Can we have relics drop while playing a gun witch, please?

I know the reasoning for a gun witch not having relics in her drop list while she's in your deck (especially if she's the only one in your deck), because she doesn't have towers.  Can we forget that reasoning and just have them drop anyways, please?  I imagine most gun witch players would prefer it that way, regardless of the reasoning.  Maybe in the past when finding good gun witch gear was such an RNG pain that you wouldn't want relics clogging up the pool in some cases, but now with the Trials update the RNG for gear update isn't much because passives are gone so I think most would prefer being able to get more relics.

As someone who plays mainly Gunwitch, I do not support this idea.
If I want to have relics drop, I'll just keep my other 3 builder heroes in my deck.

It's simple as that.

As some one who likes to play gunwitch but much prefers relic drops i agree with OP. I'm stuck playing anything but gunwitch since i really only care about relic drops.

I'd like relics to drop for Gunwitch, too.  You need so many of them now.  At the moment I quickly swap to a different hero before each boss dies...  I'm not sure if it helps, though.

@123theman123 quote:

this does suck, reason i switch to monk but the good thing about it is that you can farm only gear when you are done with relics

Without passives in the game, odds are pretty darn good you'll finish farming your armour/helm/weapon/boots/gloves you need (because most players only need like, one of each) long before your relics (where every player probably needs at least four).

Previously, your odds of getting the optimal set of gunwitch passives on your gear were astronomical, thus a gun witch player might conceivably want to focus on just gun witch gear because you'd probably get a set of relics with the passives you want long before you get a set of gun witch gear with the optimal passives thanks to how low the rate of optimal passives for gun witch were.  Without passives now, however, you only need to have the correct matching stats, of which there are only two randomized stats per DPS gear piece and three randomized ones per relic, and you only need one of each gear piece for the most part while multiple relics are needed.

I agree with the OP 100%...I really enjoy my gunwitch but I cant really play her if I want relic upgrades and as me and my friend found out today..relics 'apparently' count towards the gear gate that they implemented. I mean I enjoy playing my abyss lord don;t get me wrong because he is my other fav hero besides the gunwitch but what I love about the GWis the CC she brings with her abilities...'specially book drop...and her boss killing potential with Ice Needle is all like <3

Guys, the Gunwitch is currently the ONLY way to have somewhat of a decent chance to get a Chaos 5 Legendary armorpiece with 60 ups and the stat combo you're looking for. Since each character needs 4 items, it's already a LOT harder to find a full suit of armor compared to just 1 relic per tower. If you want to farm relics, go play ANY other hero. But Please, let those of us who are after armor have the option to actually have a decent chance of getting it (this also helps yourself). I do not want to come across as arrogant or anything, but if you do agree with the OP, then you do not understand what you're asking for.

@Donaga quote:

Guys, the Gunwitch is currently the ONLY way to have somewhat of a decent chance to get a Chaos 5 Legendary armorpiece with 60 ups and the stat combo you're looking for. Since each character needs 4 items, it's already a LOT harder to find a full suit of armor compared to just 1 relic per tower. If you want to farm relics, go play ANY other hero. But Please, let those of us who are after armor have the option to actually have a decent chance of getting it (this also helps yourself). I do not want to come across as arrogant or anything, but if you do agree with the OP, then you do not understand what you're asking for.

Somewhat of a decent chance?  Honestly I rather doubt that adding relics to the drop pool will affect the drop rate of a legendary armor piece with 60 UPs that much.  At most, it'll dilute the pool by about 20% or so (assuming equal chance for every piece of gear)

And what about those of us who like playing the gun witch but need a legendary relice with  60 UPs that has the stat combo which we are looking for?  Which is a LOT harder to get than the stat combo an armor is looking for since there are three randomized stats per relic than per armor piece.

Also, the idea that a player should switch to gun witch, even if they don't like gun witch, just so they can "have a decent chance of a legendary armor piece" is terrible game design and should not be encouraged.  Why should those who hate the gun witch be forced to play her for a "decent chance of a legendary armor piece with 60 UPs"?  If you have problems with the drop rate of legendary armor pieces, then propose a different solution to Trendy about it rather than encourage Trendy to force everyone to play gun witches if they want "a decent chance for a legendary armor piece" .

Your argument, as it is, is only good for those who "like gun witches and want a 'decent chance' at a legendary armor piece".  It's absolutely horrible for everyone who does NOT like gun witches and want a 'decent chance' at a legendary armor piece as well as everyone who DOES like gun witches but wants relics.   Why should Trendy base that loot drop system around such a narrow subset of people? (especially when the gun witch isn't a starter hero.  So now if people want 'a decent chance' at a legendary armor piece, we should have Trendy tell them to buy gun witches, now?)

Again, if you have issues with the drop rate of a legendary armor piece, you should tell Trendy to up the drop rate, not tell Trendy to have gun witches not drop relics.  That's just backwards logic.  If, hypothetically, playing as a gun witch (with nothing else in your deck, of course) is the only way to "get a decent chance at a legendary armor of 60 UPS", don't you think that's something Trendy should fix?

