The lack of reliable shard drops and how I think to fix it

First off I'd like to say I'm loving the new update and the most recent patch to deal with the issue of useless defenses already dealt with one of my gripes. However there is another thing I would like to see dealt with and that is the current state of shards. I have been playing tons of C1 tier maps and have yet to find a single deadly strikes shard. I get that you don't want to make them too easy to acquire, but at the same time it's getting a bit irritating that I have gotten so many stun chance shards and not a single deadly strikes. So here is what I offer. Make the Gran-master a vendor that sells shards, but only sells shards of a certain tier if you have completed X number of maps in a certain difficulty tier. For instance if I finish 10 C1 trials I can find something like the power gambit shard. Once I finish 25 C1 trials I can find something like shielding guard shard. Once I get 50 C1 trial wins I can find the really useful ones like deadly strikes shard. As for the campaign shards it's the same concept, but finishing any map on any tier will add progress to it, but have it at a higher win requirement for them.

The shard drop is reliable... it always drops shards from the end chests... d:

Jokes aside, the shard pool is too large atm making it too hard to find what you want. So i agree that it needs some fixing to make it easier to find what you want, but i dont agree with buying what you want even after 1000+ games. The biggest problem i have with this is if you get to where you can buy all the shards then if they add new ones you would be able to just outright buy them instead of having to find them. If they dont make you able to buy them then they would need to add to the number of times played to be able to buy them and put the new shards outside of the power ranking youre talking about and if they do that a few time it will soon be a huge amount of games required before you could buy all shards, making the problem appear again in a new way.

You also have to remember that adding new shards is a way to add to the longevity of the game but that would be removed if you could just buy them instead of having to find them. Just buying shards would also remove the saticfaction of finding a shard you want. There are alot of good suggestions out there for shards and how to make it a bit easier to find what you want.

The two i find i like the most are having shards of heroes not in your current deck not drop when opening them and maybe a reroll, say 3 or 5 shards into one new random shard of same tier as the lowest tier shard used.

Personally i think limiting the pools to c1 only c2 only campaign only etc will help TONS

The shard pool is very large, yet I keep getting the same shards. I'm at A63 right now and luckily got one deadly strike shard. I have never seen a vampiric shard which is needed for higher chaos levels. But, I have 7 drenching strikes and I never played a campaign map. If I play a chaos 1 or 2 map, I shouldn't be getting campaign shards as rewards.

Please keep the campaign shards to the campaign maps.

Okay, so is there a specific reason as to why we can't choose a specific Chaos Trials map? What if there was a pool of shards for each difficulty on each map that was DISPLAYED. Space out all the shards so that every map has at least 2-3 extremely sought after shards and then an assortment of others. There could also be overlap in this so that you wouldn't get bored of farming the same map over and over again but it would also limit your chances down to a certain amount instead of 40+ for C1 overall. 

With the pure volume of shards however it's hard to say what the most viable solution is. You can have more shards drop, but then you would still have complaints and people would feel even more ripped off when after 4 runs of 15 minutes each on C1, they have NOTHING to show for it.

Your idea of the Gran-master supplying shards i support 100%, though what if it was more of a "Store" where you had a rotating stock and you would unlock Slots per difficulty depending on the amount of maps you have successfully completed in that tier like you said. That way you would still have to grind for it but it would be almost guaranteed after a certain amount of time due to how many slots you would have unlocked. 

Im very annoyed at the current drop chance of rare shards. To day i farmed C1 for 10h and didnt get a single deadly or vamp shard. im in full C4 gear so it is really trivial to do. Maybe they should up the drop chance of rare shards the higher u go in chaos. Fx 1% chance to get deadly strike shard on c1 but on c5 it would be 10%.

@raiden7447 quote:

The shard pool is very large, yet I keep getting the same shards. I'm at A63 right now and luckily got one deadly strike shard. I have never seen a vampiric shard which is needed for higher chaos levels. But, I have 7 drenching strikes and I never played a campaign map. If I play a chaos 1 or 2 map, I shouldn't be getting campaign shards as rewards.

