Sign in to follow this  
kingoftime2013

Reduce the amount of assasins please [added video on comments]

I dont know why but in my last few games I just have assasins spawning on me again and again until the wave is over

I basically have to be "afk" and not help my defence at all

good thing my gear is already almost c5 max but how the hell new c5 players supposed to win c5 AFK? (when I moved to c5 it was easier than now and still I had to just collect loot from bosses and lose at stage 3 for many games till I could win)

also im forced to use the strongest towers instead of trying out new things and having fun because if I build something a little weaker it wont hold while Im doing nothing except killing assasins

and its just annoying in general when they chain silence you so please fix it

Totally agree. I am not able to complete a chaos V map because at round 4, 7 or 8 assassins spawn, so I am unable to do anything. It is quite frustating.

press pet button with fire shield and enjoy with a diabolic laugh

@Bins quote:

Totally agree. I am not able to complete a chaos V map because at round 4, 7 or 8 assassins spawn, so I am unable to do anything. It is quite frustating.

is it just 7-8? I didnt count but it feels like 20

@Samoth quote:

I thought the sparkle party is the best vs assasins which ability are you talking about?

@Samoth quote:

Is there any good resource for finding which pet can learn which ability and what they do? My recent searches have turned up only outdated and incomplete information.

any firepet can roll with the ability fireshield. on lower pet levels it reflect 1500% damage before absorption and armor comes in effect. 

here are pet abilites. https://wiki.dungeondefenders2.com/wiki/Pet_Abilities

i guess it also works with storm damage

C5 is hard to get into from C4(less you got awesome shard drops), but imo once you can finish at least 3 rounds and get some drops the assassins become easier to deal with and become less of a problem. 

When I first started C5, I found it helpful to build a killbox just for assassins, involving a viper and sand-trap to rip them off of me and a bunch of skyguards to kill them. Later, I replaced the 4 skyguards with 2 lightning auras, which used much less DU and killed them faster. It was inconvenient having to stop what I was doing and run across the map to my killbox all the time though, so I dropped the killbox and started placing a lightning aura and sandtrap in front of the wall in each lane, along with a spike blockade equipped with stun-shard. Either the sand or the stun-wall will get the assassins off me fairly quickly, and once upgraded a single lightning aura is enough to kill assassins in one hit.

save urself some DU and just build your killbox infront of existing blockades in one lane with stun shard or add a vipers fangs that's in the range of two skyguards. I think skyguards probably out dps's lightning auras since they are slow as hell compared to skyguards. 

@Samoth quote:

any firepet can roll with the ability fireshield. on lower pet levels it reflect 1500% damage before absorption and armor comes in effect. 

well im sure the shield doesnt stay long enough for the whole wave anyway

@Folly quote:

When I first started C5, I found it helpful to build a killbox just for assassins, involving a viper and sand-trap to rip them off of me and a bunch of skyguards to kill them. Later, I replaced the 4 skyguards with 2 lightning auras, which used much less DU and killed them faster. It was inconvenient having to stop what I was doing and run across the map to my killbox all the time though, so I dropped the killbox and started placing a lightning aura and sandtrap in front of the wall in each lane, along with a spike blockade equipped with stun-shard. Either the sand or the stun-wall will get the assassins off me fairly quickly, and once upgraded a single lightning aura is enough to kill assassins in one hit.

@nomad19 quote:

save urself some DU and just build your killbox infront of existing blockades in one lane with stun shard or add a vipers fangs that's in the range of two skyguards. I think skyguards probably out dps's lightning auras since they are slow as hell compared to skyguards. 

I can kill assassins pretty easy with my abyss knight but whenever I kill one another come and they keep coming for the whole wave and thats the problem

I dont see how killing zone will solve that

asassins are easy to counter.

pet stun

cannon ball stun

freeze towers.

viper towers

I just did a c5 test without any stun or cc no viper turrets no canon balls no  freeze tower. no problems.

once you work out how to deal with assasins they are easy.

