Sign in to follow this  
Shuyuki

Questions about frost tower and Abyss Lord vs rollers

1). Does speed affect frost towers?

2). Alot of posts on the forum that abyss lord is great for c5, but how do they take care of siege rollers? Im playing apprentice on c4 at the moment but feel that manabomb is abit lacking even with the +40% shard, due to the cast time. Hoping to make the switch to AL but taking down a roller takes forever with it

If its lacking I cant see you with ability gear.  Myself I did use the manabomb as well it is slow but a couple of them with ability gear should definitly kill him off..   

EDIT: unless the most recent patch changed the mana bomb.

AL in C5 can use its ability 2 or its right click spam

Use monk it's easiest to kill siege roller. 
https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/144119/see-comment?scrollTo=1273376#1273376
Well even monk gear c4 can take down roller c5 in about 4 pole smashes.

I've got 6.2k ability power not sure if thats considered little.. maybe ill try the monk instead

what about speed on frost towers?

someone mentioned they would pick up targets faster with more speed. i have not tested myself, just the rumor ;)

if you get the forsty buff shard you will probably use a medallion anyway later on.

if the speed works like on others towers there is a cap that you can only break with a defensive rate shard. so using orb vs speed as secoundary on totem/medallion usally makes no or a very very small difference. so i assume if it influences the pickup you hit the cap with speed as secoundary pretty much. so even if you wanted to test not sure if you would see much difference.

as for frostys and orbs, since without the frosty buff shard it is one of the few towers that you can use orbs without much thought. i feel it is a good option if you drop a good one and and want to use the totem/medallions you get on other damag towers/walls. orbs are usally not used in my inventory for much other then holding tower shards to save inventory space^^. if the orb has tower health as secoundary it is usally fine, if not the tower placement probably need some adjusting anyway. (or spend ascension points into tower health)

@Shuyuki quote:

1). Does speed affect frost towers?

2). Alot of posts on the forum that abyss lord is great for c5, but how do they take care of siege rollers? Im playing apprentice on c4 at the moment but feel that manabomb is abit lacking even with the +40% shard, due to the cast time. Hoping to make the switch to AL but taking down a roller takes forever with it

The hitbox for siege rollers is a bit wonky when using AoE skills (in my experience). If you're attacking a siege roller with abyss knight (or whatever skill 2 is called) you need to aim it a bit behind the siege roller so the spinning swords hit the back. If you put it inside the siege roller it will be considered a hit from the front. Takes a bit of practice but once you learn how to do it a few 2 will get siege rollers down quite fast.