Sign in to follow this  
raiden7447

Idea for a Shard Trade System

Lets say I have 15 or 20 chaos 1 shards that I don't need...I should be able to trade them in for a chaos 1 shard I need. We can use Granny as the interface since she isn't doing anything at the moment. This way, you still have to grind because you need to build up enough shards to trade in for a shard you like. Some shards can require more shards to trade in than others. Maybe the deadly strikes shard will require 30 shards to trade in to get for example. Also, you will have to trade same tiered shards for the one you want...(chaos 1 for chaos 1, chaos 2 for chaos 2 and so forth). This way you can't simply buy shards and you are forced to actually play the game still. However, it also makes it so you can actually obtain elusive shards in a fair amount of time.

Good idea YES!?

ANY idea is better than the actual system, i'm lvl 128 and i'm tired of farming c1 for BASIC shards

I still have no range or barrier shield shards.

@Locutos quote:

ANY idea is better than the actual system, i'm lvl 128 and i'm tired of farming c1 for BASIC shards

I still have no range or barrier shield shards.

Yeah, the sheer amount of shards that they put in at each tier is insane.. I'm all for a grind, but if you have maxed out C5 gear and you're just missing shards from C1 (a VERY common occurrence from what i have seen/heard) then there need to be a way to get that progression.  I feel like the shard system is RNG on top of RNG.

• You have to be able to complete a map, let's say solo for this example, on C1. Not hard whatsoever but if you want to AFK you'll probably need C3 gear, and good stuff at that.
  • There are 80 possible C1 shards you can get according to this spreadsheet. You normally get one random C1 shard and one Campaign shard on completion of a C1 map, with the possibility of getting 2 C1 shards as a rare drop. Let me say that again, 80. Possible. Shards. And as many of us have experienced, it seems as though there are certain shards that are weighted more heavily than others to drop. Maybe this is the RNG salt talking but it definitely  seems that way.
  • Let's say with everything taken into account and made simple, it's a 1/80 drop chance for a specific shard to drop, let's take Deadly Strikes since it's seen as near-essential in C5. At 15 minutes a run (probably an exaggeration, once you get a rhythm going you could probably get it down to 10 minutes a run if you're quick and have high tower DPS.) you're still looking at 20 hours to get a specific shard. Now, that's not a guarantee, just an average. Probability doesn't work that way, some people will get the shard they want on their first run, and some will get it WAY past the drop rate. 

I hope that soon, you get the shards you need, but RNG is RNG sadly.

TL;DR Pray to RNJesus that you get what you want.

@Locutos quote:

Also, shards have no value in gold, so useles shards are REALLY useless

Never realized... When people are currently struggling to get gold... I think we just found an answer.

Also... I really think we just need more shards per run. Instead of 1 campaign shard and 1 (or RARELY 2) chaos shards a run, we really need 2-4 chaos shards per run. Will make RNG a little less brutal for our time investments...

i love the idea but they can do  trading system but only with shards.   players can sale shards for gold or defender coins to other players.   i guess if they do implement your idea it be a lot higher. im guessing like 50-60 X of 1 shard give you range shard. 

@Locutos quote:

Also, shards have no value in gold, so useless shards are REALLY useless

Correct, shards being a chest only drop, should have high gold selling value. I suggest 10K for basic shards, 20K for C1 shards, 30K C2....

I like the idea of taking excess shards that we have and trading them in for one that we do want. The ratio would need to be decided by Trendy but a 20 to 1 ratio seems fair. 

However what I'd like to see is for each Chaos difficulty to have their own shards only. So if you wanted a C1 shard then you go and do C1, C2 for C2 then C3 for C3 and so on where as right now as you advance through the chaos difficulties you are adding more to the pool which is making it harder. 

Or another suggestion would be to add each of the Chaos shard packs to the end of level chest. This would mean at the end of C1 you get a campaign shard pack and a C1 shard pack. Then if you were to finish a C5 map you would get a campaign shard pack, C1 pack, C2 pack, C3 pack, C4 pack and a C5 pack. Although this might be a little extreme. 

Maybe we could get two shard drops, one of the same tier and one of the next lower tier. So on a Chaos 2 map, you would get a C2 and a C1 shard drop, then for C3 maps you get a C3 and C2 shard drop...so on and so forth.