Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Patch 19.4 Notes and Discussion

Are we supposed to be attacked by overwhelming amount of assassins starting on wave 1 in chaos 5? I barely finished my first C5 run this morning to get a green chest. Now I can't even pass wave 2 because I can't do anything but fight assassins every wave because there is so many of them >_<

The best thing about what i just read is that youre looking into shard drops and gold drop, as it doeas take forever to get one shard you want, and its very free player unfrienldy to make us upgrade gear with medals.

Still stuck in the Hard>Chaos I gap.

Harbingers is now 100% useless. 
double drop on the boss changes nothing because IT STILL ALWAYS DROPS A HARBINGER'S PORTAL and not even a lvl 50 but a lvl 44 one every time.

On another note after shop getting me decent enuf gear to actually run chaos I wasting all the little gold I had left and will probably never have again I still can't run chaos I because of another bug.

BUG: Monk skyguard turrets don't attack. I've tried on throne HM and for. xroads chaos I, in both the tower just sits there and does nothing

@Chynonm quote:

Still stuck in the Hard>Chaos I gap.

Harbingers is now 100% useless. 
double drop on the boss changes nothing because IT STILL ALWAYS DROPS A HARBINGER'S PORTAL and not even a lvl 50 but a lvl 44 one every time.

On another note after shop getting me decent enuf gear to actually run chaos I wasting all the little gold I had left and will probably never have again I still can't run chaos I because of another bug.

BUG: Monk skyguard turrets don't attack. I've tried on throne HM and for. xroads chaos I, in both the tower just sits there and does nothing

They only attack flying units

Since you guys rebalanced the ghastly halberd and lunar portal, are you going to revisit those others terraria weapons and adjust them as well?

@Slauter24 quote:
@They only attack flying units

They aren't attacking the flying units, why else would I be using them (i let the window controls be destroid in throne).
For now I'm making do with balistas but they aren't as good and are more expensive

So halberds have only 12.7% of their former damage... 1/8th

Don't you think that's quite a bit overkill? Especially the attacks/sec and halberd # are the biggest nerfs, since you used to be able to use them for crowd control, or even anti assassins if you used the stun shard. 

So yeah, the halberd is useless now.

At least make it so they don't disappear, because before this patch, it was worth keeping them up (still annoying), now I just can't bother replacing them anymore every 10 or so seconds.

Same with the construction shard nerf. Serious overkill...

Is this patch in effect? I just now played C5 little Horn Valley and there is no difference.

EDIT:  I downloaded patch manually.

This Chaos is centered around the Berserker Orcs. Berserkers are all about being fast and dealing high damage upon reaching defenses, so using things like stuns and knockups to slow them down are your main counter for this threat.

why no frostys?

frosty towers can pick literally every other enemy. i was wondering before this patch why no berserker and thought this might be some special design decision to let them reach your wall. but since the stun+knockup is intended and they get slowed by sand traps, why no frosty towers?

@iamisom quote:

Chaos II

• Removed Vanguards from Chaos II

Chaos V

• Removed ... Vanguards from Chaos V

Siege Roller No Longer Destroys Traps, Auras and Nodes

Rejoice! The Siege Roller caused players to never build certain defenses out of a certain crushing fear, and we figured that with our Chaos enemies providing enough counterplay, we can remove this.

There's also a bug where more Siege Rollers are spawning than intended. We're looking into a fix for the near future.

Nerfs

• Worm Scarf now properly reduces damage taken, instead of increasing damage taken. We had thought that dying faster was going to provide an advantage on some maps, but it turns out we were horribly, horribly wrong, and we should have realized that players generally don’t want to die faster by equipping expensive shards. ;)

• Goblin melee units had somehow starting equipping themselves with Armor-ignoring cleavers. We’ve discovered their treachery, and have forced them to start using their normal cleavers once again.

Once again, gobu. The might of the legion got CRUSHED. We nearly recovered our glory, gobu to part of our former strength. But no it is not allowed for the legion to grow in strength, gobu.

