Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

When will we get a new map pool?

[[4370,users]] Can we get some information as to when the map pools will be rotated?

Playing the same 4 maps over and over is getting unbearable. Could you maybe make practice worth it or rotate the map pool much more frequently.

@Zimmermann quote:

Can we get some information as to when the map pools will be rotated?

Emphasis added is mine. We discussed that map rotation was something we'd like to do, but we don't have 100% plans on doing that right now. If we do rotate the maps, it would only be for the highest Chaos tier currently available (which is Chaos V right now). 

Now, with those pesky clarifications out of the way, who else on the forums would like for us to rotate the Chaos V maps? And if not, why not? I'd love to hear from both sides.

We totally need new maps in the rotation for Chaos V. Since normal defense Chaos V of all the maps is already in the game and working, is it really hard to switch the map rotation?

100% rotation is needed. I personally preferred picking my own maps, targeting specific rewards, but those days seem behind us. We just need some variation. So many great maps Trendy have made, and I don't even get to play them

@iamisom quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Emphasis added is mine. We discussed that map rotation was something we'd like to do, but we don't have 100% plans on doing that right now. If we do rotate the maps, it would only be for the highest Chaos tier currently available (which is Chaos V right now). 

Now, with those pesky clarifications out of the way, who else on the forums would like for us to rotate the Chaos V maps? And if not, why not? I'd love to hear from both sides.

iamisom can you tell us anything about an upcoming patch ? I guess there wont be one this week ? Any range gambit fixes or single target defense buffs planned ? 

Absolutely. Why only Chaos 5... You're meant to be releasing this as end game but limiting it to 4 or 5 maps is really going to kill any enjoyment we have for the game.

So Incursions for all intensive purposes get dropped and now.....

"You must only play the maps that are available in CHAOS unless you want to get nothing for doing it".  Very disappointed in this huge lapse in judgement.

Why you ask is this such a poor decision?

• Variety made this game interesting and currently *Trendy has lost focus on it*
  • Even if you have a clear definition of where you want to go, why would you make this big of a change and not ask the player base about their thoughts?
  • You have an amazing resource *your player base* why not use it?
  • The game has amazing promise/potential but these decisions are definitely lowering your player base. 

Suggestion:  Update your Milestones and get the community involved.  Get some positive vibes going because right now the bad greatly outweighs the good.

@iamisom quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I am not being funny here, but you have to rotate the maps... its killing us on C5 that we have only the same 4 maps to play... I put this issue above all other issues in the game, bugs, balance, loot whatever.. its the most important thing. 

You have effectively turned DD2 from a 19 or however many maps we have into a 4 map game for everyone that only gains gear from C5.

I am really concerned for the player base if this issue is not taken seriously, and I am slightly worried this was never even considered as a potential problem. This is such a fundamental issue.

iamisom I want all Chaos level Trials to be extended to all 21 maps. Limiting it to 5 makes the game very stale very fast. We can still be assigned a random map but seeing the same maps all the time is not fun.

I would like to hear Trendy's reasoning for limiting each to 5 maps. I spent over 100 ascension levels just grinding those same 5 maps on Chaos 1 trying to find a Deadly Strikes shard. I never got one, but I got so sick of playing the game because it was just the same 5 maps over and over.

Maybe you guys want each tier to be limited to a small pool of maps, but this is a case where what you want is the opposite of what the game needs

Why not all the Chaos levels ??... i understand the reason for a limited pool of maps (to bring more players together make match making easier...)

But even the guys stuck on Chaos 1 would like a change im sure ;)... im currently stuck on C4.. cant bridge the gap to C5 for some reason.... ive gotten to wave 4.. but no drops only greys n greens.. if i cant put a shard in it its gonna be trash...

personaly i would love to see a feature that we can play all maps and get chaos loot.

yes please at least rotate map. as many said we got from playing all maps incursion/defense before to basicly 4 maps if you reach c5 or the 5 if you are stuck on a chaos tier or farm a level for shards...

I don't really like the actual Trial rotation system. People who are struggling are forced to skip hardest maps, and people that can clear all of them will be prevented to play more environments.

I thought about a ban system that could help both sides while keeping the rotation. If you could add every map to the random rotation but give X bans to players, veterans could ban the maps they don't want to play anymore (ban one they have seen too much, for exemple) and new players could ban the most difficult maps so that they don't force them into the infinite lose+continue cycle.

What do you think about it ?

how about for chaos 4 and 5 map rotation.  5 different maps every 3-5 days.  maybe add some themes. like this week will be 3-4 core maps rotation. next week will be single core map.  

If the range shard is gonna stay rare on chaos 1, c1 needs a map rotation more than c5. Because once you are fully geared, have little to gain, and playing for funsies, you can play any non trials c5 map you want.

Rotation would have to exclude some maps.  By the nature of the campaign, certain maps are far easier than others.  If for example Molten Citadel was available in C5, players would just keep skipping until they got it.

That said, since the majority of Shards seem to drop in C1 & C2, these levels need a rotation more than others.

@Zimmermann quote:

I am not being funny here, but you have to rotate the maps... its killing us on C5 that we have only the same 4 maps to play... I put this issue above all other issues in the game, bugs, balance, loot whatever.. its the most important thing. 

You have effectively turned DD2 from a 19 or however many maps we have into a 4 map game for everyone that only gains gear from C5.

I am really concerned for the player base if this issue is not taken seriously, and I am slightly worried this was never even considered as a potential problem. This is such a fundamental issue.

Spot on analysis. I second everything he said. 

@iamisom quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

No, don't just rotate the highest tier. Rotate Every Tier, Every Day. This is supposed to be "Chaos", not "Eventually Things Will Change Occasionally".

@iamisom quote:

Why wouldn't you rotate the other tiers?  I'm getting tired of the chaos 2 maps, but I may yet have to do a few more of them to acquire relics for chaos 3.  And some people are farming chaos 1 for the stupidly rare range shards.  If your intention is for players to progress faster and not spend more than a week on the same chaos tier, then please do something about gold gains and shard rarity.

All maps for all chaos tiers should have rewards and loot drops that we have now on Trials only. Trials then could get something special special.... like some new juicy special armour set or a Godly weapon.

@Immortal-D quote:

Rotation would have to exclude some maps.  By the nature of the campaign, certain maps are far easier than others.  If for example Molten Citadel was available in C5, players would just keep skipping until they got it.

Or maybe they should just balance the maps better?  I don't understand my Molten Citadel and Unholy Catacombs, both of which are effectively three-lane maps, have a limit of 800 DU when many four-lane maps also have the same limit and five-lane maps generally have 1000 DU.  Following the guideline of 200 DU per lane citadel and catacombs should have 600 DU.  I'd much prefer if the tighter maps were given 100-200 additional DU though.  It's no fun only being able to build a single damaging tower per lane.

@iamisom quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I'm not proud enough to quite literally beg for you to do map rotations.  
It hasn't even been that long and I'm already getting quite tired of the 4 that are there now.  

4 maps is just not enough end game variety, there has to be a rotation, or the ability to pick our own maps without nerfed loot.