Each chaos tier with ascension cap

....this could be a way to balance ascension gap that will be present among the players. So, zum beispiel, for chaos 5 effective ascension cap could be level 300 but player could have much higher that will be effective on higher chaos levels. This way, with such a cap,  game should be less trivial in sense of difficulty too. 

I am very sorry if anyone already posted such an idea.

If you like/thumb my post you get 15% higher chance to get any shard you need. Proven it works. Emoji_JavThrower.png 

Blacksmith Iamisom

I honestly don't understand why there would be a cap. Trendy have already implemented a leveling system that is 95% similar to Diablo's 'paragon' one (aka literally infinite leveling). They could lower the XP you get from lower Chaos for being high Ascension, however, it would just be more irritating to farm for the shards  you never get.

P.S. I hope I get that 15% increase, or I'll refund my post! warrior.png

Not overall ascension cap.... just an effective for each chaos tier. And no refund for you cause you did not thumb up my post.... cheater!

@fask0 quote:

I honestly don't understand why there would be a cap. Trendy have already implemented a leveling system that is 95% similar to Diablo's 'paragon' one (aka literally infinite leveling). They could lower the XP you get from lower Chaos for being high Ascension, however, it would just be more irritating to farm for the shards  you never get.

P.S. I hope I get that 15% increase, or I'll refund my post! warrior.png

edit.... now it's much better, but only 10% chance for you cause you tried to fool me

Enforcing caps on ascension defeats the whole point of the ascension system. Don't scare away from ascension, rather embrace it. What the game desperately needs is a mode with infinite difficulty scaling. So far Trendy only talked about adding new Chaos tiers. While I'm all up for that, adding only new chaos tiers will be pointless if they're not coming out every 2 weeks to 1 month, which I'm not seeing happening. With a proper infinite scaling game mode, it can extend the game's replayability for far longer.

I like that we can get stronger by progressing in ascension levels. The game would be in a perfect balance once we can keep progressing ascension AND have a game mode that keeps us challenged no matter how high we are AND gives us the right incentive to do so. At the moment the game is only about farming ascension levels without any purpose. I'm ok with that, since I still have faith in Trendy eventually coming out with something like Chaos Onslaught. However I do realize that for a lot of people simply farming ascension without reason now is not a very compelling reason to keep playing the game.

Thinking for a while I feel having infinite scaling greater rift system is not gonna be enough.

High ascension basically murders all the standard maps / chaos tiers and makes them no challenge. Now if the only thing we can find challenging is this "infinite mode" then we will never truly get the feeling of accomplishment, as you cannot beat the infinite system and normal game mode is too easy.

For example if we compare to DD1 beating crystalline dimension, winter wonderland all these hard maps felt really great and they actually felt like challenge always, especially crystalline dimension due to boss mechanics, map timers. We are currently missing all this in dd2 and now we even have ascension which is impossible to balance between casual and hardcore players, in a way that it still feels relevant. Beating the eventual epic maps because of 10k ascension is gonna leave us with a  empty feel.

EDIT'S

Pure infinite mode is basicly a wall simulator, you hit a wall -> go farm ascension for 2 weeks -> hit wall again -> go farm ascension 2 weeks and it will just go on and on.

DD1 had such an diverse gear system which allowed that to become endgame / basically infinite progression as finding perfect, even close to perfect was nearly impossible. In DD2 on other hand item system is one dimensional, it has no depth in it, which means it cannot be used as endgame / progression system. That's the reason we got ascension to get the progress feel after we are fully decked out. I just hope devs have something planned other than wall simulator endgame.

DD1 endgame = infinite item hunt

PoE endgame = infinite item hunt, both of these games are loved by it's playerbase.

Diablo 3 endgame = infinite paragon grind

DD2 current endgame = infinite ascension grind, now on this diablo 3 has failed and i don't see many people enjoying that game, let's hope Trendy can create something out of this system.

@Donaga quote:

With a proper infinite scaling game mode, it can extend the game's playability for far longer. 

I like that we can get stronger by progressing in ascension levels. The game would be in a perfect balance once we can keep progressing ascension AND have a game mode that keeps us challenged no matter how high we are AND gives us the right incentive to do so. At the moment the game is only about farming ascension levels without any purpose.