Sign in to follow this  
SupraSaiyan

When do you transition over to Chaos II?

I haven't been playing much other than doing the daily quests.  Just got done playing Horizon Zero Dawn, so I've got more time on my hands.

I'm ascension level 24 with nm4 relics and maxed standard runes: crit damage/crit chance/%tower damage increase.  I can't seem to beat wave 5 of chaos II.  My flamethrowers always seems to get one shot by bosses (and seem to be bugged when trying to attack purple crystal guys while they're tunneled).  Maybe I shouldn't be using TD/CD/DS rune and go for Tower HP?

I have all the characters except abyssal lord.

At what ascension level did you start to be able to reliably beat Chaos II?  I'm currently mainly using flame towers, while experimenting between mystic and lavamancer walls.

Surprising. my NM gear had me doin C3.   If your using Flame towers you gotta work on placement alot more now unless you have a range sphere.  Enemies don't agro like they used to so as long as you don't stuff your tower's right in front of the enemy they will ussally ignore it.  The game has also become alot more Hero Oriented, IMO. So get your ability power up and that should assist with killing off everything.  I believe I was using my squire's laser sword abilite and it was clearing lanes that didnt have shields. Also use that frost tower it does wonders.

Ic.... I think it's kind of inconvenient that it costs to reset ascension abilities.  It deters from experimentation.  Now that you mention frost towers, they were my favorite before endgame patch.  I haven't been using them because I've been investing in range for flame towers.

I don't remember about ascension level, but my gear was at the chaos 1 cap so way lower than yours.

Place flamethrowers on the sides of the lane if possible, a little distance forward from the wall so they won't get hit by boss or kobold AoE.  Using a relic with defense health on it is a good idea for any tower that's not behind the wall.  Investing too much into the range gambit too early may be a bad idea because it eats into your defense power.  IIRC flamethrower doesn't get the full benefit of the range anyway.

C3 is actually easier than C2 after 19.4 imo.  Cyborks are more problematic than Vanguard or Geodes when you don't have Deadly Strikes and can't max out the gambit range.  You can basically put a fair number of weapon manufacturer nodes along the lanes (now that Siege wont destroy them) and most things wont make it to your walls.

With low ascension level and no deadly strikes, it is hard to get a good enough range on your towers to make them worthwhile.  Once you get the weapon manufacturer extra node shard, it makes the DU per node more reasonable, the WM is quite expensive when you use 1, 2 or 3 nodes due to the high initial cost, but when it's spread over 7 nodes it's not too bad.