Sign in to follow this  
Mxmatt38

New to DD2

I am new to DD2 but not DD i played it on the xbox and then moved to the pc but havent played it in years do to not having a pc now i got one i would like to get in to it and would like some help as it is quite difrent from the first one any help would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be to go through the campaign with the original 4 heroes while taking your time to do so. The campaign is good fun. You will want to hold onto any gold/defender medals you get for upgrades in the chaos tiers of difficulty. If you could narrow down the info that your looking for the community in general is very knowledgeable and willing to give info/opinions. Cheers.

PS: Also checking out some of the recent videos on youtube and reading some of the patch notes will give you a good idea of what the current state of DD2 is.

I stream during the day (Aussie) on twitch and happy to answer some questions or maybe even do a few runs with ya ;)

But yes do the campaign you'l end up with around 7000 medals which will be very handy to either buy your first hero (10000) or use to upgrade your gear in Chaos.. Upgrading your gear even a little bit will help you find better gear once you reach Chaos levels.

About gearing.. put on what ever has the highest armour rating.. a few of the classes you'l want certain secondary stats.. so the Apprentice works really well with Ability Power (for Manabomb this will clear alot of enemies) you have choices for the other stat but hero health is handy as you are kind of powerless to do anything while casting manabomb there is a shard later on which helps with that (manabomb Aid)

I dont play the Huntress actively at all.. but i assume Hero Damage/Crit and a good fast weapon with lots of shots

Squire i believe this guy uses Hero damage with a couple of his shards.. again i dont play this one at all tho.. but his Barricades are apparently some of the best.. i myself perfer AbyssLord Orcs for walls tho..

Monk this guy is great with Ability power for Chi Blast and Pole Smash.. depending on what shards you get for him will determine which move you'l use ;) i perfer Chi Blast longer range and can hit a whole lane if your in the right spot it does cost a bit more to use tho.. Pole smash is great if you have a bunch of his Anti Air tower (Skyguard) around as it will send enemies flying into the air and the Skyguards will shoot at them for some fairly nice damage.

Thats the basic 4 heroes i wont get into the other ones other then to Say Abyss Lord is really good at the moment..

Mystic has a very good slow Trap and her Walls are quite handy too..

EV can do some serious damage with a couple of her moves and her Proton Beams are quite a nice slow/(freeze with shard) but are currently bugged on a few of the chaos levels..

Lavamancer i dont play this guy at all so cant comment..

Gun Witch she was my favorite DPS class for awhile.. but in Trails update if you are looking for Relics you will not want to play as her.

Dryad she was really good (possibly still is) at the start of Trials but she got a nerf and i switched to other builds.. but she really only has a couple of useful towers Tree, Nimbus and maybe Harpies(?) you'l want to play her as the active hero to get the most out of her defences tho.. but she is very tanky right the right shards and abilities.

@Mxmatt38 quote:

I am new to DD2 but not DD i played it on the xbox and then moved to the pc but havent played it in years do to not having a pc now i got one i would like to get in to it and would like some help as it is quite difrent from the first one any help would be appreciated.

Run and don't look back!