Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

Public C5 is unplayable.

If I am not repairing the blockade the blockade does not get repaired. As you can imagine, this becomes an issue when an assassin is on me, or if there are more then one blockades that need repairing.

• Please allow the host of the game to be able to repair all blockades at once and control other players characters.
  • An alternative to this would be, to add some kind of malware that uninstalls dungeon defenders II if the button "r" has not been pressed within a round.

FYI My blockades have 3.3mil health at rank 1, and the stun shard to deal with assassins.

I am feeling very bitter right now.

You are more brave then i thought, gobu. Maybe become one of the legion force instead of the defenders.

Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png~(we have no cookies, but we are still hiring)

it was a test more then anything, but god all mighty it annoys me when people cant do the most basic thing.

I wanted to see how good/bad flame auras were on public. the EMP was not a problem but jesus the damage was awful. 

I am expecting a huge buff to them in the next update, like double the damage output at the very minimum. What I expect... is what doesn't happen^^

I wouldn't touch public C5 with a 40 foot pole Jester_Forum_icon2.png

From my experience once you go past C2 on public games its all leeches. In C2 you have at least some C1 geared people actually trying to make it, so i like to help them out sometimes :)

I play a lot of C1, C2 and C3 pubs, mainly for shards and some quick ascension. I can carry C4 but that's the limit.

If Trendy keep the assassin as it is public C5 is impossible.

I'm amazed people keep trying to join c5 while not contributing. I mean, how many c5 games do they win per day ? 

I thought at first that players would realize leeching was no longer a thing, but they persist in the wrong way.

Host full rights is probably the only solution at this point, so you can kick freely any leecher in higher difficulties.

look at players gear! auto kick if low. i was able to do C5 public with 4 players. 1 was max C4 other was C5.  we won easily due to knowing what to do. 

@Zimmermann quote:

it was a test more then anything, but god all mighty it annoys me when people cant do the most basic thing.

I wanted to see how good/bad flame auras were on public. the EMP was not a problem but jesus the damage was awful. 

I am expecting a huge buff to them in the next update, like double the damage output at the very minimum. What I expect... is what doesn't happen^^

Not sure if it needs a double damage. Slight boost yeah, but it needs more the removal of the 8 targets cap. It will be a lot better if it can hit all enemies inside its radius

I've tried hosting c5 maps before... worked only once. Everyone that joins is nm4 / c2 gear at best that expect to get carried. Just watched the deaths happen from assassins. Needless to say, i avoid c5 public now.

Agreed that the bigger problem is noobs joining games beyond their means to contribute to.

However, in regards to the OP, I do also perceive an issue in the fact that more players joining causes enemies to gain both health and damage output. The additional players can attack enemies, mitigating their health boost. However, additional players does not do anything to mitigate the boosted monster damage, which means that walls explode in half the time that they do in single-player. This is manageable in C1-C4 by repairing constantly, but in C5 the assassins often make it impossible to keep repairing, leaving no real avenue to victory.

Please give the host a plethora of options to stop afkers.

1. Give the host a kick button.
  2. Give the host a 'afk-check' button that gives everyone a 20 second countdown to see if they are there. If they don't respond, they get kicked.
  3. Give the host tools to blacklist people from the game who haven't met certain requirements (for example, has not solo completed a chaos level the host could specify).

I haven't done a public game yet because of how bad the game hosting system is right now. It's not worth the time ripping my hair out.

Before I go into this, I am talking about public games, not multiplayer. Public being random pick up groups, multiplayer being a coordinated group.

Ok so I have very limited C5 public experience (3 or so failed maps), so I could be way off the mark with this one, but something happened that made me have a few concerns regarding multiplayer balance. 

I built Bastille public, now I can basically AFK that place on solo, and 1 SGT with 650k dps rank 1 and 175k DH is enough per air lane. I lost an SGT in round 1 on public... this is inconceivable on solo, 400k+ DPS you will never lose an SGT even if it has 1 defense health.

Now that to me says, multiplayer irrespective of public leachers is clearly harder then solo. Multiplayer in my eyes should be equal or slightly easier then solo, and I love solo. There should be "pride and accomplishment" from completing a map solo not the other way round. Strength in numbers is a thing after all^^

I hate to say this, but I think public needs nerfing. Having a single air lane destroy the best AA tower in the game with insanely good stats compared to the general public that play C5 is to hard. Alternatively solo could be made much much harder to make public more desirable.. but that imho would be to challenging for most players and would crush the use of non meta towers in solo play.

So we can hate on leachers, bad players, afk'er but even with them gone, group play is way way harder then solo, and this needs changing.

In multiplayer Hero DPS replaces Defense DPS.

1 Skyguard isn't going to kill 4 people worth of air compared to solo. That makes no sense.

The scaling is a bit harsh at the moment but its really not that far off. You just have to adjust your build.

If you don't want to dps that air lane use 2 or 3 SGs and make up for it with hero dps in lower DU lanes.

[[150185,users]]

I complete agree to a point, playing with a full group on *some* maps is just a bit crazy with how the spawns work out, and same for the increased health pools. Majority of players are not like the few of us.. near max gear with 250+ ascension. 

Solo, we can stray from meta very easily. Adding players decreases our effectiveness in some lanes. While asking players to perform a certain job/task of DPS an area. Many instances, I've seen people just run around or try to afk. With fliers, it becomes an afterthought for many... oh and AA with 500k+ dps? it'll be fine.. then here comes 3-4 kobolds or a swarm of 10 random winged beasts. Good bye AA.

Do I have an idea on how to remedy this? Kind of.

Adjust the spawns, and not increase health pools too much. Allow for a more steady stream of fliers.. not just 10 at once..

Now that steady stream *might* be easily killed by a single AA for some.. but think that if 1 flier comes out, then 2 seconds later another follows then another... they will ever so slightly get closer, still requiring some DPS, but not full attention like some air lanes do now at times..

Amazingly managed to beat c5 with three c1 geared guys.  Not sure if it was a bug but even with 88K health I was almost being insta-killed by assassins in rounds four and five.  Even the earlier rounds the assassins were doing a lot of damage.  Seems the buff to damage for having four players is a bit strong when it comes to assassins.

Whenever I feel like I'm getting a little too much faith in humanity, I just play me some public c5. No, I'm kidding, but I do sometimes do it to test how good my build is.. I figure if you can make it to round 3 with 3 public people, then it's a pretty good build.  Make it to round 4 and you got a really solid build and probably afkable solo.. round 5 and you might have a spot in the builders hall of fame. Just think of it as Challenge Mode. 

It varies based on the skill of the people you get to join though, so you have to do a few games to make sure you get some real bottom feeders. 

It all goes back to them not being geared or ready to be there. We need a limiter to keep leeches and low lvls who dont belong out of MP games. You can not carry in the upper chaos that easily. also [[150185,users]] Add me IDM helping you test. I Find your builds very fun and entertaining. You are why i swapped from Flamethrowers to Flame auras. Im only on C4 atm. Challenging, but fun.