Remove Helmet/Chest/Glove/Leg shard requirement

Remove Helmet/Chest/Glove/Leg shard requirement on armour.

Seeing as you guys have decresed the shard limit from 3 to 2, I don't really see a need for you to limit us further by imposing where we are allowed to place shards (with respect to armour). It made sense when one could have 3 shards per armour piece since it acts as balance control. It's kinda redundant now though

Please allow all armor shards to be equipped in any armour piece.

@R-Kane quote:

Remove Helmet/Chest/Glove/Leg shard requirement on armour.

Seeing as you guys have decresed the shard limit from 3 to 2, I don't really see a need for you to limit us further by imposing where we are allowed to place shards (with respect to armour). It made sense when 3 one could have 3 shards per armour piece since it acts as balance control. It's kinda redundant now though

Please allow all armor shards to be equipped in any armour piece.

I pray this is never a thing as it would massivly hurt shard balance

I pray this is never a thing as it would massivly hurt shard balance

I massively disagree. Besides, shard balance is the devs job to worry about. 99% of all ideas, suggestions and requests on here could be argued against by whining about 'balance'.

On top of that, I hardly think that adding a bit of power to hero damaging builds is going to cause the issues of balance that towers have

what are some horribly broken things that would happen?

unless we're talking about double, triple, and quadruple stacking the same shard across helmet, body, hands, feet lol but I don't think the OP wants that

@Pachipachio quote:

what are some horribly broken things that would happen?

unless we're talking about double, triple, and quadruple stacking the same shard across helmet, body, hands, feet lol but I don't think the OP wants that

Atm shards are limited to where they can go for balance and logic reasons i will explain a simple example , if i want hero crit chance on my gloves with construction i cant get stronger pole smash its a give and take. Heros are allready MASSIVELY (like need a nerf strong) if yours arent its not from the inability to use helmet shards in your boots.

lol >.> 

so you're saying if we could get pole smash, construction, and hero crit chance on the same hero that "it would massivly hurt shard balance"?

or have you abandoned that and are now saying we shouldn't because heroes are strong enough?

@Pachipachio quote:

lol >.> 

so you're saying if we could get pole smash, construction, and hero crit chance on the same hero that "it would massivly hurt shard balance"?

or have you abandoned that and are now saying we shouldn't because heroes are strong enough?

Atm shards are balanced around limited usability so yes itd do both *** over shard balance and make the allready op heros even more op. Atm you have to make a decision as to what shard you prefer( Via limited usability ) idk why in the world youd think thats a bad thing

I just wanted you to give some examples of the balance being massively hurt since your first post is a bit lacking.  And the others, too, if I'm being honest.  Being able to equip pole smash, hero crit, and construction doesn't really serve your point very well lol..

I literally don't have an opinion on this since I haven't thought it through (besides quadrupling a shard) and thought you could jump start me on it, idk why it seems like you're taking this personally.  Just give some solid examples

My first thought was the stacking shards issue... If we can do that we would break the game lol. Could you imagine stacking 5x crit snipe shards? 100% chance to do 5mil+ snipes with C5 gear lol. And I imagine it'd be kinda hard to work the system to keep us from stacking while still letting us put shards where ever.

It'd be nice to be able to... But I really don't think the current limit is that harsh. Although I wouldn't argue against a third weapon/helmet slot lol.

And as far as heroes being too strong... Too many people complained about using towers to clear content... So Trendy took away a good hunk of power from towers and gave them to heroes... Clearing the next tier of chaos currently comes down to 60% work by the hero, 30% work by the super buffed wall HP, and 10% towers clearing the trash mobs, and weakening the big guys.

yeah stacking shards is totally off the table

I can't come up with reasons against just having 10 generic hero shard slots instead of 2 for helmet, 2 for weap, etc etc.  Yeah, we'd get some power from not having to 'waste' a slot on w/e you're putting in boots or 2nd shard in gloves for most heroes but idk.. doesn't scream op at a glance

Maybe I need to get in-game and take a look at my shards but idk what I'd even do on AL to take advantage of this besides additional mana regen stuff... but that'd be basically totally superfluous lol

@Pachipachio quote:

yeah stacking shards is totally off the table

I can't come up with reasons against just having 10 generic hero shard slots instead of 2 for helmet, 2 for weap, etc etc.  Yeah, we'd get some power from not having to 'waste' a slot on w/e you're putting in boots or 2nd shard in gloves for most heroes but idk.. doesn't scream op at a glance

