CHAOS 5 ASSASINS are worse after the patch

So im up to chaos 5 after progressing threw chaos 4 and upgrading every thing i possible can,not perfect due to rolls mind you but i do chaos 4 with ease now.

So i have been messing with chaos 5 for about 4 days now before and after the patch. Before the patch i could get to 4/5 most of the time depending on what spawns and what map.

Since the new patch i have been getting 4 to 6 assasins round 1 2 3 i can not compete with getting gang banged by 5 assasins every round.

Running frezze towers and air defense at my camp spot to fight them. but you dont get a chance at all they just get kicked off you and the next one gets on and your basicly perma stunned the entire time till your defenses die or something skips over the bugged broken viper blockades. I have no chance to repair due to being unable to fight back due to the amount of stupid asassins every wave.

That is the only way i would loose chaos 4 was viper blockades bugged and throwing mobs over the wall.

What im trying to say  is you say no more geodes well i never had a problem with those its the assasins gang bang every game that kills me and im sick to death of it. Im yet to find a single projectile tower that does decent dps the huntress is a wasted class and offers nothing at all her pdts are worthless beyond a joke balisters are horrible also no matter how you build them.

Just over it balance you game fix the bugs

Rollers stuck in spawn is pathetic

Minions glitching past defenses are pathetic.

gang bang assasins are pathetic.

Also why in gods green earth do flame turrets not attack assasins.

Fricking retarded if they are inside the radius they should be fair game. 

You have flame towers that dont attack air but weapons manufacture that does? mind boggles really

Assassins are literally the only challenge in c5 anymore and without geodes my PDTs kill them while im stunned, you need more health to survive the stun if you are dying. Also mana bombs and siesmic slams wreck them

I personally recommend 80K health in C5, for a smooth ride, and you need a smooth ride, you be ANGRY, son! Are you sure you are geared for C5? I can be stunned for the entire duration and still know my towers takes care of the mobs, and my walls will halt the rollers untill they are the only thing left for me to kill.

how are u complaining about minions skipping your walls when you use a wall that lifts them into air. you dont just stand stil midair when you jump during running. never had a problem with mobs skipping with squire walls on c5.

Assassins are fine too. just need to think how to deal with them. there are so many possibilities. its sad how people just flame in the forum until they get the answer delivered.

its like the one guy complaining he cant do c5 because assassins are so op. turns out he had 6k hp. 4head

@Swampdonkey quote:

Also why in gods green earth do flame turrets not attack assasins.

Fricking retarded if they are inside the radius they should be fair game. 

You have flame towers that dont attack air but weapons manufacture that does? mind boggles really

Flame towers are not attacking flying enemies at all for me. I am pretty sure it is a bug.

You can either stand in front of your walls, so your regular towers kill them, or make a safe zone by using 1 or more cc tower like mystic wall or huntress geyser. If you lack damage, add a PDT or skyguard to help out.

Grab a gato pet with sparkle party too.

Here is a ezmode setup.

#1 1  mystic wall

#2  1 freeze frosty 

#3 mystic snake thing that drops heal orbs

#4 AP/HH Abyslord spamming abysknight on your self

#5 sparkle party pet

#6 1-2 skyguards

If you cant handle assassins with that stack you deserve to lose. The heal orbs insta full heal you the second an assassin dies and the rest will keep them off you so you can spam abysknight and perma stun/dps it all.

@Samoth quote:

how are u complaining about minions skipping your walls when you use a wall that lifts them into air. you dont just stand stil midair when you jump during running. never had a problem with mobs skipping with squire walls on c5.

Assassins are fine too. just need to think how to deal with them. there are so many possibilities. its sad how people just flame in the forum until they get the answer delivered.

its like the one guy complaining he cant do c5 because assassins are so op. turns out he had 6k hp. 4head

Was that me? 

Here's a hint, my secret way of dealing with those assassins...
it's about the cannon ball and some shards.
good luck :)

C5 is not hard with a decent gear no probleme for that... but  i think we have to much assassins now... its just garbage !  i uderstand people try to start c5 now i think is very hard for them. Now I have a little less desire to play c 5, I find it tiring lol.

@Pegazul quote:

Here is a ezmode setup.

#1 1  mystic wall

#2  1 freeze frosty 

#5 sparkle party pet

#6 1-2 skyguards

If you cant handle assassins with that stack you deserve to lose. The heal orbs insta full heal you the second an assassin dies and the rest will keep them off you so you can spam abysknight and perma stun/dps it all.

I recommend.

@Pegazul quote:

Here is a ezmode setup.