@kingoftime2013 quote:

@Samoth quote:

well im sure the shield doesnt stay long enough for the whole wave anyway

@Folly quote:

@nomad19 quote:

I can kill assassins pretty easy with my abyss knight but whenever I kill one another come and they keep coming for the whole wave and thats the problem

I dont see how killing zone will solve that

Killzone is just basically by walls you have cc from vipers fangs or wall stun to take care of the multiple assassins. When your first starting out in C5 your not really going to have the opportunity to jump to different lanes with the assassins, so your need your def towers to hold any trash mobs. get yourself at least 60k hero health and you should be good.  

@Swampdonkey quote:

asassins are easy to counter.

pet stun

cannon ball stun

freeze towers.

viper towers

I just did a c5 test without any stun or cc no viper turrets no canon balls no  freeze tower. no problems.

once you work out how to deal with assasins they are easy.

@nomad19 quote:

Killzone is just basically by walls you have cc from vipers fangs or wall stun to take care of the multiple assassins. When your first starting out in C5 your not really going to have the opportunity to jump to different lanes with the assassins, so your need your def towers to hold any trash mobs. get yourself at least 60k hero health and you should be good.  

ok I recorded my game to show you what I mean

look how this whole wave assassins keep spawning on me and all I do is killing them

and im using abyss which is the best against them, what if I wanted to play another hero?

am I doing something wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAoGAl4ThpQ

nope, looks totally normal.

you are dependent on rng with them. meaning if you get better gear to faster dps them down or better tower gear to help you spend less time on them and more actually looking at the lanes then you will do better. but it is 99% drop dependent (or ascension if you want to grind it out).

if you wanted to spend less time dealing with them maybe set a tower on the lane you are staying so you get additional dps to kill them. i usally have a sand trap in every lane anyway for some added cc (does not do a lot for assassin,but sometimes stuns and helps) and a pdt + skyguard. the tower dps helps quite a lot.

and im using abyss which is the best against them, what if I wanted to play another hero?

you probably want to get a gato pet with sparkle party ability then. since it gets you that additional stun instead of the aby knight stun (pet abilitys cooldown reset on death too).

for your blockades (i assume you have the stun shard) for non abyss dps in particular in double wall lanes you can stand before them "in the crack". so if you hug the walls in front on this spot both spikes can hit you/the assassins. so you get the stun chance from both blockades. the only problem is somethimes you get body blocked by their hitbox, but you can jump out and dps this way. it reduces the time it take to stun them a bit.

@sulusdacor quote:

nope, looks totally normal.

you are dependent on rng with them. meaning if you get better gear to faster dps them down or better tower gear to help you spend less time on them and more actually looking at the lanes then you will do better. but it is 99% drop dependent (or ascension if you want to grind it out).

if you wanted to spend less time dealing with them maybe set a tower on the lane you are staying so you get additional dps to kill them. i usally have a sand trap in every lane anyway for some added cc (does not do a lot for assassin,but sometimes stuns and helps) and a pdt + skyguard. the tower dps helps quite a lot.

you probably want to get a gato pet with sparkle party ability then. since it gets you that additional stun instead of the aby knight stun (pet abilitys cooldown reset on death too).

for your blockades (i assume you have the stun shard) for non abyss dps in particular in double wall lanes you can stand before them "in the crack". so if you hug the walls in front on this spot both spikes can hit you/the assassins. so you get the stun chance from both blockades. the only problem is somethimes you get body blocked by their hitbox, but you can jump out and dps this way. it reduces the time it take to stun them a bit.

so, are you fine with the current state of the assassins?

i just find it annoying that they spawn every few seconds and dont give me a break

nope, lot of bugs, not fun interaction overall for me

in the last friday fun trendy stream it was said that the assassin issue was one trend that showed in the polls already and they are aware of that. but overall all it is a work in progress and there will probably be more changes, so the way the assassin are currently will not be their final form i assume ;)

its so sad that they have to nerf everything that adds a little challenge so everyone can clear it. if you are too bad for c5 you shouldnt be able to beat it and just git gut

