Sign in to follow this  
krsans78

Assassins stun lock and their dmg to crystal has got to go!

Just did a littlehorn valley run on c5. From wave 4 the assassins pretty much had me in a stun lock. Doesn't really matter because my build can hold it without mid-wave repair (on solo). So I noticed that the assassins kept ganging up on me big time (more than usual). It felt like all of them were on me at the same time. I was wearing my draco at the moment, and relying on my bubble walls to free me. Big mistake! I was stun locked for 80% of the fight. I killed a few of them in the beginning of wave 5, but then they kept jumping on me and my AL heal wasn't enough to keep me up. I was stunned probably for more than a minute. I died, and the assassins were on me the moment I left the spawn pad. Unfortunately I was running past the crystal to get to the other lane, and BOOM! The crystal exploded from the cleave dmg from the assassins.

Can you please fix this along with the lady orc ignoring walls? Kthxbye! :)

come on man, don't fight assassins next to the crystal... thats like people complaining rollers destroy there defenses when they stand on them... I get it can be a WTF moment when it happens first, but live and learn :)

I even thought it was possibly a bug, then was assured it was intended (which makes perfect sense), and I am now wondering how I even came to that conclusion in the first place now lol

CC lock is a problem, but not entirely in the way you are describing. Its a problem because it requies stuns in all lanes, and that is not realistic for all builds. However with that said, thats only an issue if you use underpowered defenses without stuns and you have low ascension. 

If you play with powerful defenses, you can deal with stunlock with 1 geyser and 1 pet, and that is not even the best way.

Now again with all that said regarding the stun lock, I think it should and could be improved. I would suggest an ICD at the end of each stun so another assassin cannot stun you for maybe 2 seconds. I think they also need to hit harder and have more health to counter this. They should be a BIG problem, but the CC is a boring at best and really infuriating at worst mechanic. Getting caught on the wrong hero... what a massively annoying situation.

@Zimmermann quote:

come on man, don't fight assassins next to the crystal... thats like people complaining rollers destroy there defenses when they stand on them...

What has to stop is players complaining when they are the ones at fault.

CC lock is a problem, but not entirely in the way you are describing. Its a problem because it requies stuns in all lanes, and that is not realistic for all builds. However with that said, thats only an issue if you use underpowered defenses without stuns and you have low ascension. 

If you play with powerful defenses, you can deal with stunlock with 1 geyser and 1 pet, and that is not even the best way.

Now again with all that said regarding the stun lock, I think it should and could be improved. I would suggest an ICD at the end of each stun so another assassin cannot stun you for maybe 2 seconds. I think they also need to hit harder and have more health to counter this. They should be a BIG problem, but the CC is a boring at best and really infuriating at worst mechanic. Getting caught on the wrong hero... what a massively annoying situation.

Who said I was fighting the assassins next to crystal. I simply spawned in, ran past the crystal, and boom! The assassins were on me the moment I moved, and it look like 2 seconds from I spawned till the crystal died.

Now, I admit I didn't word my first post all that well. I did a few runs with some friends of mine in c5. We had a blast, and each of us can dps and hold our own. We didn't really need anything else but the walls to get ninjas off. However, it feels like it's the same amount of ninjas in a solo game as it is in a team game. In the team play, there were enough of us to feel like I could move around a little bit and repair etc without being stun locked all the time. In solo play, the problem is much worse. Sure, if you just stay near your frosty or similar, you wont get stun locked, but the moment you move out of range of your safe zone, you will.

@krsans78 quote:

Who said I was fighting the assassins next to crystal. I simply spawned in, ran past the crystal, and boom! The assassins were on me the moment I moved, and it look like 2 seconds from I spawned till the crystal died.

Wait the assassin killed your core while you were still CCed? if that happened thats annoying, but I think I know why. On later waves assassins all try and CC you at once, but only one gets the CC the others spawn around you without CCing and just start cleaving you. This is both good and bad, bad if you are next to defenses/core... (for obvious reasons) good if you have a stun pet or geyser etc as you can finish them all off as a group.

I assume you had 1 assassin on your back, and another attacking you regularly? either way, I avoid cores like the plague for both reasons.

ps. don't rely on frosties they will be getting nerfed soon. the insta freeze is a bug.

@Zimmermann quote:

@krsans78 quote:

Wait the assassin killed your core while you were still CCed? if that happened thats annoying, but I think I know why. On later waves assassins all try and CC you at once, but only one gets the CC the others spawn around you without CCing and just start cleaving you. This is both good and bad, bad if you are next to defenses/core... (for obvious reasons) good if you have a stun pet or geyser etc as you can finish them all off as a group.

I assume you had 1 assassin on your back, and another attacking you regularly? either way, I avoid cores like the plague for both reasons.

ps. don't rely on frosties they will be getting nerfed soon. the insta freeze is a bug.

Yep, thats what happened. They were waiting in line to bang me up good... So as I jumped off the spawning pad, I got too close to the crystal as one ninja was on my back and the others were swarming me and cleaving like crazy.

dont run past the Crystal. it happened 1 time for me when i didnt know that they cleave. well i was on wave 5 and nearly done and boom the assas appeared and insta cleaved the core alongside with me. i learned it the hard way as well but i mean you wont do such a stupid mistake twice. i messed it up big time and learned from it. just do it as well. ah and we can do some C5 together again ^^ i mean you are in discord as well just message me.

@Zimmermann quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Iv had them stun lock me by jumping off and all my abilities including repair are disabled until another jumps on...

whats your anti assassin strategy?

Happens a lot for me when playing Abyss lord.

Mostly stunning them with number 2 ability. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Iv had them stun lock me by jumping off and all my abilities including repair are disabled until another jumps on...

If you guys use cannon ball stuns or spike blockade stun you will never have a problem again with an assassin stun locking you.

@Zimmermann quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

If you guys use cannon ball stuns or spike blockade stun you will never have a problem again with an assassin stun locking you.

Its not stun locking, its a bug. 

The assassin goes off you but you are still stunned until the next one comes or you have to suicide. 

These threads. im capable of beating C5 with a gunwitch that has 45k hp. she has no heal to throw down in advance like abysslord or a stun to spam so assas get instastunned when they hug you and still i made it.

if they silence you just run around you get a max of 25k dmg (and i even receive 20% more dmg thx to power Gambit) and if you just stand there you get around 40k dmg (thats with 20% more dmg inc). when the silence is gone my Sands are kicking in and i can simply kill them and reg my life and w8 on top of a sandsnake till the next wave of assassins Comes. since they are all hugging me and i stand on top of a sandsnake there is absolutly no range required for this tactic.

if i can do that with one hell of a squishy character where is the Problem? if you survive the initial onslaught you just kill them. if you are an abysslord you can do it with alot less hp since you got the healfountain and spammable stun under you. if you are a dps hero (non meele) you can do it with 45k hp easily. meeles/tanks have an easier time due to their increased survivability.

just use a bit of hp gear and you have no Problems at all with no char. i made it with app, Monk, abysslord, gunwitch and EV2. i didnt test the rest. still plenty of Options.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Its not stun locking, its a bug. 

The assassin goes off you but you are still stunned until the next one comes or you have to suicide. 

ohhh you mean that bug, sorry now I understand. switching heroes works to reset but yeah its a massive pain in the arse i agree.

Bubbles , Sparkles and AL ability 2 lol.   Not enough gear for a 2nd character yet.  hopfully fixed my towers can clear but still makes me nervous if a flyer comes near.

@Zimmermann quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote: