both proc from monster death, but have vastly different strength. 100% proc rate 150% explosion for Explosive poison (+PDT dot spreading bug) and 25% proc rate 80% damage for rippling explosions.
  • Since Fissures have an aura based damage dealing system (8 targets within its zone take periodic damage), why can the Fissure nodes be stacked next to each other, while Flame Auras have a " zone" where around the Flag/node where no other flame aura can be placed? 
  • Any plans to rethink the arbitrary 8 target cap for some towers but not for others (oil geyser, sand traps and traps etc)?

Do you plan to make an option to save hero decks and switch between decks? or any other plan to make hero choosing easier? some ideas posted in the suggestions forum.

i have one question, 

Will you guys ever re-add i power or ascend level requirement set by us (the player) for public matches. Muti-player is very toxic at the moment at chaos 4 and 5. 

@MamaTata quote:

Was Jesus a virgin when he died? I suppose so but not sure. Clear that one for me santa.png

I think they only want questions related to dd2 so they probably wont answer that 

I have another question for them tho. 

Do you think virgin jesus would like to come back to life to play dd2?

and if not, is that because he wasnt virgin and there is no virgin jesus or because dd2 is not fun to him?

and how could you make the game fun for anyone including jesus if thats the case?

No... they answer all questions. Especially such important ones like that one goblin.png

Btw.... one more time you write His name with small letter you will never ever get any good shard in this game. You'll be cursed forever!

@kingoftime2013 quote:

@MamaTata quote:

Was Jesus a virgin when he died? I suppose so but not sure. Clear that one for me santa.png

I think they only want questions related to dd2 so they probably wont answer that 

I have another question for them tho. 

Do you think virgin jesus would like to come back to life to play dd2?

and if not, is that because he wasnt virgin and there is no virgin jesus or because dd2 is not fun to him?

and how could you make the game fun for anyone including jesus if thats the case?