@kingoftime2013 quote:

@sulusdacor quote:

snip

i just find it annoying that they spawn every few seconds and dont give me a break

well you got lots of time to move between lanes and you shouldnt Need to help out on every lane. you can also cut the defenses on one lane to a single pdt and move the rest to other lanes so they can hold their own and use your hero for that lane.

if you still struggle just build 2 walls in a row. like that you got a second wall if the first is down which buys alot more time for you to eventually go from lane to lane and help killing enemies. or place some CC to slow/stun the enemies.

but since you Play a freaking abysslord assassins should be brainafk for you. you can spam abyssknights when you see the Cloud around your chest, you can afk in your heal fountain till your Towers got rid of the assassins, you can use the speedboost of the fountain to move around the map insanly fast, ...

@Samoth quote:

its so sad that they have to nerf everything that adds a little challenge so everyone can clear it. if you are too bad for c5 you shouldnt be able to beat it and just git gut

yeah i dont understand it. you got tons and tons of possible Things you can do against assassins. run around to reduce dmg on you, use dmg reduction shards and hp so you last longer, etc.

and yes you can reduce the dmg on you when you run around like a headless chicken. when 4-8 assassins spawn simultaniously on you and you got no abysslord to outheal their dmg or any CC to get them off of you. what do you do? stand there and let them kill you? hell no since only 1 single assassins jumped on you, as Long as he sits on you, you are silenced. he will stay on you for around 5 sec. the other assassins only follow you and attack you when you are in range, but they are slow. so when you run you only have to last Long enough till the 1 single assassin jumped off of you and then kill it.

assassins only jump on you when they spawn so if they already spawned they wont do it anymore.

you can also use 1 tree as a wall on a lane where you defend with your hero most of the time. this tree heals me for only 1670 and its enough to outheal a bunch of assassins Long enough till im rdy to use my abilities again and i can nuke the hell out of them. i loose 30k hp only with 5% more inc dmg and since a dps hero with 30-35k hp is a joke anyway in C5 it shouldnt be hard to have 45-60k hp at least anyway. if you fail you probably have to Switch to hp in your Ascension instead off going blind for dmg.

i made C5 with garbage C4 gear and only 80 Ascension, didnt have so many good shards. still i made it. it is supposed to be the hardest difficulty currently and many many many Players proved that you can do it with garbage gear. but People complain or make "boost me C5" threads. in my eyes pathetic

@Samoth quote:

if the challenge is to be silenced the whole wave they can just do that you cant have an active hero on chaos 5. just build and then watch your def win\lose while you do nothing

I feel like the idea of assassins should give another kind of challenge not what we have right now

you are just silenced the whole wave if u do nothing against them but even then it isnt the whole wave. when i afk c5 and watch my hero he gets maybe silenced 2-3 times and there is plenty of time between attacks to do something against them. may it be running to a frosty, stand on a sand trap, precast a skeleton knight, run to the spot my anti airs overlap, activate my pet or run to blockades for stun chance. there are just so many possibilities

at first i had HUGE problems with the assasins, i hated those things. Now i just laugh as they die :D the most important thing you need to be able to handle these assasins are CC. i recomend sharpend spike on squire blokades, cannonball stun, viperfangs, and the frosty instafreeze them if you got empowered frosty shard(this seems like a bug but at least it dosent instakill anymore). If you have problems surviving try putting down a mystic serpent coil, to get those yummy hp balls you can fill up on even when silenced. at first you need to amp up your HP later when you get used to handle the assasins you can tone it down again and go more dps.

