Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[Event] The Rising Fire

Just getting back into DD1 here, and it seems my timing couldn't have been too much better!! This would be my first event, so I'm definitely cited to be able to join!

Community Events are always a glorious moment in history. Can't wait!

I will heed the words of Zeus in Altered Beast, and I shall, "WISE FWOM MY GWAVE."

(tried to post a meme picture of it; didn't work. after three tries. Gave up.

Saving my energy for this weekend!)

@ShinUkyo quote:

Community Events are always a glorious moment in history. Can't wait!

I will heed the words of Zeus in Altered Beast, and I shall, "WISE FWOM MY GWAVE."

(tried to post a meme picture of it; didn't work. after three tries. Gave up.

Saving my energy for this weekend!)

Welcome back ShinUkyo

Here is the map link for all those who want to give the map a go before the event. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883293844

Got till wave 17 solo time ran out on the Demon Boss wave, did beat it eventually, but fun map! :D
Would love a tad bit more increased time... like 5-10mins more. Wasted a lot of time moving around from corner to corner on some waves that spawned 2 crystals, even with boost-fans it takes some time!

There is a possible bug with the textures of the Fireballs when they hit the floor it just shows Black Boxes, making it hard to see through the flames.

Fun map overall! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Can't wait for the event! :D

@Moose Overlord quote:

I've been looking around and so far I haven't found a lobby for the event. Is there a signup sheet somewhere I should have seen?

Join this group's Group Chat -- http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PcCommunityEventsGroup

Unfortunately membership on that group is by Invite only, which IMO is pretty stupid and needs to be changed. You can either have a friend who in in that group invite you or ask one of the admins/mods on the group to invite you to it. I mentioned about making the group public so new people can join it and be notified about events once they go live, but it fell on deaf ears. Don't understand what is the issue in keeping people out from the group... 

Anyways, ramblings aside -- join the group chat, that is public. Then follow these steps:

1. This is the current event map -- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883293844
  2. Download the map and test it out(in OPEN MODE) once whether it works for you or not. Then restart the game and go into OPEN MODE(but don't load into any map/lobby) and wait for a host to call you up if they have a spot free. Hosts can be identified by a silver or golden star besides their name in the members list.
  3. If you don't have good enough gear, then you can use this mod to gear up as it is allowed officially -- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572136953 
  4. If you need to level up on Open, use this mod -- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=82616644
  5. If you need Mana on Open, use this mod -- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=82222401

@Black Mamba quote:
Unfortunately membership on that group is by Invite only, which IMO is pretty stupid and needs to be changed. You can either have a friend who in in that group invite you or ask one of the admins/mods on the group to invite you to it. I mentioned about making the group public so new people can join it and be notified about events once they go live, but it fell on deaf ears. Don't understand what is the issue in keeping people out from the group...

I am getting older but not deaf yet. :). I don't remember you directly asking me or the team before but the issue is still the same today as it has been. We do not have an active admin in the group with permissions to change it to public.  So we are working with what we have at the moment. 

@Black Mamba quote:2. Download the map and test it out(in OPEN MODE) once whether it works for you or not. Then restart the game and go into OPEN MODE(but       don't load into any map/lobby) and wait for a host to call you up if they have a spot free. Hosts can be identified by a silver or golden star              besides their name in the members list. 

Can someone please elaborate on this?  Is it just first come first serve when a host is open?  Or how do we put our name on the waiting list?  I might have missed it, but I don't see any info on the original post.  

@UncrownedData quote:

@Black Mamba quote:2. Download the map and test it out(in OPEN MODE) once whether it works for you or not. Then restart the game and go into OPEN MODE(but       don't load into any map/lobby) and wait for a host to call you up if they have a spot free. Hosts can be identified by a silver or golden star              besides their name in the members list. 

Can someone please elaborate on this?  Is it just first come first serve when a host is open?  Or how do we put our name on the waiting list?  I might have missed it, but I don't see any info on the original post.  

You just jump in chat when you are ready and let the hosts know. They will tell you if they have a spot available. Or ou can join up with others to make a team and then let the host know you have a full team. 

I had a lot of fun running this event!  A big thanks to all those who created and ran it!  Fun times.

Hello

Will you be posting the list of participants? Sorry if i missed itr already but as we are seeing pieces being auctioned already...

Thx

Mkjo