Sign in to follow this  
krsans78

Suggestion: Accumulated bonus (trials)

I suggest four things:

1. Add a "skip" button on the trials
  2. Add bonus to the amount of medals/shards/gold/quality of loot for every trial you complete without fail. If you skip a map, your bonus gets reset.
  3. Remove the name "practice" from maps, and add normal rewards for picking a map directly (like todays version of trials maps).
  4. Bump up rewards on picking maps directly when playing in a team.

This way you get a big incentive to play trials and have the randomness that the devs want. However, you get a pretty ok solution to the public version as well, since you then can use the lfg system that trendy developed recently but is currently unused.

@123theman123 quote:

i like the idea but the bonus must be worth it. and once  started, no one can jump in and leech gear.  

If you play public, then I guess people will join whenever they want when you click "trial". If you play private, only your friends may join. I guess that the rewards should be even greater when playing a public trial since  in reality its harder, but that is details. The big picture of my suggestion is to add a bonus escalation every time you win a trial and keep going. The bonus should stack (probably a cap should be placed, like you get max bonus after say 6-10 maps).

I like the idea of streaks, but what will you do for disconnects/bugs? Either it is prone to abuse and allows people to alt-tab and kill the program to continue their win streak, or people will be pissed if they are playing it honest and the game really disconnects or bugs out.

If you allow joining in to public games, people will have a dummy account find a "good" map, and then join in. That dummy account doesn't even need to stay once you get the preferred map.

I like the old bonus of first time you complete a map you get a bonus something. Picking a specific map rewards the current Trials loot, but first time for any map is a bonus something on each difficulty level. Don't cap it at 5 so you encourage playing as many different ones as possible.

@123theman123 quote:

i like the idea but the bonus must be worth it. and once  started, no one can jump in and leech gear.  

Or each player will have their own bonus counter.  Then others can join and leave as they wish and things will be totally fair.

I like the idea.

I alternatively suggested another alternative of a sort of "mixed-mode" where we get all of the special monsters in the trials mode, and that tiers special monster for the normal mode (with adjusted loots) in a different thread, as well as enemy re-balancing the mobs to make them more counterable when together.

Thread <---- Shameless self promotion~

@tdb quote:
@123theman123 quote:

Or each player will have their own bonus counter.  Then others can join and leave as they wish and things will be totally fair.

OHH that good too. i  just wanted a way to help players that acullty do the work and not just jump in at certain map number 

Honestly I'm not particularly fond of the idea of being forced into maps.  I think the game should be about playing what you like rather than being forced to play maps you hate.

In addition, it punishes players who maybe have sessions of one or two maps and then logging out to do something else, or if they just happen to have spotty internet.

@Valthejean quote:

Honestly I'm not particularly fond of the idea of being forced into maps.  I think the game should be about playing what you like rather than being forced to play maps you hate.

In addition, it punishes players who maybe have sessions of one or two maps and then logging out to do something else, or if they just happen to have spotty internet.

If the rewards stay as they do now, but you add a bonus for succeeding the trials, then you do not punish people for doing a couple of maps. Even the person who just does 1 map, is not punished. He is simply not rewarded with extra bonus. He does have a chance to get upgrades as anyone else, just that people who play more maps in a row than he does will increase their bonus.

Also, my suggestion makes picking your maps feasible again. Especially when in a team, since you would get a bonus in rolls and gold for doing the map in a team.

Don't think the disconnection issue will be implemented as it wasnt when we had onslaught.  But the idea of get progressively better rewards by playing the rotations of maps is an awsome Idea.   Tdb suggested of having an individual counter for yourself and other players joining is a great idea as well.

@krsans78 quote:

If the rewards stay as they do now, but you add a bonus for succeeding the trials, then you do not punish people for doing a couple of maps. Even the person who just does 1 map, is not punished. He is simply not rewarded with extra bonus. He does have a chance to get upgrades as anyone else, just that people who play more maps in a row than he does will increase their bonus.

Also, my suggestion makes picking your maps feasible again. Especially when in a team, since you would get a bonus in rolls and gold for doing the map in a team.

While it may not be a *direct* punishment, players will still find it punishing.  The game would dictate what maps they play, and if they don't play those maps they don't get rewarded.  The only rewards should come from playing the game, not playing it how the game dictates.  If I like random rotations of maps, I should be able to play random rotations.  If I like a select grouping of maps, I should be able to play them as I see fit.  Withholding rewards simply because it doesn't match how the game wants you to play it just doesn't sit well with me.