The grind is Borderline stupid

@Sena quote:

@Fozzie quote:

The grind needs a few things amending

The shard distribution over Chaos Tiers

Shards for only Tier x should drop when you play Tier x, if you want shards from lower tiers, you can play that tier.

Gold drops need to at least double and sell value for loot need to increase by a factor of 5, with upgraded gear reflecting the fact they have been upgraded by returning say 50% for the upgrade cost.

Assassins self healing needs a tweak down IMO.

^ this is the lazy type i was referring too which ruined a big part of the game industry (jrpg's for example), because western people complained about grinding.

[[126862,users]] and a big f|_|ck you too calling me lazy. Go sit on your monk polearm a few times and swivel.

@Fozzie quote:

@Sena quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Shards for only Tier x should drop when you play Tier x, if you want shards from lower tiers, you can play that tier.

Gold drops need to at least double and sell value for loot need to increase by a factor of 5, with upgraded gear reflecting the fact they have been upgraded by returning say 50% for the upgrade cost.

^ this is the lazy type i was referring too which ruined a big part of the game industry (jrpg's for example), because western people complained about grinding.

Sena and a big f|_|ck you too calling me lazy. Go sit on your monk polearm a few times and swivel.

thank you :D well if they would do what you want, everyone would stop playing the game after 3-4 days, because there would be nothing left to do.

so a big no no :D and sadly it's true :P

@Sena quote:

@Fozzie quote:

@Sena quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Sena and a big f|_|ck you too calling me lazy. Go sit on your monk polearm a few times and swivel.

thank you :D well if they would do what you want, everyone would stop playing the game after 3-4 days, because there would be nothing left to do.

so a big no no :D and sadly it's true :P

First off, drop the hostilities, both of you. They help noone.

Secondly, this is an issue of balance. Make progression too much of a grind and people will leave from becoming discouraged and/or annoyed. Make progress too easy and people leave after running out of goals.

And, ultimately, one person's idea of perfect balance will differ from another's, so Trendy has the wonderful job of trying to find what works for enough people to make and keep the game profitable.

So please calm down and realize that the solution likely resides somewhere other than any one of our preferred balance states.

If you don't agree with someone's balance solutions, I suggest offering a compromise or thinking about how Trendy might accommodate both of you. Or, if you can't find anything constructive to contribute to the discussion someone is looking to have, just state your opinion on the current state of things and move on. If you can't do any of that without resorting to insults, please just don't say anything at all.

@Sena quote:

"Everyone"?  I think you have a highly inflated opinion of the averate player.  It's been three weeks since the trials update and I'm only now making the transition from chaos 2 to chaos 3.  And usually when I look at any kind of official statistic about the games I play I'm way above average.  Average players are those who can't beat chaos 2 even after someone carried them on chaos 3 and got them some gear.  They're more likely to quit out of frustration because the game is too hard than because they have nothing to do.  The people who have already beaten chaos 5 are a small minority, but they also happen to be a very active minority, so they tend to be overrepresented on the forums.

@tdb quote:
The people who have already beaten chaos 5 are a small minority, but they also happen to be a very active minority, so they tend to be overrepresented on the forums.

i thought the average player is in c2 farming c3 going up to c3 and without c3 items not clearing c2.

well if you'd get so much money back, then you'd be in money overflow and could progress way to fast through content just getting a new piece, maxing it. getting a huge boost, upgrading next piece, maxing it and boom you reached max tier of chaos x. do that for 2 days and you'd be in c5.

ofc only if the player is good enough. it'll be just a lot of free ressources.