Sign in to follow this  
nNightElf

Please share what lvl you get one of these shard from Chaos 1...

196.. i have a range shard but i want more.. 4 VE's 0 Rates. i run a majority of C1's occasionally C4 (4/5 Maps can Solo now.. Throne room still has leaking issues...)

I dont mind it too much... bit of a change once in awhile.. quick medals and a trickle of gold....

Chaos specific drop should actually be specific... The Campaign Shard should roll to anything below the current Chaos level. So if you clear a C4 you Get a C4 Shard the other Shard can be anything from C3 and below.

@h4te quote:

what do  you think the range shard is best used on? 

First an anti-air tower to kill flying kobolds before they bomb your defenses.

Ascension 177 here. Still don't have range, vampiric, or shielding guard. And I have farmed c1 a lot. Missing a few other randoms from c1 too. My play time has slowed a bit after getting angry a few times at the horrible drop rates and having to play the same boring, mostly afk, maps over and over. Also pretty much only got blue drops and chests from c4 for the last week, so the transition to c5 hasn't been easy without those shards, crappy c4 gear, and increased amounts of assassins. Finally saw a legendary drop or two today though. May try c5 again soon. Maybe I'll find my range shard there.

@nNightElf quote:

I'm getting tired of this RNG thing. 
Ascension 71 still no range shard / VE / shielding guard / mana bomb / pole smash... How rare are these shards...

Im 73 and have not gotten a range shard but i have gotten 3 to 4 shielding guard 2 to 3 mana bomb and 3 pole smash in 3 runs and one VE  

Didnt get my Range Shard till 135,  Vampiric I have no idea when.  But I ran about 80 C1s to get that ranged one. gonna start Running C3/4 for the Rate/Flame attack shards.  C3 about 30 times now

Ye lads ***ching 'bout not getting those crappy, useless shards, but the real deal be the infamous Power Gambit - yes, the most broken and elusive fish'o'dem all. Over 150 sails and me still can't get me hands on one of them slippery fish.

Ascension 105 or something.  Still no range shard.  Recently got vampiric empowerment though.

1-2 shards per run would be plenty if some important shards weren't absurdly rare.

And here I am farming C4 afk without ever getting a range shard...why is everyone so goddamned focussed on that thing? Just use EV WM's with frosties on the sides and some barriers and you can literally whistle trough everything.

I'm 318 and still occasionally go to chaos 1, and i think It's great that some of the shards are this rare.  
Gives me a reason to keep on farming.  

@Robolord quote:

why is everyone so goddamned focussed on that thing? Just use EV WM's with frosties on the sides and some barriers and you can literally whistle trough everything.

Range and shard drop rates are for want of a better word, broken, and I think the more these kind of threads are made, the more Trendy is likely to take notice.

Finally I got 1 range shard!!. OMG.. Played 6 hrs straight for this shard. I'm at ascension 90. 
Still finding Shielding guard / Vampire Em.. :( 
PS. Atleast I'm not only one that unlucky then. Thank you for sharing exp with me :D

74 here.. no sight of those shards. I may as well buy lottery ticket on a day I get one of those shards.

@Robolord quote:

And here I am farming C4 afk without ever getting a range shard...why is everyone so goddamned focussed on that thing? Just use EV WM's with frosties on the sides and some barriers and you can literally whistle trough everything.

It could have something to do with not wanting to use WM's and frosties exclusively?

@Valthejean quote:

@Robolord quote:

It could have something to do with not wanting to use WM's and frosties exclusively?

Then dont bother playing chaos at all, the game decides what towers you can use, you dont. Hard counters are still a thing for some weird reason.

@Robolord quote:

@Valthejean quote:

@Robolord quote:

Then dont bother playing chaos at all, the game decides what towers you can use, you dont. Hard counters are still a thing for some weird reason.

Players are allowed to inform Trendy that's a dumb/terrible/bad aspect of the game, you know.

As an aside, the more I play this trials update, the more I just keep seeing Cyborks hammering a bunch of "No fun allowed!" signs everywhere.  Cripes, the game becomes simplistic as hell when you can't place traps or auras in most areas.

@Tiamata quote:

As an aside, the more I play this trials update, the more I just keep seeing Cyborks hammering a bunch of "No fun allowed!" signs everywhere.  Cripes, the game becomes simplistic as hell when you can't place traps or auras in most areas.

F4Id3NW.png

@gigazelle quote:

@Tiamata quote:

F4Id3NW.png

Yep, that's it.  *saves pic*

After farming 200 ascension levels in C1

80 in c4/c5

and about 50 in C3

I have 

1 range shard

5 vampiric

0 rate

1 power transfer

Is it wrong that I now want cosmetics for enemy spawns as well?  Who wouldn't pay to have cyborks run up to us with their no fun signs?

@Tiamata quote:As an aside, the more I play this trials update, the more I just keep seeing Cyborks hammering a bunch of "No fun allowed!" signs everywhere.  Cripes, the game becomes simplistic as hell when you can't place traps or auras in most areas.

I wouldn't have a problem with them if the emp didn't deal damage on top of stunning traps...

Towers aren't even safe behind a wall