@kingoftime2013 quote:

@Samoth quote:

if the challenge is to be silenced the whole wave they can just do that you cant have an active hero on chaos 5. just build and then watch your def win\lose while you do nothing

I feel like the idea of assassins should give another kind of challenge not what we have right now

what we have right now is the challenge. build sth to CC/outheal/kill/whatever the assassins. if you cant do it then you shouldnt beat C5.

without trees to heal me, without cheesing with abyss with more dmg taken thx to power Gambit i made it and i was only 27 sec silenced during the 5 waves. i mean i didnt care about getting them off sometimes. you can clearly see that. 27sec.

11:54 Long vid, 11:01 till the last enemy died. 2:19min before wave 1, 25sec between wave 1 and 2, 21sec 2 and 3, 37sec 3 and 4 and 33sec 4 and 5. so 4min 15 of 11:01 i didnt fight.

so 6:46min fight time and 27sec silenced without even trying half the time. which means i was silenced 6.65% of the time i was infight. 6.65% of the time is not an awful lot and on sewers the lanes arent even Close together. Nimbus reach and Little horn valley are alot closer together and you can do more in less time then on sewers.

so could you plz tell me now, how it is so hard to get rid of that silence and why 6.65% in reality is 100% in your eyes?

all the time complain here, complain there. what can you do to get rid of assassins? (reliable Options)

Squire: Wall stun, Cannon stun

Apprentice: Frosty freeze

Huntress: Geyser

Monk: LSA

Lavamancer: Oil Geyser stun

Abysslord: Orc Wall command, Abyssknight spam, healing fountain

Dryad: Wall heal

Mystic: Wall bubble, Sand Snakes

EV2: Nothing

Gunwitch: Nothing

8/10 heroes that can do stuff pretty reliable and 12 Options in total. in Addition you got the 13th Option to kill them with so much Tower dps that you dont Need to get rid of the silence and the 14th Option to run around like a chicken for 5 sec till the assassin Drops while the other assassins chase you without getting into meele range and then you can nuke them down and heal back up.

@H3M1V3 quote:

@kingoftime2013 quote:

@Samoth quote:

what we have right now is the challenge. build sth to CC/outheal/kill/whatever the assassins. if you cant do it then you shouldnt beat C5.

without trees to heal me, without cheesing with abyss with more dmg taken thx to power Gambit i made it and i was only 27 sec silenced during the 5 waves. i mean i didnt care about getting them off sometimes. you can clearly see that. 27sec.

11:54 Long vid, 11:01 till the last enemy died. 2:19min before wave 1, 25sec between wave 1 and 2, 21sec 2 and 3, 37sec 3 and 4 and 33sec 4 and 5. so 4min 15 of 11:01 i didnt fight.

so 6:46min fight time and 27sec silenced without even trying half the time. which means i was silenced 6.65% of the time i was infight. 6.65% of the time is not an awful lot and on sewers the lanes arent even Close together. Nimbus reach and Little horn valley are alot closer together and you can do more in less time then on sewers.

so could you plz tell me now, how it is so hard to get rid of that silence and why 6.65% in reality is 100% in your eyes?

all the time complain here, complain there. what can you do to get rid of assassins? (reliable Options)

Squire: Wall stun, Cannon stun

Apprentice: Frosty freeze

Huntress: Geyser

Monk: LSA

Lavamancer: Oil Geyser stun

Abysslord: Orc Wall command, Abyssknight spam, healing fountain

Dryad: Wall heal

Mystic: Wall bubble, Sand Snakes

EV2: Nothing

Gunwitch: Nothing

8/10 heroes that can do stuff pretty reliable and 12 Options in total. in Addition you got the 13th Option to kill them with so much Tower dps that you dont Need to get rid of the silence and the 14th Option to run around like a chicken for 5 sec till the assassin Drops while the other assassins chase you without getting into meele range and then you can nuke them down and heal back up.

thanks for the detailed comment

you make me think that maybe new players could actually progress to chaos 5 if they try hard

I cant say they cant because I didnt try (I progressed before the assassin buff)

I still find the assassins annoying tho,but if most people like them then I guess trendy should not change them

let me ask you, you like the current state of the assassins and having fun with them?