Maybe I need to get in-game and take a look at my shards but idk what I'd even do on AL to take advantage of this besides additional mana regen stuff... but that'd be basically totally superfluous lol

Im notsure if your new to DD or trolling or some mix, ive explaned once before but i will do it again. Imagin a monk dps with 0 slot specific shard lets just name a few thatd very likely be used. Haunting, radiant power,  harbinger smash, power pole, crit chance, over whelm life leec.thats not 1 not 2 but 5 weapon shards pretty much every hero would have equiped( Only switching harbinger and power pole based on thier class)  as they are massively strong, which would get this ruin dps build divercety. As atm you can build support dps (radiant pwer and that resist remover one) Tank dps( life leech and and haunting/Overwelm) build raw power( Class shard for dmg and haunting or any other dps shards ) do you see now why this is a bad idea? People wouldent select shards based on what fits where for thier build theyd just pick what was most OP  as it can fit everywhere

Wow, communicating with you is so difficult

No, I'm not new to DD2

No, you didn't explain ANYTHING before, lol, quit pretending you're doing it "again".  Crit, pole smash, and construction shards all being on gloves was your example when I asked for you to expand on your post about how OP's idea would "massivly" break balance

Quit your petty little arrogance by pretending like I'm demanding they remove shard requirements.  I never said that, I just asked for you to give some examples and you keep on sperging out here

Great, you gave me 5 weapon shards in an attempt to prove that they would be OP in combination (why the two others though? that doesn't make sense in your argument... just further obfuscates your post amidst already difficult-to-read spelling/formatting),

Haunting is garbage, 2.5x ability power every 10 attacks is nothing.  Every class's ability scaling goes way, way higher than that.  This wont make you OP, it's a negligible difference.  With my C5 AL's gear I'm at about 13k AP and let's just assume you're attacking non-stop at the fastest rate in the game, 4/s.  That's just an additional 1x AP damage/s.  13k dmg/s at a difficulty where my right click does 9x AP damage and fires at 4/s for about 450k dps ignoring crits.  

Radiance was literally just nerfed to 6%... I don't have this shard to see if it's actually 6% or not, since the 30% version people were commenting was way more than 30%.  But if it's 6% it's negligible

Harbinger smash... I assume you mean Smashing Fists?  Regular pole smash scales at 50x AP.  Harbinger smash adds 6.4x to that, or 12.8% damage.  Ok, it's decent.  I don't have the pole smash +40% shard to check if it augments the harbinger smash, but I assume it doesn't.  But with that shard on this harbinger smash shard is just a 9.1% increase in pole smash damage.  Not bad, for sure

Life leech, 1% health steal a second isn't that grand.  It's pretty dope on squire when you're blocking 90% damage (I assume base rate is 50% since that's what it was pre-patch) but other than that, meh.  It's not a big deal

Onslaught, cool, the shard everyone uses on weapon because there isn't anything else to put on while sundering is glitched 

So, I assume you'd stick these on your monk alongside the crit and pole smash shards.  Go ahead and pick 3 more shards - show me how OP you can really get.  I bet I can build a monk with current shard limitations that would be better than yours if all you can think of doing is mashing together haunting, radiance, life leech, smashing fists, and onslaught

Still don't see how removing the slot requirements would break shard balance

@Pachipachio quote:

Wow, communicating with you is so difficult

No, I'm not new to DD2

No, you didn't explain ANYTHING before, lol, quit pretending you're doing it "again".  Crit, pole smash, and construction shards all being on gloves was your example when I asked for you to expand on your post about how OP's idea would "massivly" break balance

Quit your petty little arrogance by pretending like I'm demanding they remove shard requirements.  I never said that, I just asked for you to give some examples and you keep on sperging out here

Great, you gave me 5 weapon shards in an attempt to prove that they would be OP in combination (why the two others though? that doesn't make sense in your argument... just further obfuscates your post amidst already difficult-to-read spelling/formatting),

Haunting is garbage, 2.5x ability power every 10 attacks is nothing.  Every class's ability scaling goes way, way higher than that.  This wont make you OP, it's a negligible difference.  With my C5 AL's gear I'm at about 13k AP and let's just assume you're attacking non-stop at the fastest rate in the game, 4/s.  That's just an additional 1x AP damage/s.  13k dmg/s at a difficulty where my right click does 9x AP damage and fires at 4/s for about 450k dps ignoring crits.  