Please keep the campaign shards to the campaign maps.

this is a common noob mistake, you get 1 or 2 Chaos Shards from completing Chaos and 1 guaranteed Campaign Shard (that shard has no Number Sign in it, you might have realized that dropping too) that only drops Campaign Shards, there you can get those juicy drenching shards from.

But also from Chaos 1 Shards, thats what i want to say in each post about it, the pool is not too high really, if you only remove the Campaign Shards from Chaos Turns. You can't imagine how often i get Channel from my Chaos V Shard and then another from the Campaign, i don't need them anymore and i'd be ok with it if they remove Campaign Shards from the Chaos Droplist. That would improve the drop of C1 for example by a lot and increase the odds of those special ones dropping like shielding guard and others.

@MiX3R quote:

..., but i dont agree with buying what you want even after 1000+ games. The biggest problem i have with this is if you get to where you can buy all the shards then if they add new ones you would be able to just outright buy them instead of having to find them. If they dont make you able to buy them then they would need to add to the number of times played to be able to buy them and put the new shards outside of the power ranking youre talking about and if they do that a few time it will soon be a huge amount of games required before you could buy all shards, making the problem appear again in a new way. 

say 3 or 5 shards into one new random shard of same tier as the lowest tier shard used.

congratz, you're the first person i can agree upon ! :D but they should really remove campaign shards from chaos x shard droplist...

i would say not "the lowest" but only make it a possibility to merge i'd say 10 of the same Chaos-Grade into a new one. So you don't merge chaos1 chaos2 chaos 5 and get chaos1. More like feed 10 Chaos1 into eachother to get a random chaos1 shard.

@PeeQ quote:

Im very annoyed at the current drop chance of rare shards. To day i farmed C1 for 10h and didnt get a single deadly or vamp shard. im in full C4 gear so it is really trivial to do. Maybe they should up the drop chance of rare shards the higher u go in chaos. Fx 1% chance to get deadly strike shard on c1 but on c5 it would be 10%.

how the f*** do you want to realise that? Have C5 Drop Table only consit of 10 Shards? You mental? :D

The heart of the shard issue is two problems:

1: The shard pool is large and drops are few.

2: At higher tiers the fact that you can also get shards from the lower tiers makes problem 1 hugely worse.

I think the system would be better if the overlap from chaos shards tiers was removed. This fixes problem 2.

To fix problem one, I propose that instead of simply opening a shard, you open up a selection of 3 random shards from that tier. This helps to expand the reach to get more desired shards, whatever they are, and reduce the number of stacking up tons of panic fires.

@Hydrazine quote:

The heart of the shard issue is two problems:

1: The shard pool is large and drops are few.

2: At higher tiers the fact that you can also get shards from the lower tiers makes problem 1 hugely worse.

I think the system would be better if the overlap from chaos shards tiers was removed. This fixes problem 2.

To fix problem one, I propose that instead of simply opening a shard, you open up a selection of 3 random shards from that tier. This helps to expand the reach to get more desired shards, whatever they are, and reduce the number of stacking up tons of panic fires.

yeah i guess, or just remove campaign shards from chaos droplist so you can't get stupid panic fire that nobody wants. that would also reduce the pool of shards that you can obtain, but with your first point it would also be harder to obtain shards when you're progressing, but i'm still up for the idea.

Why not just make them available for purchase via defender medals or some sort of raid currency like you get on the Terraria map?  Right now the stuff you can buy from that vendor is useless, so it may as well be used for something of benefit.

@Vanayr quote:

Why not just make them available for purchase via defender medals or some sort of raid currency like you get on the Terraria map?  Right now the stuff you can buy from that vendor is useless, so it may as well be used for something of benefit.

Completely support a shard currency system. I just figured the random 3 was a more likely option, given that we know Trendy loves that RNG.