how do i play this game now?

okay all my spheres are gone and all the passives are off my gear

so my hearty blockade squire and crit gunwitch no longer function at all

is there some tutorial page that will tell me how this game is supposed to be played now? because i no longer have "builds" on my characters and that was kinda the only thing before...

The game got a soft reset in terms of special effects.

Each tower now has a corresponding slot to which you can equip a RELIC

Your Hero gear is used to determine it's DPS and no longer affects your towers.

You need to farm SHARDS from CHAOS difficulty to readquire the old effects for your gear.

Campaign mode drops ***ty shards, but amidst them you will get tower HP, crit dmg and crit chance shards to drop.

Your NM4 gear is also kinda bugged... And doesn't work right into their system of determining what gear your supposed to get, so you'll have to work around that too lol.

I just came back too. Right now, I'm farming C2 (c3 is too annoying until a few decent shards or ascension levels for me) to get shards/levels. Once I get 3 or 4 destruction and vampiric power shards, I'm going to start doing C3 and replace most of my NM4 gear.

To deal with the NM4 gear bug, most people have recommended using ONE DPS character, give them the best C2 or C3 (if your NM4 gear is good enough, you can start on C3) gear you can find, fill up ALL their slots, and leave them as the only hero in your deck.

Keep upgrading that one persons gear until you find gear that's better than your NM4 stuff, and enjoy the rebuild lol.

so shards still exist in the game to make it playable like it was before everything got removed?

like poison dart tower HP so they can be used as walls, lightning aura on monk so it actually does damage instead of tickle, balista range so it is actually useful...

k

@ram1024 quote:

so shards still exist in the game to make it playable like it was before everything got removed?

like poison dart tower HP so they can be used as walls, lightning aura on monk so it actually does damage instead of tickle, balista range so it is actually useful...

eh, not everything of that, the special effects we had on all the spheres as well as all the special legendary weapon effects are all available again in the form of shards.

for example: the PDT death-explosion from the old toxic shock legendary bow is available as a shard (from C4 i think), but its now based on DP, not DH. and theres basically no use in stacking health on a pdt now, as it would also scale much worse than the actual blockade towers.

that said, the "hearty blockade" stat/bonus does NOT exist anymore, all blockades from all classes now have pretty much the same (very high) DH scaling now, they just differ in their additional effects. The upside is you just need 1 good DH-relic now and a defense health shard to get the best possible walls.

monks lightning aura has been replaced with a fire aura, his "new" lightning aura is now the old lightning strikes aura (if you had the uber sphere) for single targets. Some other towers also got some changes. And tower range is currently an issue again (they dont increase by lvling up), but there are ways to work around it.