Sign in to follow this  
Pekinho

Best barricade

Between just those two? Both.

Walls are probably the best balanced thing in the game atm. Barricades are cheap, easy to use, and do plenty of work, making them solid all around. They DO have a slightly aggro issue lately though, so sometimes mobs just walk around them.

Skeletal Orc's have the same HP, a little more damage (as well as a slight knock back), and cost a little more DU. They physically block close to the same area, but thanks to their 360 degree aim, SLIGHT range, and slightly better aggro, they tend to close up big holes a lot better.

It is easy to make an argument to use either in different situations, so I recommend picking the one that sounds most appealing to you.

Orcs with active Abyslord are amazing ;).. Direct command is probably one of the hardest hitting abilities there is ;) well atleast against Ogres and some of the other bosses just let them get to the walls Direct command the Orcs and it just rips em to shreds

Imo squire blockade all the way, but, if you reach ultra lategame and get alot of ascension you can play bruiser orc, with a totem, vampiric empowerement, Electric fingers ( The Aoe thing that do dmg depending on the DH) and let say, defense rate, i'm not playing them but i can get some 100K dps ( quite more with Direct command, let say about 1m dps ?) and 3m health, but if you get that much ascension you surely just need to play with PDT all the way and thats it, thats why i dont use it

@Bidru quote:

Imo squire blockade all the way, but, if you reach ultra lategame and get alot of ascension you can play bruiser orc, with a totem, vampiric empowerement, Electric fingers ( The Aoe thing that do dmg depending on the DH) and let say, defense rate, i'm not playing them but i can get some 100K dps ( quite more with Direct command, let say about 1m dps ?) and 3m health, but if you get that much ascension you surely just need to play with PDT all the way and thats it, thats why i dont use it

Im only 183 Ascension [DH],DP,DS Orcs Fort,Shielding Guard,Destruction.. with Direct command my Orcs hit 600k cleans up bosses in seconds ;).. i found electric fingers to be totally useless 30% chance to add like 20k damage.. VE beats it outright...

Edit.actually hits a little harder then i thought

71YU7rX.jpg

I have not used orcs, as I only play original 4.

I find Spike Blockades fantastic because of the stun shard, simply back into them and every blockade is now anti assassin CC. This means you can play any hero and in public everyone has access to a way of breaking their stunlock. This is super useful if you, like me play with non projectile towers (I use Auras). Sharpened spikes combo'ed with Explosive guard makes for a great AOE approach to handling mass assassins it it requires very little hero damage to kill them off completely.

in addition to this they are great to hard block lanes for berserker orcs, as they are great at finding gaps between other narrower blockades.

Health wise, they may seem a little low with low ascension and a poor totem, but with higher ascension they are more then enough. My Blockades have 3.1mil at rank one with a purple totem, I am expecting 3.5 or so when I get a legendary.

Skeletal Orcs are slightly better (higher damage, higher HP, and work great with Direct Command) but cost 1/3 more DU. So Skeletal Orcs are a better choice if you have the DU to spare. If you don't have extra DU lying around, then Viper's Fangs is probably the best blockade. If you don't have Mystic then Spike Blockade.

Bloackades are easiest to block lanes from Berserkers and prevent spillage.  Back in DD1 the formula was if you couldn't fit between gaps then mobs couldn't.  In DD2 that isn't the case, they are able to slip through gaps you can't fit through and you can't feasibly use multiple orc blockades, it gets too expensive.

With the right shards, skeletal orc with dark command is pretty nice when you get a boss on the wall, but defenses can drop bosses efficiently enough.

Dryad's tree seems pretty nice too, it doesn't attack but give buffs and heal to heroes.

@Atz quote:

Dryad's tree seems pretty nice too, it doesn't attack but give buffs and heal to heroes.

The World Tree is pretty bad. It's the only blockade that has no form of CC or damage (and all blockades that attack can equip a stun shard for CC), it has lower aggro than other blockades, and it takes up less space so it takes more of them to block off a path, and still has the same Health scaling as other blockades that take up more space, cost the same DU, and have CC.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Atz quote:

The World Tree is pretty bad. It's the only blockade that has no form of CC or damage (and all blockades that attack can equip a stun shard for CC), it has lower aggro than other blockades, and it takes up less space so it takes more of them to block off a path, and still has the same Health scaling as other blockades that take up more space, cost the same DU, and have CC.

wait  the stun shard works on other walls besides blockade? What about Training dummies, how are they? does the stun shard work with them?  

