Sign in to follow this  
Swampdonkey

See all these complaints about upping units. Just beat c5 sewers no walls

I too came here and complained about assassins and build costs and so on.

These complaints i felt were justified.

In the end i took matters into my own hands and i seek help via streams of juicebags and others.

If your having problems it will be due to a few factors.

Your items are not on par with what your trying to do, Like every one who is progressing threw the chaos tiers it takes time you don t just get 1 upgrade and feel you can take on the next tier.

Does not work like that at all,All tiers have cap level items and id suggest that you work on capping yours before you go onto the next level.

Shards are massive any one who says they are not has no idea, Accession level also helps quite alot.

I was in chaos 4 i could beat every map i was not fully decked out but i went to chaos 5 and had many many many attemps at chaos 5 and would fail due to build mainly.

Watching streams will help you alot.

I just hit level 233 i can complete every chaos 5 map no worries. Still not the best chaos 5 items im short on quiet a few things.

Yes i did just beat c5 sewers with no walls at all just pure dps and well placed offense.

Please people do some reserch i hope they make the game harder not easyer, When things are on farm and you have no were to go it gets boring. 

@Swampdonkey quote:

Please people do some reserch i hope they make the game harder not easyer, When things are on farm and you have no were to go it gets boring. 

Good job not giving up and keeping at it!

Now we have forwarded our feedback on lack of things to do after C5 to devs. To sum it up they are thinking for solution (onslaught rework?) but it's still only in the thinking process so might be few months till we get something for us, now join us on the ascension grind Adept.png

i have been testing diffrent builds.

Just did 40 40 40 build

flamers skelly walls pdts. got the job done. but i normly run canons with stun pdts and some emberments per lane. thats my easy build.

Yet to try and cheese things with frezzy towers.

Why do you think the complaints have anything to do about the inability to beat maps?  I'm perfectly fine with the difficulty, I just want more build options and a chance to use the 80 DU defenses without them being the only defense in my build.  Obviously if DU is increased it will need to be balanced by either lowering defense damage or increasing enemy health.

they need to lower the du cost on the 80 per unit items.

also the druid is a complete waste of a class with every thing requiring trees to build. kinda retarded.

ev us also useless class that no one uses because she is useless in the current game state.

@Swampdonkey quote:

also the druid is a complete waste of a class with every thing requiring trees to build. kinda retarded.

ev us also useless class that no one uses because she is useless in the current game state.

Going around calling things useless obviously means you don't know so much and you follow blindly in other peoples builds.

@Swampdonkey quote:

druid = dryad ;)... i stopped using her awhile back.. so cant comment

But EV useless.. hell to the no!!!.. Proton beams are sweet ;).. i wish they cost a little less DU but when you can afford them they are freakin awesome ;)... Sadly Snaking sands being so cheap and massive range means they beat PB's outright

@LJMjollnir quote:

But EV useless.. hell to the no!!!.. Proton beams are sweet ;).. i wish they cost a little less DU but when you can afford them they are freakin awesome ;)... Sadly Snaking sands being so cheap and massive range means they beat PB's outright 

Use both and add a frostbite and it will stop enemies on their tracks.

i dont need hard cc on any map. or any cc to be honest. no sands no ev slows no frosties.

so ev is useless. i dont follow blindly into any ones builds. i tried a few of juicebags builds but did not work for me.

In saying that i build smart offence as much as possible, like it says in the title i did c5 today with no walls no cc of any kind. not pet not nothing. 

Well canon ball stun is cc. 

Other then that i dont use any thing. :D

@Swampdonkey quote:

i dont need hard cc on any map. or any cc to be honest. no sands no ev slows no frosties.

so ev is useless. i dont follow blindly into any ones builds. i tried a few of juicebags builds but did not work for me.

In saying that i build smart offence as much as possible, like it says in the title i did c5 today with no walls no cc of any kind. not pet not nothing. 

Well canon ball stun is cc. 

Other then that i dont use any thing. :D

you must be really decked out if you can kill things fast enough to not use walls/  Id love to see your stats/shards on the towers you used. Video perhaps?

Most request to increase DU limit are not because of balance.

Players want an increased DU limit to have more build variability, more choices and more complex tower setups. I'm all for an increase in DU limit but obviously trendy would need to change the difficulty/rebalance towers as well to keep it approx. the same.

I don't get the argument of: Don't increase our choices because the game is to easy already. Yeah the game in maxed out gear is easy right now. The most difficult part is getting those first C5 drops. That's already flawed because the most difficult gameplay is not at the end of the game. Also we have tons of balance issues right now. But just because there is bad balance doesn't mean trendy should ignore the wish of players to be able to place more towers (even if the towers are way weaker). 

200 DU per lane is 2 barricades and 2-5 other towers, imo players should be able to put at least 4 non-barricade towers per lane.. With towers that cost 100 DU and the advantages of 2 barricades a limit of 200 seems very unreasonable.

I can almost predict the towers you used: 

• Sand Traps 100%
  • PDTs 100%
  • Flamethrowers 70%
  • Player DPS most likely Abyss Lord.

Beating a map without walls is more about some towers being to strong or costing to little DU rather then anything to do with the DU debate. I happen to agree with you regarding DU limits being fine, but beating C5 without walls is not a good example of why DU limits are fine.