#1 1  mystic wall

#2  1 freeze frosty 

#5 sparkle party pet

#6 1-2 skyguards

i am test this out. before the patch i was able to past C5 with only 30k hp.  now i am getting my ass kick. it extremely hard with the assassins count jump. 

how can people even be complaining about C5 being too difficult :\ its literally a joke how easy it is, especially after the last patch you can just alt tab out of the game and afk the whole run.

Even when i first started C5 without having capping C4 and 19k health it was doable to get to wave 3-4 and those drops add up quickly. if you can't complete C5 now its a problem with your build and not because the map is unfair or too hard.

@FelixJG quote:

how can people even be complaining about C5 being too difficult :\ its literally a joke how easy it is, especially after the last patch you can just alt tab out of the game and afk the whole run.

Even when i first started C5 without having capping C4 and 19k health it was doable to get to wave 3-4 and those drops add up quickly. if you can't complete C5 now its a problem with your build and not because the map is unfair or too hard.

i like to know what build you do that lets you afk with rollers. i have good stats. 100k dps rams. 2.7mil walls . yet im getting my ass kick is due to the 5-10 assassins per round with 2-5mil HP EACH.  i cant go repair or hero dps bosses because i have 4-5 assassins on my ass. 

@123theman123 quote:

@FelixJG quote:

i like to know what build you do that lets you afk with rollers. i have good stats. 100k dps rams. 2.7mil walls . yet im getting my ass kick is due to the 5-10 assassins per round with 2-5mil HP EACH.  i cant go repair or hero dps bosses because i have 4-5 assassins on my ass. 

use flamethrowers not ramsters, 1-2 PDT's focused on the lane you're on to kill assassins, skyguards and frosties

got to look at this from c4 gear point of view

pushing into c5 with max c4 gear was rough around wave 4 or 5 when the assassins hit a high number. permanent silence and spawn camping prevents you from repairing your defenses and killing bosses cause your gear is not good enough that tower solos map. that was still fine though cause you can still gear up slowly farming wave 2-3. 

post patch, however, they buffed the assassin spawns on wave 1 to the amount u normally get on wave 3 previously. for the people transitioning c4 to c5 now, even farming those first few waves for gear is rough as hell.

the assassins definitely feels over-tuned for the first few waves of c5 right now. go wear a full set of c4 gear and shards and try it out.

I kinda like the way the assissins aren't a threat to your health any more, but act like an interrupt. If you aren't planning for them, they will overwhelm you. Even with proper setup you can get interrupted at a very bad moment. I am presuming most people in c5 are using the hp/ap approach.

However, I think they need to fine tune (is that even in the Trendy vocabulary?) the amount of assassins that spawn. It feels a little over the top right now. Maybe decrease it by 7-10%?

@krsans78 quote:

I kinda like the way the assissins aren't a threat to your health any more, but act like an interrupt. If you aren't planning for them, they will overwhelm you. Even with proper setup you can get interrupted at a very bad moment. I am presuming most people in c5 are using the hp/ap approach.

However, I think they need to fine tune (is that even in the Trendy vocabulary?) the amount of assassins that spawn. It feels a little over the top right now. Maybe decrease it by 7-10%?

i agree. they need to be tune in solo.  maybe this

• wave one= 2 assassins
  • wave two= 3 assassins
  • wave three=4 assassins
  • wave four=5 assassins
  • wave five=6-8 assassins

for MP, they should add assassins per player.  so wave 1 with four players will have 6 assassins

OR they can keep the same amount but lower their HP and dmg by 15-25%. 

Frosties no longer instant kill them anymore (which is good). In fact, a lot of the time, frosties will keep targeting them over and over in quick .5 sec bursts, resulting in...well no result lol.
To me, they have always just been an annoying enemy, with a bug that forces you to end your own life or get silenced by another assass before you can use abilities or even repair.
Once again, I have not struggled with C5 whatsoever, but I I find them a nuisance and the way they encourage me to play is pretty lame imo.

I don't know why they nerfed them so that frosties don't freeze them any more.  I was fine with it like that.  Now I spend 90% of the time trying to kill assassins.  Much preferred the old way.  Hasn't really made any difference to the outcome just to what I'm doing during the game.

@Faking quote:

I don't know why they nerfed them so that frosties don't freeze them any more.  I was fine with it like that.  Now I spend 90% of the time trying to kill assassins.  Much preferred the old way.  Hasn't really made any difference to the outcome just to what I'm doing during the game.

Instakill the major threat of the difficulty doesn't seem fair.

Think of Assassins as an additional lane. So that means spend DU on handling them. The only hero that I know that can solo them is Abyss Lord due to his ability to pre-cast stun before they spawn.