@h4te quote:

wait  the stun shard works on other walls besides blockade? What about Training dummies, how are they? does the stun shard work with them?  

if you are talking about the shard Sharpened spikes (stun shard) then that only works on squire blockades.

@Zimmermann quote:

@h4te quote:

if you are talking about the shard Sharpened spikes (stun shard) then that only works on squire blockades.

Strange thing is the shard is labelled as "All" instead of just for the Squire.  That's probably an accident.

It works when the blockade attacks... not all barricades attack. On top of it, the apprentice barricade 'attacks' based on how much of its hp it has lost. This is why you get mixed or no results from the sharpened spikes shard. The trees don't attack and the apprentice walls only attack when they take 25% of their hp in damage. The others have an actual attack rate you can see when you hit 'e' on them. ^^

@Zimmermann quote:
@h4te quote:

The shard says "All" not "Squire" and it uses the generic term "Blockade". I've been using it on my Skeletal Orcs and they stun.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Zimmermann quote:
@h4te quote:

The shard says "All" not "Squire" and it uses the generic term "Blockade". I've been using it on my Skeletal Orcs and they stun.

oh very interesting, I really didn't read it vary carefully. out of interest what is the maximum attack rate (no attackspeed shard) you can get on a Orc? is it also capped at 0.75s?

I like the mancer's maw walls cause they cover more ground and I stopped counting how many times those annoying lady orcs have passed through my spike walls as if there was nothing.   :/

Plus the petrify ability works on bosses.

I like the lavamancer Maw too. The problem i find with them sometimes is sizing. Sometimes you can replace two normal 30 DU walls with a maw but sometimes you need to overlap because 1 maw isn't enough but 2 is too much.  Then you basically lose DU.

Petrify is a nice effect.

The mystic wall is nice as well but depending on your tower setup, it might be annoying that they constantly have 10 guys in the air.

About the only wall i don't like is the Dryad tree. i felt that its main benefit was the cost and when Trendy removed it, it was no longer worth using.

@Murb quote:

I like the lavamancer Maw too. The problem i find with them sometimes is sizing. Sometimes you can replace two normal 30 DU walls with a maw but sometimes you need to overlap because 1 maw isn't enough but 2 is too much.  Then you basically lose DU.

Petrify is a nice effect.

The mystic wall is nice as well but depending on your tower setup, it might be annoying that they constantly have 10 guys in the air.

About the only wall i don't like is the Dryad tree. i felt that its main benefit was the cost and when Trendy removed it, it was no longer worth using.

I like maws... But with all the stats they removed from upgrading them, even with reduced DU cost reduction, all the nerfs they got in trials update makes it hard for me to use them. All the bosses have more tenacity (ogres have a stupid amount more...) so they don't affect them as much, which was their main appeal to me. Their attack speed got GUTTED. Its base attack speed is more than 2x what it was, and its cap is now higher than its old base attack speed, and no longer gets better with upgrades... Base CC duration went down... and it scales probably the worst with attack speed of any tower in the game, despite that being its most valuable stat.

I don't think they are even remotely viable unless you have the shards and C5 gear for them sadly.

@Zimmermann quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

oh very interesting, I really didn't read it vary carefully. out of interest what is the maximum attack rate (no attackspeed shard) you can get on a Orc? is it also capped at 0.75s?

I do not know if there is a cap on its attack speed, but it cannot achieve 0.75s attack rate, at least not with a Totem. I assume you'd want to use a Totem with speed as a secondary stat, and not an Orb with Health.

With a max value 60/60 upgraded C5 Totem with Attack Speed and 20 points in Defense Speed Ascension, that would give the Skeletal Orc 1.12s attack rate. An Attack Rate shard would bring that down to 0.84s I think. But I don't have C5 gear, or an Attack Rate shard, so I cant check that out myself.

But you can use Direct Command to temporarily increase its attack speed. I think if you're using it as a blockade to stun you'd for sure want Fortification, and Sharpened Spikes, and in the 3rd shard slot either Attack Rate if you don't play an active Abyss Lord, or Berserk Master if you do to extend the duration of Direct Command.

I just threw on a crappy C3 Orb that has 3574 Defense Speed (a C5 Totem can get 4,803 DS). With my crappy Orb and no Attack Rate shard my Skeletal Orcs have 1.33s attack rate, and when I Direct Command them it drops down to 0.66s.