Radiance was literally just nerfed to 6%... I don't have this shard to see if it's actually 6% or not, since the 30% version people were commenting was way more than 30%.  But if it's 6% it's negligible

Harbinger smash... I assume you mean Smashing Fists?  Regular pole smash scales at 50x AP.  Harbinger smash adds 6.4x to that, or 12.8% damage.  Ok, it's decent.  I don't have the pole smash +40% shard to check if it augments the harbinger smash, but I assume it doesn't.  But with that shard on this harbinger smash shard is just a 9.1% increase in pole smash damage.  Not bad, for sure

Life leech, 1% health steal a second isn't that grand.  It's pretty dope on squire when you're blocking 90% damage (I assume base rate is 50% since that's what it was pre-patch) but other than that, meh.  It's not a big deal

Onslaught, cool, the shard everyone uses on weapon because there isn't anything else to put on while sundering is glitched 

So, I assume you'd stick these on your monk alongside the crit and pole smash shards.  Go ahead and pick 3 more shards - show me how OP you can really get.  I bet I can build a monk with current shard limitations that would be better than yours if all you can think of doing is mashing together haunting, radiance, life leech, smashing fists, and onslaught

Still don't see how removing the slot requirements would break shard balance

First of all im typing from a ps4 so my typing will be rather bad CBA to start my pc , also iether you misread my post on those gloves or you missed the point and need it explaned again the point of limited shard placement prevents build "unifying" struggle to find the right word there. Meaning builds can be varied without allways being real similar. Like  tank dryads now stronger than ever thanks too trials but with out the shard restriction every driad could be a tank driad without sacrificing much if any thing at all leading to builds being more similar which is undoubtably a bad thing.

Like lets say you had 2 shards one doing 100% hp bonus the other doing 100% hero dmg that go to the same slot  with only the ability to chose 1 itd come down to preference. But lets say you had the same 2  shards but could put them anywhere, you wouldent chose on preference as then you could replace stats you benefit less from, like 400 move speed on your boots for the 100% hero dmg as its just straight better,less of this numbers based chosing can happen when shards are slot limited making balance relative instead of global. Thats how this would ruin shard balance.

Still dont know all the shards by heart i will admit, so i have little doubt a no restrictions build could be stronger.

You know as well as i do what happens in the dd2 comunity when something can be exploited it will be. (i am referencing mostly old toxic shock huntress) so opening room for possibly hundreds of exploiable shard combos when the games allready bug riddled seems like a bad idea 

3 other side things i want to mention though have little to do with shard restriction

1. Radience adds alot more than 6%of your hero dmg still even on my weaker monk with a 3k dmg weapon(And no other source of hero dmg) it adds thousands (2-3k) of dmg to my flame towers per hit.

2.The point of adding haunting was for if you do ever run out of or low on mana, i know its rare with channel and superconductor(Think thats what its called) but better safe than sorry.

3. Fastest attack rate is 8/s on an apprentice staff called armegedon i believe

Ok, I fully understand your point that restrictions, like the gear slot restriction we're talking about, CAN lead to interesting decision making.  Don't reiterate that point w/o using real examples and let's try and keep the discussion in the realm of actual game mechanics, instead of making up shards that support one side of the argument.  Help me out here, you mentioned dryads and that they are good tanks in trails but if the restriction were lifted they would all build the same.  What interesting decisions do dryads face now, specifically, and w/o the restriction what 10 shards would beat out every other shard?

I'm not convinced that the current shard system has interesting decision-making, and whether or not removing the restriction wouldn't increase the amount of interesting decision making.  

