Pet shells not being given

Since the major update a couple weeks ago, I haven't gotten any pet shells from my rotted eggs.  The egg disappears but I don't get a shell.

You're way late.  Shellium shards were removed a long time ago, probably more than a year.  Pets are now evolved with the materials from boxes only.

@tdb quote:

You're way late.  Shellium shards were removed a long time ago, probably more than a year.  Pets are now evolved with the materials from boxes only.

I still have a stack of shards, and I just evolved a pet a couple of days ago using them.  None of the boxes list anything except cosmetics.

@Sekai9 quote:
@tdb quote:

I still have a stack of shards, and I just evolved a pet a couple of days ago using them.  None of the boxes list anything except cosmetics.

Whaa??? I had 4 stacks of shards, and they all disappeared when patch 19.0 rolled out. No clue why you still had yours... And even though I had them, I don't think they've been usable for almost a year? What witch craft did you pull?

@xArcAngel quote:

Whaa??? I had 4 stacks of shards, and they all disappeared when patch 19.0 rolled out. No clue why you still had yours... And even though I had them, I don't think they've been usable for almost a year? What witch craft did you pull?

I was away for probably more than a year and just came back a couple weeks ago, that might have something to do with it.  Though I think I misunderstood from chests to mean from cosmetics chests and not normal end of map chests, I see now the upgrades use materials that commonly drop from missions.  Not sure how 10 of my shells were just consumed then, though.

@Sekai9 quote:

Wrong boxes.  I'm talking about the pet boxes that vaguely resemble milk cartons.  There's three types: food, materials and reroll items.  You're confusing them with lockboxes, which look more like chests and require a key to be opened.

I guess it's possible that the shellium shards weren't correctly removed from your inventory (or I've sold mine myself), but evolution definitely doesn't require them.  Can you show a screenshot of the evolution screen where they are listed?