Sign in to follow this  
[GB] n0ught

Ogre Crush

I think it is fair to say that Ogre Crush is a forgotten challenge for most players because it is so easy. It would be great if you could increase the difficulty.

That's not a terrible idea, but to be fair, most of the original challenges (besides Wizardry) are pretty easy.

I dont particularly think it should be changed.....

For the lower level players still trying to get into NMHC, the Ogre Crush still provides a fair challenge. 
If you're trying it with 2-3K stats then obviously it'll feel like a cake-walk.

But its a fairly old challenge aimed to low stat players. And for that it seems fine and shouldn't be touched/messed with.

Maybe a whole new challenge altogether can be added, but then again there are plenty of other challenges which were unique and fun at low levels, so...

If you want it to be harder, try taking some of your gear off or use strange character combinations.  There is no reason to make it harder when each player can choose to make it more difficult on their own and in different, unique ways.  If all you want is a new challenge, you could try doing it with a single dps character in no armor.  Or try it with a lone EV (if you really want a challenge, try it with a tower based EV and try to find a way to kill ogres that spawn immune to lightning if possible).  Or do it using nothing but wheel of fortuna.  The possibilities are endless, really.

To the possibility that you want increased difficulty just for better map rewards and nothing else, I think there are far better maps you could run for rewards that offer quite a challenge, such as temple of love.