I think I've got a handle on all of the shards and their respective gear slots.  I'm not really seeing any multiplicative functions in the shards so idk what could cause exploits when 3+ shards of one slot are combined but not 2

But try and really come up with how this would be broken.  I can't.  Sure, it adds some power... but I really haven't come up with any reason as to why this would be either 1) broken, or 2) would pigeon-hole everyone into the same build.  In fact, I'm coming up with a bunch of different AL builds for different scenarios.. where as with the gear slot restriction to shards there's really only 1 set to use.  The only decision making is sacrificing bulk (damage reduction/armor) for mana management/cooldown reduction.  That's not really interesting... either you're surviving the content and don't need the bulk or you need it

I'm pretty sure you've just overestimated how strong shards are.  Especially if you were referencing things like haunting :X

@Pachipachio quote:

Ok, I fully understand your point that restrictions, like the gear slot restriction we're talking about, CAN lead to interesting decision making.  Don't reiterate that point w/o using real examples and let's try and keep the discussion in the realm of actual game mechanics, instead of making up shards that support one side of the argument.  Help me out here, you mentioned dryads and that they are good tanks in trails but if the restriction were lifted they would all build the same.  What interesting decisions do dryads face now, specifically, and w/o the restriction what 10 shards would beat out every other shard?

I'm not convinced that the current shard system has interesting decision-making, and whether or not removing the restriction wouldn't increase the amount of interesting decision making.  

I think I've got a handle on all of the shards and their respective gear slots.  I'm not really seeing any multiplicative functions in the shards so idk what could cause exploits when 3+ shards of one slot are combined but not 2

But try and really come up with how this would be broken.  I can't.  Sure, it adds some power... but I really haven't come up with any reason as to why this would be either 1) broken, or 2) would pigeon-hole everyone into the same build.  In fact, I'm coming up with a bunch of different AL builds for different scenarios.. where as with the gear slot restriction to shards there's really only 1 set to use.  The only decision making is sacrificing bulk (damage reduction/armor) for mana management/cooldown reduction.  That's not really interesting... either you're surviving the content and don't need the bulk or you need it

I'm pretty sure you've just overestimated how strong shards are.  Especially if you were referencing things like haunting :X

Man i CBA for a full reply your so arrogently sure of your self you dont even read what others say half the time, the reason its interesting i is because its limited inoder to be a dryad tank you sacrifice another glove shard(i think its glovess)which locks out the ability to use other gloves  shards not just sais it ok you can just get it else leading to you needing to think about your shard pick instead of just selecting 10 shards you like 

I'm not sure of myself!  That's what I've been saying! 

It might feel like I'm sure of myself because I keep asking you to be specific and you keep having this conversation in the hypothetical realm which is worthless imo.  I'm reading everything you're saying, I promise

Like the gloves thing.  You think it's the gloves?  And you're just telling me that it's an interesting choice because choosing the tank shard sacrifices another glove shard?  Leading to think about your shard choice...?  I'm just supposed to believe you?

What shards, man, please be specific :(  If we just make up some shards like you did above, double hero damage, or double hero health kind of shards (huge, game changing shards) for every slot then ok... I see how this could be an issue

But it's just not.  No class afaik has competitive shards for their glove slots besides maybe monk wanting crit, chi blast damage, and pole smash damage.  It's always hero crit + the respective 40% damage+ or, for most classes, just the pre-patch storm gloves passive which is meh enough to consider construction over it for the slot, lol.  The decision making currently, for like... every class? Is practically made for you because of the restriction on gear slots.  

If you actually theorycraft some shard builds for classes with the current restriction it isn't obvious that removing the restriction would hurt decision-making or hurt balance (to me, anyway).  If it was easy, like you've kind of been pretending it is since your first post, you could probably give me a better example than "maybe dryad has like 3 good glove shards and you have to strategically choose between the 3?"

Believe me, I haven't taken a stance on this because ofc I don't play every single hero as DPS and do not have intimate experiences building their shard loadouts and maybe there are shards atm out there I haven't seen.  I'm more than open to anybody coming in here and sharing some shard loadouts that currently have thought-provoking decision-making or even some loadouts that would be broken-OP w/o the restriction or heroes that would have nearly 10 must-have shards rendering decision-making basically nonexistent if we were to remove the slot restriction

@Pachipachio quote:

I'm not sure of myself!  That's what I've been saying! 

It might feel like I'm sure of myself because I keep asking you to be specific and you keep having this conversation in the hypothetical realm which is worthless imo.  I'm reading everything you're saying, I promise

Like the gloves thing.  You think it's the gloves?  And you're just telling me that it's an interesting choice because choosing the tank shard sacrifices another glove shard?  Leading to think about your shard choice...?  I'm just supposed to believe you?

