Sign in to follow this  
Gilad

Old Player

Hi guys. Can you tell me on what stats I should focus on each of my heroes? I know that on mage is tower dmg and tower rate. What about summoner?  Traper, aura monk, eve buff and squire?

Thanks

-  huntress mostly benefits from all 4 stats, but this is heavily based on how you like to play/use traps.  For the most part, gas are most commonly used and therefore would benefit most from range and rate.  

-  aura monks, I personally like 3k HP, 2500 rate, and 3k range, with as much damage as you can get.  In my experience, some people will prefer lower health or higher rate, or higher / lower range.. I also think monks depend on how you like to play, but there is more of a suggested milestone for Monks than huntress.

-  Eve, Personally I just throw my best leftover set on beams because scaling for eve is just awful after 1500-2000 stats.  However you will see increased scaling in-game, so if you have extra gear and want to use it, every point will benefit you.  Since a very high portion of towers will be buffed, all of the sides are useful on an eve, but I think almost everyone would say damage and HP are good to focus on.  If you use your eve for walls, HP will be the most useful.  Otherwise, I would suggest sticking with points in damage.

- squire, damage and rate.  damage, and rate.  I guess some people use squire towers in places where they can be hit and therefore would take health over rate in some cases.  I think there is a guide somewhere that suggest health over rate.  If your towers go down too fast, just throw more points in health, but if they survive long periods, I would go rate.

- summoner, damage and HP.  rate and range softcap at really low stats.  If you like tanky walls go hp>damage. If you just want fast wave times, go damage>HP.

That's my take on those listed above, anyway.  I have no hard data for you, other than just experience and some information from reading guides in the past.  I think the above opinions should be considered into your personal play style and/or favorite maps and adjusted accordingly.

@Gilad quote:

Hi guys. Can you tell me on what stats I should focus on each of my heroes? I know that on mage is tower dmg and tower rate. What about summoner?  Traper, aura monk, eve buff and squire?

Thanks

Would be nice to know your stat range.

Huntress:

Hp: depends on personal preference, higher the better but in general dmg + range is more important. I'd say 2k+ is enough for all campaigns even if you use proxy spam builds, higher allows you to go lazy on repairs.

Rate: scaling is pathetic at 2.5k+ and increment feels like a waste.

Range: if you're below 2k your trapper is not a trapper :) I'd recommend 2.5k minimum. Scaling is nice until ~3.5k above that you get diminishing returns.

Damage: no limit. Not a priority until your hp is below 2k though. (damaging traps are not useful if they can't survive a full wave)

Monk:

HP: personal preference again, if you're above 2k it's the least important stat on monk imho.

Range: scaling softcap is ~2.2k above that you get diminishing returns. Big bubbles are nice and higher the better ofc.

Rate: i'm the odd person who prefers high rate and my rate is roughly equal or higher than range :) It's a double edged sword, with higher rate your auras go down faster. On the other hand you get more dps on electric auras.

Damage: no limit.

EV:

I wrote long rants about EV stat scaling, it's pretty much nonexistent at 2k+ no matter which stat you're looking at. Still no one made a clear argument on how having a ~0.03 higher multiplier has any significant effect on gameplay so until that happens i'll keep saying get 2k in all then don't bother anymore :)

Sure your walls get more hp and your stuff deals more damage and even rate has an effect on dps output but EV stats are something you should only bother with if you a) have tons of extra gear or b) really bored

Squire:

Since the LT buff the importance of squire faded sadly.

Rate: 2nd most important stat

Range: caps at ~1k (and your harps will still shoot through the whole map)

Hp: depends on the setups you use, if you pull them back behind the minion walls it's not important but if you use them at the frontline you need ~2k hp. Squire towers are tanky and have great hp scaling so that's enough for everything you want to use harpoons for.

Damage: no limit

Summoner:

Hp: 2nd most important stat, everyone has different taste but in general you want it to be as high as you can. With high enough hp you can skip using mages on most maps and use the free MU for more archers. I'd say the minimum is flexible and depends on your dmg, up until the 5-5.5k range keep it maximum 1k lower than your dmg. (yes when I see someone with 6k+ dmg and 3k-ish hp I laugh and call them retarded)

Rate: caps ~1.4k (I don't know the exact number but 95% you'll put minions on buff beams so if you're a bit short it wont matter anyway)

Range: same as rate, I don't know exactly but it's not more than 1.5k :)

@UncrownedData quote:

-  huntress mostly benefits from all 4 stats, but this is heavily based on how you like to play/use traps.  For the most part, gas are most commonly used and therefore would benefit most from range and rate.  

-  aura monks, I personally like 3k HP, 2500 rate, and 3k range, with as much damage as you can get.  In my experience, some people will prefer lower health or higher rate, or higher / lower range.. I also think monks depend on how you like to play, but there is more of a suggested milestone for Monks than huntress.

-  Eve, Personally I just throw my best leftover set on beams because scaling for eve is just awful after 1500-2000 stats.  However you will see increased scaling in-game, so if you have extra gear and want to use it, every point will benefit you.  Since a very high portion of towers will be buffed, all of the sides are useful on an eve, but I think almost everyone would say damage and HP are good to focus on.  If you use your eve for walls, HP will be the most useful.  Otherwise, I would suggest sticking with points in damage.

- squire, damage and rate.  damage, and rate.  I guess some people use squire towers in places where they can be hit and therefore would take health over rate in some cases.  I think there is a guide somewhere that suggest health over rate.  If your towers go down too fast, just throw more points in health, but if they survive long periods, I would go rate.

- summoner, damage and HP.  rate and range softcap at really low stats.  If you like tanky walls go hp>damage. If you just want fast wave times, go damage>HP.