It is a dark day for us. Again such a dark day, gobu. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

Not pleased once again, gobu.

@mmm quote:

@RasQee quote:

So... yet another week to pause from DD2.

Why? Because you haven't fixed shards and their rarity.

Yes you have made it easier to play C1, C2 and C3 with different types of enemies if you have old NM4 gear and rare required shards. But you still have to GRIND C1 in order to get required shards.

So C1 is basically the same, and you MUST play it to get Deadly Strikes and Vampiric Empowerment.

Nothing significantly changed except wasting 1GB of data.

You dont need it at all, I play c4 easily without those shards

Towers that are viable in C4 are not viable in C5, so that theory is not going to work. You NEED those shards to stand any chance in beating C5. Good luck with 12k dmg flamethrowers with deafult range, or ramster, skyguard or Frosty with base range. It ain't gonna work.

Personally I don't intend to worship RNG gods every time I need to play C1 maps just to be lucky enough and get at least ONE of those shards, let alone play it for a week more until they maybe do something about it.

@Argick quote:

Oh no! My Apprentice got nerfed. Thank you Halberd it was good while it lasted! xD

Chaos maps are going to be interesting now. Wonder what builds people will think of with the new enemy revisions.

Trap trap traps! Emoji_Monk.png

@Chynonm quote:

@Slauter24 quote:
@They only attack flying units

They aren't attacking the flying units, why else would I be using them (i let the window controls be destroid in throne).
For now I'm making do with balistas but they aren't as good and are more expensive

Mine work fine it may just be they do *** dmg because they do

@Slauter24 quote:

Mine work fine it may just be they do *** dmg because they do

(swapped the medalion I used on them for another, since they didn't work)
http://i.imgur.com/wlCGhdS.png

Chaos I trial forgotten ruins wave 4 tower lasted the whole round, with 4 bugz flying around which got taken down by the flamethrower next to it + me it attack twice (flamethrower did almost 1M). Next round I used another one next to it and saw it attack the bugs once and then not attack that same mob for over 7 seconds despite the mob always being in range

http://i.imgur.com/nNlcccP.png

Same map round 5, had that turret there the whole wave didnt shoot once againt 6 bugs I believe(ended up losing due to roller there while i had to fix where the first tower was). Bugs got taken down eventually due to the flame auras+flamethrower that was next to it but got destroyed

My sky towers straight up aren't working since the patch. My setup yesterday for throne room which I could afk on doesn't work cuz on 16 drakes frying to the throne room 3 skytowers did a total of 25k dmg. When the same medalion/setup got all drakes by themselves until the last wave. 

Here are the bug that i got after the new patch :

134283C024674E9641129A042B927C2D2DB6043D

Geods shield spreading to every proton node and reflect node when the shield reach them

473C79B1EF7AECC4B363417E7190854C0F78D135

2 monsters fell off the map passing an invisible wall, so i can't reach them anymore

Hope it can help you to fix them ! =)

Seriously, why are you making something so different than what made Dungeon Defenders so great? In the original it was all about the towers and gearing yourself appropriately. Yes, you had some heroes that were non-tower heroes and they were useful and fun to play with, but the majority of your heroes people used as builders to make amazing defenses. I would use Squire to build Harpoons, Monk for lightning and strength drain auras, huntress for explosive,inferno and gas traps. EV for buff beams and walls, Summoner (which was my favorite, who also had seperate DU, which was amazing) for archers, spiders and mages, Apprentice for magic missle, Lightning and fireball towers. I would literally build a defense with ALL of them, and then watch it work. IF I wanted to kill stuff myself and run around crazy-like slaughtering enemies I would hop on my Jester or Barbarian, normally though I could just sit on my summoner in the top down mode he had (omg I loved that, was so good!) and kept things alive. I just don't understand why you are making the sequel so very different, why are you going away from what made DD1 great?

TL:DR Why make a sequel and not make it in the same style of play as the original? Make a new game if you wanted something different. Sequels should be similar to the original, just updated, with more stuff. Not less...