Farming C5 with gear and with meta is very different to progressing into C5 without the shards or the gear you need. I would say that part of the game was the hardest assuming you didn't have an Abyss Lord or Freeze shard for frosties.

The debate regarding DU limits should be made theoretically and strategically, what combo of CC, defense and offense towers can work together, and rather then increasing DU limits with some combo's being weak buffs to those combo's should be made while nerfs to the low DU builds should be made.

I want to say ur wrong, and the ONLY reason i wasent able to break into c5 before i did wasent because of me trying to do it with low c4 gear, bad builds, bad shards, but purely due to assasins perma silence, not being able to build enough defences. But the truth is, i had sub par gear, wasent building verry well and i had gimped myself in regards to shards and limited my dps. 

@Fozzie quote:

When you first got into C5 frosty instakill was around yes?

to answer this question before you ask: NO it wasent around when i broke into C5. it was pure horror at first, i went back down into c4 grinded myself better gear, went to c1-4 got some key shards that made my tower Dps ALOT better, looked at streamers, saw how they did it, looked at youtube videos, found a mix that worked with the gear, shards, heroes i had and cleared first 3 waves over and over till i got gear drops and so forth till i fully cleared it. 

i was quick to jump the gun on this one and call the assasins overpowered. they are not you just need to be ready for them, get the cc out and the stuns ready, it helps ALOT. Also some maps are easyer to build than others i would say sewers is the easyest, then LHV. 

Whats your ascension level?

What towers do you use?

What DPS do you use?

Can you show us a picture of your setup?

It's really easy to say things but not show any kind of proof that you accomplished it, for one. Two, you missed the point on why people are asking for a DU increase. We want an increase so we are not struggling to fit towers into maps anymore. When I build, I can't physically add SGTs to my build because everything I'm trying to cover. If I had 100 more DU, I could add SGTs yet still struggle (as I do) with bosses and tanky mobs.

@Zimmermann quote:

I can almost predict the towers you used: 

• Sand Traps 100%
  • PDTs 100%
  • Flamethrowers 70%
  • Player DPS most likely Abyss Lord.

Beating a map without walls is more about some towers being to strong or costing to little DU rather then anything to do with the DU debate. I happen to agree with you regarding DU limits being fine, but beating C5 without walls is not a good example of why DU limits are fine.

Farming C5 with gear and with meta is very different to progressing into C5 without the shards or the gear you need. I would say that part of the game was the hardest assuming you didn't have an Abyss Lord or Freeze shard for frosties.

The debate regarding DU limits should be made theoretically and strategically, what combo of CC, defense and offense towers can work together, and rather then increasing DU limits with some combo's being weak buffs to those combo's should be made while nerfs to the low DU builds should be made.

So this post made me want to try beating C5 sewer map without blockades, and also without any of the towers - or dps hero, mentioned in the quoted post above. It was actually fun and challenging even though I did succeed in first try. 

I used the following towers:

Frosties w. empowered frostbite and frosty duet + deadly strikes for longer range.

Oil geysers w. stun shard, and deadly strikes. 

Ramsters w. defense rate + destruction and deadly strikes.

Sky guard towers w. vampiric destruction and deadly strikes.

Assassin plan: One frosty + sky guard nearby.

Hero: Mystic. Weapon: Oathkeeper light, 4S, 3Projectiles Shards: Lightning touch + Burning strikes.

I used the frosties as makeshift walls and placed them right in the lane 3 each beside eachother so nothing could sneak by. I had about 500K health in them so they could take a hit or two, but not much more. 

The ork ladies were probably the hardest thing because they pretty much ignore oil geysers and frosty beams and run straight up and start bashing away, so I had to be on my toes and target them with ranged fire as soon as I spotted them. 

The siege tanks were not a problem as they were slowed to a halt on top of the first oil geyser and pretty much stayed there untill I had time to come and take care of it.

majean I am pretty sure its possible with cannons and flame auras/traps, with maybe a boost aura or frosty (without freeze shard) thrown in and SGT's vs air. 

But the point is clearing a map without walls with overpowered defenses or ascension is not an argument as to why DU limits should remain unchanged, which was the point the OP was trying to make. I just wanted to make a clear argument how strong towers/heroes/ascension is not a good argument for map balance.

@Zimmermann quote:

majean I am pretty sure its possible with cannons and flame auras/traps, with maybe a boost aura or frosty (without freeze shard) thrown in and SGT's vs air. 

But the point is clearing a map without walls with overpowered defenses or ascension is not an argument as to why DU limits should remain unchanged, which was the point the OP was trying to make. I just wanted to make a clear argument how strong towers/heroes/ascension is not a good argument for map balance.

I know this, I just thought it might be a fun challenge.

@MaJean quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I know this, I just thought it might be a fun challenge.

ah fair enough :)

Looks like most of you clear c5 with c5 gear, but remember that people start c5 with c4 gear, low ascension and variable shards.

The difference of power is abysmal.

All this really proves is that Trendy needs to really nerf the scaling on gear.  It clearly ramps up way too much compared to the monsters.

What exactly is hard about beating c5 with c5 gear? You vastly overgear the content. C5 was a challenge with c4 gear. If you already have c5 gear, it can't be hard, or it would be impossible to progress. I'm with NeedtoDie and Tiamata on this, c5 with c5 gear and any decent amount of Ascension is a joke.

I can do c5 with just 1 pdt pointed at each spawn, and one at some point further down the lane. It doesn't mean anything.