What shards, man, please be specific :(  If we just make up some shards like you did above, double hero damage, or double hero health kind of shards (huge, game changing shards) for every slot then ok... I see how this could be an issue

But it's just not.  No class afaik has competitive shards for their glove slots besides maybe monk wanting crit, chi blast damage, and pole smash damage.  It's always hero crit + the respective 40% damage+ or, for most classes, just the pre-patch storm gloves passive which is meh enough to consider construction over it for the slot, lol.  The decision making currently, for like... every class? Is practically made for you because of the restriction on gear slots.  

If you actually theorycraft some shard builds for classes with the current restriction it isn't obvious that removing the restriction would hurt decision-making or hurt balance (to me, anyway).  If it was easy, like you've kind of been pretending it is since your first post, you could probably give me a better example than "maybe dryad has like 3 good glove shards and you have to strategically choose between the 3?"

Believe me, I haven't taken a stance on this because ofc I don't play every single hero as DPS and do not have intimate experiences building their shard loadouts and maybe there are shards atm out there I haven't seen.  I'm more than open to anybody coming in here and sharing some shard loadouts that currently have thought-provoking decision-making or even some loadouts that would be broken-OP w/o the restriction or heroes that would have nearly 10 must-have shards rendering decision-making basically nonexistent if we were to remove the slot restriction

What your  trying to say is because  1 person CBA to list out a broken 10 set for you it dosent exist which you know is crap, also that "hypothetical" dryad shard is very real and called corruptions bargain  its a chest shard but the example  still stands. Also i know you dont know all the shards if you think only the monk has variety, mage alone as  i think 3 worth while class specific glove shards including mana bomb dmg volley dmg and likely more im not aware of as i dont know every shard yet. Almost every class has worthwhile class specific shards you need to decide between. As alot of the nuetral shards are strong aswell.

@Slauter24 quote:
@Pachipachio quote:

-snip-

What your  trying to say is because  1 person CBA to list out a broken 10 set for you it dosent exist which you know is crap, also that "hypothetical" dryad shard is very real and called corruptions bargain  its a chest shard but the example  still stands. Also i know you dont know all the shards if you think only the monk has variety, mage alone as  i think 3 worth while class specific glove shards including mana bomb dmg volley dmg and likely more im not aware of as i dont know every shard yet. Almost every class has worthwhile class specific shards you need to decide between. As alot of the nuetral shards are strong aswell.

That's not how debate works. He made the statement that he doesn't know a 10-shard combo that will break the game, and you're trying to say such a combo exists without proving it exists. You can't do that and expect to be taken seriously.

The burden of proof rests with the prosecution. The defense doesn't have to prove anything because their point stands so long as no one can prove them otherwise.

No, it's not crap?  Making decisions based on evidence is literally what we should be doing.  If you can't come up with evidence for X idea then yeah.. it kind of doesn't 'exist'.

You're still giving all these "I think, I think" and nothing concrete, idk why you're satisfied with just writing off the idea when you have basically nothing better than rumors to support either side

Ok, so the shard you were trying to describe as a glove shard is in fact a chest shard... lol, come on man >_> you're not even trying to figure this out.  And the shard you're referencing is.. eh, what interesting choice does the dyrad have to make because of that shard?  Wouldn't they just go armor with -1 cost in purification form always?  

That shard you're mentioning is trash afaik.  The way I see it, is it's just a trap shard that removes any kind of resource management for the dyrad that never goes into purification form

And you're wrong about mage, the volley shard is for weapon, not gloves but I'm away from game atm to make sure.  Mage is pretty much always going to get mana bomb + crit on gloves unless they go for a hero damage build instead of AP.  It's brainless

I saw someone mention weapon shards. Just to be absolutely clear: I'm talking about allowing us to slot ARMOUR SHARDS into any slot. For example:

Instead of having movement speed on boots, I could have them on gloves (If I chose).

Weapon shards & Relic shards should stay as is.

Moreover, depending on the hero, some slots are utterly useless whilst others seem to be focused entirely on chest pieces or whatever. Again here's an example:

Dryad has 2 great and really useful shards, they're not op but they just help manage mana costs. Both of these go into the chest slot. Which is ***ing stupid! As a melee class I NEED that 40% armour shard too.

Allowing us to chose which slot armor shards are put in would not make things op or ruin balance especially considering the utter BS nerf fest that's going on

@Pachipachio quote:

No, it's not crap?  Making decisions based on evidence is literally what we should be doing.  If you can't come up with evidence for X idea then yeah.. it kind of doesn't 'exist'.