That's my take on those listed above, anyway.  I have no hard data for you, other than just experience and some information from reading guides in the past.  I think the above opinions should be considered into your personal play style and/or favorite maps and adjusted accordingly.

You need health more than rate for gas traps.  If you use damage traps, 2:1:1:1 dmg:sides is good.  Otherwise I'd go for health and range, with rate as a side.

HP is usually the best stat for EV even if you don't use walls because it reduces damage taken by your minions/towers noticeably, and damage has a really small effect.  I put damage second.

Summoner rate does not soft cap at a low stat.  I wouldn't recommend people neglect rate, since it helps with how often minions can interrupt djinn unsummoning and sharken charges, as well as with overall DPS.

@Pjtor quote:

@Gilad quote:

Thanks

Would be nice to know your stat range.

Huntress:

Hp: depends on personal preference, higher the better but in general dmg + range is more important. I'd say 2k+ is enough for all campaigns even if you use proxy spam builds, higher allows you to go lazy on repairs.

Rate: scaling is pathetic at 2.5k+ and increment feels like a waste.

Range: if you're below 2k your trapper is not a trapper :) I'd recommend 2.5k minimum. Scaling is nice until ~3.5k above that you get diminishing returns.

Damage: no limit. Not a priority until your hp is below 2k though. (damaging traps are not useful if they can't survive a full wave)

Monk:

HP: personal preference again, if you're above 2k it's the least important stat on monk imho.

Range: scaling softcap is ~2.2k above that you get diminishing returns. Big bubbles are nice and higher the better ofc.

Rate: i'm the odd person who prefers high rate and my rate is roughly equal or higher than range :) It's a double edged sword, with higher rate your auras go down faster. On the other hand you get more dps on electric auras.

Damage: no limit.

EV:

I wrote long rants about EV stat scaling, it's pretty much nonexistent at 2k+ no matter which stat you're looking at. Still no one made a clear argument on how having a ~0.03 higher multiplier has any significant effect on gameplay so until that happens i'll keep saying get 2k in all then don't bother anymore :)

Sure your walls get more hp and your stuff deals more damage and even rate has an effect on dps output but EV stats are something you should only bother with if you a) have tons of extra gear or b) really bored

Squire:

Since the LT buff the importance of squire faded sadly.

Rate: 2nd most important stat

Range: caps at ~1k (and your harps will still shoot through the whole map)

Hp: depends on the setups you use, if you pull them back behind the minion walls it's not important but if you use them at the frontline you need ~2k hp. Squire towers are tanky and have great hp scaling so that's enough for everything you want to use harpoons for.

Summoner:

Hp: 2nd most important stat, everyone has different taste but in general you want it to be as high as you can. With high enough hp you can skip using mages on most maps and use the free MU for more archers. I'd say the minimum is flexible and depends on your dmg, up until the 5-5.5k range keep it maximum 1k lower than your dmg. (yes when I see someone with 6k+ dmg and 3k-ish hp I laugh and call them retarded)

Rate: caps ~1.4k (I don't know the exact number but 95% you'll put minions on buff beams so if you're a bit short it wont matter anyway)

Range: same as rate, I don't know exactly but it's not more than 1.5k :)

So i need to rebuild my summoner. He has 2.6k TH and 4.7k TDmg :( Thanks for that guys. And one more question for now. How you count capped ToT? When it have 700 in stats?

I think most of the time when someone says cap on a ToT, they mean 700.  You might see it referred to as a 'soft cap' or maybe more commonly 'upgrade cap'.  They can spawn up to 800 in stats if you are lucky ( I just learned a bit about ToTs today, actually)

@Plane quote:

You need health more than rate for gas traps.  If you use damage traps, 2:1:1:1 dmg:sides is good.  Otherwise I'd go for health and range, with rate as a side.

Does health determine gas duration?  This page would suggest otherwise: http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Traps  

Note:: By "Stun duration", I assumed gas trap duration, since this page is huntress specific, and no other trap stuns to my knowledge.

Although, if you click the link for tower health, the information on that page contradicts the previous page.  If health does determine gas duration instead of tower damage, then health/range should be your go to stats.  Up until 5 minutes ago, I thought rate determined gas duration.

@Pjtor quote:

Summoner:

At your stat range, I agree with Pjtor for your summoner. For later builds, I personally would say a 6.5 k to 3k or 4k health would be fine as opposed to 6k : 5k. But I also don't mind using mages, and if you want to use MU for more archers, a 6k : 5k ratio may serve better.  

I personally run 6.5k : 3.5k on my summoner, and I have no problems.  The only time this needs respeced is embermount.  I wouldn't consider myself stupid for running this ratio, but everyone has their preference.  I think it would help to know what type of game modes the OP is trying to build for, as this might affect how you prioritize your builders.

@UncrownedData quote:Does health determine gas duration? 

Yes

1613 health - 55.07 seconds effective duration

2413 health - 62.08 seconds effective duration

3213 health - 67.60 seconds effective duration

4198 health - 73.21 seconds effective duration

Oh forgot the most important part about the whole stat breakdown: there is no "right way" of playing this game. If we have different opinions about something it doesn't necessarily mean one of us is wrong :)

There are some basic guidelines dictated by game mechanism but other than that you're free to do what you think is best.

@Pjtor quote:

Oh forgot the most important part about the whole stat breakdown: there is no "right way" of playing this game. If we have different opinions about something it doesn't necessarily mean one of us is wrong :)

There are some basic guidelines dictated by game mechanism but other than that you're free to do what you think is best.

Totally agree.  The most important part is to make sure you have fun.

something ppl seem to have omitted, for basic things mana is more functional as a currency than in the past because we vastly increased the bank and sell limits.