Sign in to follow this  
Nickstor

Legendary trash

Hello, Developers and Defenders!

What is the purpose of legendary items with 15, 30 and 45 upgrade levels? Frustration and annoyance? What do you feel when you obtain legendary trash as a reward?

I will prefer more rare, but ideal legendary loot with maximum upgrade levels (because one of the main purposes - perfect equipment). And for other situations, mythic items are usable (same number of slots).

Quality over quantity. I want to feel legendary loot as truly legendary!

Legendary loot right now feels like it's in a better place compared to Pre Trials. It's not dropping like candy anymore which is good. 

Personally not a fan of the idea that Legendary loot should only drop with maximum upgrade levels.  Upgrade levels are one of the RNG elements that you have to get lucky with and if it only has 30 or 45 upgrade levels then it's not completely trash, it just won't be the maximum you can get and can use it as a temporary upgrade however maybe remove it's ability to drop at 15 upgrade levels.

this really sucks, legendaries already very rare

in chaos 5 I get one like every 10 games (cause some of the games I lose)

when you find a legendary its either "YAY PERFECT STATS! oh wait its 15 upgrades =\" 

or "YAY 60 UPGRADES! oh wait the stats suck :("

What's the rush to get perfect gear? We're only a little over two weeks into the update. If people got the best gear from the start, there'd be continuous requests for better gear and higher difficulties. The fact that it's so rare makes it all the sweeter when you get it and gives you something to grind for in the long-run as opposed to just ascension levels. I do, however, agree that Legendaries should not roll with 15 upgrades as they should be different than Mythicals in some way than just slightly higher stats.

@Sn/+/per quote:

What's the rush to get perfect gear? We're only a little over two weeks into the update. If people got the best gear from the start, there'd be continuous requests for better gear and higher difficulties. The fact that it's so rare makes it all the sweeter when you get it and gives you something to grind for in the long-run as opposed to just ascension levels. I do, however, agree that Legendaries should not roll with 15 upgrades as they should be different than Mythicals in some way than just slightly higher stats.

it depends if trendy want many players to reach max gear sometime or just those who play 12 hours a day..

Argick

Upgrade levels are one of the RNG elements that you have to get lucky with and if it only has 30 or 45 upgrade levels then it's not completely trash, it just won't be the maximum you can get and can use it as a temporary upgrade however maybe remove it's ability to drop at 15 upgrade levels.

Mythic items are just slightly worse than legendary (especially for gear with 15-45 upgrade levels).

@Sn/+/per

What's the rush to get perfect gear? We're only a little over two weeks into the update. If people got the best gear from the start, there'd be continuous requests for better gear and higher difficulties. 

I said "more rare, but ideal legendary loot with maximum upgrade levels", so it will take the same time to obtain perfect gear (drop rate for "60 Legendaries" will be the same). The chance to obtain items with 15, 30 and 45 upgrade levels can be redirected from legendary to mythic (to fit the concept "truly legendary"). I also agree with another solution:

@Sn/+/per

Legendaries should be different than Mythicals in some way than just slightly higher stats.

Min maxing gear is not so important for the hardcore players as they are in the hundreds as far as ascension which makes gear a moot point.

@Nickstor quote:

I said "more rare, but ideal legendary loot with maximum upgrade levels", so it will take the same time to obtain perfect gear (drop rate for "60 Legendaries" will be the same). The chance to obtain items with 15, 30 and 45 upgrade levels can be redirected from legendary to mythic (to fit the concept "truly legendary").

Tbh, I prefer getting Legendaries with 30 or 45 upgrades levels (and even 15 at times) as they provide similar stats as Mythicals of comparable upgrade levels. Taking them away won't make the 60 upgrade level ones anymore legendary, it will just make it harder to gear up overall.

Legendaries shouldn't really be different in the sense of having different upgrade levels, rather they should have some sort of unique effect on them. Even if the effect isn't so useful, that's what makes Legendaries legendary to me. Sure, it's cool that their effects got turned into shards but I'd still like to receive Legendaries with unique effects. For instance, some boots with faster movement speed would be nice.

I prefer unique powerful items such as "Armored Cleanser Bow" (before nerf), but without separation by attack speed or by upgrade levels (because such items must be very rare, and "composition of random" is unacceptable). I wasted 200+ hours to farm 4/s Armored Cleanser and got no one (very sad experience). So, such items must not be as rare as 4/s Armored Cleanser, but must be more rare than current legendaries with 60 upgrade levels.

Solution:

Add simple additional effects (or something else) for current legendaries, and slightly increase minimum values of their upgrade levels;

AND

Introduce a new rarity, which will follow the ideas, similar to the one i described above (with "Armored Cleanser").