You're still giving all these "I think, I think" and nothing concrete, idk why you're satisfied with just writing off the idea when you have basically nothing better than rumors to support either side

Ok, so the shard you were trying to describe as a glove shard is in fact a chest shard... lol, come on man >_> you're not even trying to figure this out.  And the shard you're referencing is.. eh, what interesting choice does the dyrad have to make because of that shard?  Wouldn't they just go armor with -1 cost in purification form always?  

That shard you're mentioning is trash afaik.  The way I see it, is it's just a trap shard that removes any kind of resource management for the dyrad that never goes into purification form

And you're wrong about mage, the volley shard is for weapon, not gloves but I'm away from game atm to make sure.  Mage is pretty much always going to get mana bomb + crit on gloves unless they go for a hero damage build instead of AP.  It's brainle

I will give it 1 last try but i believe you will deny anything as evidence aslong as it dosent fit your rhetoric. 

If you have 3+ shards for the same slot you have to make a decision as too which you want and not be able to use the rest that makes the decision have weight, removing that weight devalues choices made significantly.

Now to respond to the other points you attempted to make 

1. It being a chest shard(corruptions bargain ) dosent even remotely change the example as chest shards include superconductor, bulwark, power gambit, all ok or good shards which youd need to pick 2 out of and lose the others

2. "And you're wrong about mage, the volley shard is for weapon, not gloves but I'm away from game atm to make sure." just double checked and your right there there are 2 volley shard for staffs swore 1 was gloves. Also love that in

3. You got the forms wrong on dryads pure forms the base form not the dmg one letting her self heal alot and have a real strong defence

4. You keep saying i use "i think" too much but thats literally the same reason your using too defend, you think it wont cause a probmlem you think an OP build wont exist but havent done anything to back your claim.

5. Know what world of warcraft WOLK borderlands2 and diablo3 all have in common? Low weight on the decisions people make when it comes to skills and abilitys leading to every class having a build( If you are lucky thier may be a second but thats rare). These builds miles above the rest that are the only builds that get used as using other builds is like gimping yourself. We have seen it here in dd2 with PDTs and will happen again in gear form if the shard restriction  is  removed, bloody blizzard couldent do it what makes you think trendy is better at making games than blizzard.

Dont get me wrong trendy is a good dev team but blizards what 5k times larger with more experience and couldent prevent cookie-cutter builds in a low weight system. 

@Slauter24 quote:blablablablabla tl;dr*9000

Why are you crying and losing so much sleep over this??? It's a coop game, not a competative one.

and your point on cookie cutter builds is kinda moot. Trendy have nerfed everything ever into the ground so ***ing hard and left like 2-3 things untouched: Flame turrets, PDT's & Ramsters.

It's not even a case of cookie cutting right now because NOTHING ELSE IS VIABLE

@Slauter24 quote:

1. It being a chest shard(corruptions bargain ) dosent even remotely change the example

no, it does because time and time again you keep getting things wrong and it isn't real nice trying to get to the bottom of this with you if I keep having to piece together what you're trying to say

@Slauter24 quote:

If you have 3+ shards for the same slot you have to make a decision as too which you want and not be able to use the rest that makes the decision have weight, removing that weight devalues choices made significantly.

Yeah, and the only decision ever being made is something dumb like -1 resource cost on dryad's number 1 ability (yeah, I got purification's and corruption's names mixed up, but w/e).  Not a big deal, like I said

Best I've come up with is AL being finally able to use power overwhelming by stacking all of the mana regen and cost reduction stuff on all the other slots.  That's not crazy.  And currently most of those shards are just dead weight with the storm mana regen helmet shard 

Or a melee build with >60% crit rate utilizing all of the on-hit effects, but that's really dependent on how crit works on them

@Slauter24 quote:

4. You keep saying i use "i think" too much but thats literally the same reason your using too defend, you think it wont cause a probmlem you think an OP build wont exist but havent done anything to back your claim.

Can't prove a negative

And I've done a lot.  I've been correcting your mistakes and actually posting the functionality of the shards you think are broken, like lolhaunting

Am I supposed to go through every single combination of 10 shards?  Just give one good reason

Realistically though, every time you've tried to come up with a reason it's a colossal failure.  Either you don't know exactly how much impact the shard has or you flat out don't know what slot the shard is for

pls someone else come in here and let's try and theorycraft some reasons as to why this would be a bad idea