Sign in to follow this  
jbaisden

Yet another one of those threads

So I'm a husband and father and work full time. Not unusual by any stretch. I also love this game and just haven't had much time to spend. I'm only ascension lvl 15 atm. I will finally have time to play as my wife and girl go out of town a trip. Im looking forward to it and will likely splurge just to buy the clesses i dont yet own: dryad, mystic, abyss lord, and lava mancer. 

I'm thinking about just taking this crew through the campaign and lvling them while learning how they play. 

Still, the grind to get all the mandatory shards that i know awaits me at the end is annoying. While the update solved the builder/dpser issue, it did not help the RNG aspect. It feels like chopping off an arm only to make us work to earn it back. 

So i guess I'm just imploring Trendy to do something here about the range and other mandatory shards for progression. If you dont want us having them until chaos3+ then lock it out of chaos 1 and chaos 2. But for playersto grind so long for only one or two?

Thats sounding less and less fun to me. Guess I'll just see what happens. 

You don't need to min max to beat C5.

Have fun with the new heroes they will all give you hours of fun. None of the shards are a must have you can use the gambits to get range. Some of course do help a lot but don't restrict your fun by thinking you can't play the game without shard this or that.

If you have fun playing Campaign, C1 and C2 it's still fun no one  says you have to beat C5 by day X

Gave up c1 farming for range and vampiric at alvl 45, which with my timetable (similar to yours) was just shy of a week.
My advice to you is, don't farm c1 at all. get a decent gear and move on. You don't need perfect gear and shards to move up a tier.

@Sogron quote:

Gave up c1 farming for range and vampiric at alvl 45, which with my timetable (similar to yours) was just shy of a week.
My advice to you is, don't farm c1 at all. get a decent gear and move on. You don't need perfect gear and shards to move up a tier.

Sogron is definitely right on this one, already ascension 75 and gave up on Range shards to farm gear on C3 after redesigning defenses. 

The game is fun for the most part, play from campaign to C1 and make that your end goal. This game is definitely more enjoyable over a long period of time whenever you have a chance to play a few waves or two. 

I went ahead and bought the remaining unowned classes. I went through the whole campaign and got them to 50, needing to repeat a stage only once to get the total xp needed. I'm thinking/planning/writting a post about my experience. Short version: the loot system is actually pretty damn good. I think the issue is just the gap in the max attainable loot values pre-chaos compared to chaos.