@Tiamata quote:

Somewhat of a decent chance?  Somehow I highly doubt adding relics to the drop pool will affect the drop rate of a legendary armor piece with 60 UPs that much.  At most, it'll dilute the pool by about 20% or so (assuming equal chance for every piece of gear)

You highly doubt? I think anybody who fully experienced c5 will tell you how frustrating it is to have all those blue/mythic relics all laying around being completely useless. Add on top of that the added rng of upgrade levels (any legendary that's not 60 is also so very not ideal). Having armor only drops is a day and night difference.

@Tiamata quote:

Also, the idea that a player should switch to gun witch, even if they don't like gun witch, just so they can "have a decent chance of a legendary armor piece" is terrible game design and should not be encouraged.  Why should those who hate the gun witch be forced to play her for a "decent chance of a legendary armor piece with 60 UPs"?  If you have problems with the drop rate of legendary armor pieces, then propose a different solution to Trendy about it rather than encourage Trendy to force everyone to play gun witches if they want "a decent chance for a legendary armor piece" .

Nobody is forced to do anything. If you're playing as a gunwitch, and have any other hero in you hero deck, you can still get relics. The gunwitch as it is currently, offers a choice for those who already have their maxed c5 relic, to have a higher chance on completing their armors.

Just to understand better where you are coming from, at what chaos are you farming and what is your ascension level?

I'd very much like the gunwitch to be able to drop relics.  I'm currently ascension 81 and farming chaos 2.  Keeping builders in my deck is suboptimal because I'd have to gear them up too.

Even more than that I'd like the option to choose what loot to get to be disconnected from hero classes.  I have a friend who I'm sure would call it pay-to-win if the gunwitch allows faster progress because of not dropping relics and isn't among the free hero classes.  I don't entirely agree with the pay-to-win verdict but it is sort of a d*** move to gate faster progress behind the grind for 10k medals, and not even tell new players of the option.

@Donaga quote:
@Tiamata quote:

Somewhat of a decent chance?  Somehow I highly doubt adding relics to the drop pool will affect the drop rate of a legendary armor piece with 60 UPs that much.  At most, it'll dilute the pool by about 20% or so (assuming equal chance for every piece of gear)

You highly doubt? I think anybody who fully experienced c5 will tell you how frustrating it is to have all those blue/mythic relics all laying around being completely useless. Add on top of that the added rng of upgrade levels (any legendary that's not 60 is also so very not ideal). Having armor only drops is a day and night difference.

Again, if you have issues with the drop rate of a legendary armor piece, you should tell Trendy to up the drop rate, not tell Trendy to have gun witches not drop relics.  That's just backwards logic.  If, hypothetically, playing as a gun witch (with nothing else in your deck, of course) is the only way to "get a decent chance at a legendary armor of 60 UPS", don't you think that's something Trendy should fix?

@Donaga quote:

Nobody is forced to do anything. If you're playing as a gunwitch, and have any other hero in you hero deck, you can still get relics. The gunwitch as it is currently, offers a choice for those who already have their maxed c5 relic, to have a higher chance on completing their armors. 

I 110% disagree with you. Since the update, I've been getting 99% armor and weapon drops playing with the Gunwitch and 3 builders in my deck. I would receive one or two relics every several games and more than half the time, it isn't an upgrade. I was wondering why relics are such a rarity until I read about it on the forum. Maybe it's just my luck but seeing as others are experiencing the same thing, it doesn't seem to be.

I've been in Chaos 5 the last few days and already got my heroes decked out with armor. I only managed to get 2 relic upgrades out of the 30 or so games I played and they're not even mythical/legendary. I really like playing Gunwitch but if it means being cursed to get nothing but armor and weapons, I think I'll just stop playing her until I get more relics. I should note, I haven't once gotten a single mythical/legendary medallion with speed and health since the update (and I'm ascension level 222).

I feel her loot table should be changed to include relics so those of us who enjoy playing her can continue to do so without having our relic drops bottlenecked. Additionally, any and all dps heroes released in the future should have the same fix applied. It doesn't really make sense to change a system that was working fine before.

@Tiamata quote:

Just upping the droprate without any other precaution sounds scary to me. I really don't want a repeat for DD2 as to what happened to DDE (Dungeon Defenders Eternity). Loot was dropping everywhere, overflooding players with mythicals and legendaries, and everything was just crap. Finding good items was so much worse than our current situation.

It made the game really unfun to play.

I understand you want to play as Gunwitch and get relics. As sn/+/per is doing, having 3 non gunwitches and 1 gunwitch in his hero deck still allows him to get relics. Ok it's not as ideal, but it's still possible to get relics. We have 10 heroes. Only 1 hero has a bit of a different loot table. Why take that uniqueness away? Might I suggest you trying out the Abyss Lord as dps if you haven't already. What you can do is bring down bosses to 1%, then swap to any other class, and you'll greatly increase the chance to get relics.

• 1 month later...

@Donaga quote:

@Tiamata quote:

Just upping the droprate without any other precaution sounds scary to me. I really don't want a repeat for DD2 as to what happened to DDE (Dungeon Defenders Eternity). Loot was dropping everywhere, overflooding players with mythicals and legendaries, and everything was just crap. Finding good items was so much worse than our current situation.

It made the game really unfun to play.

I understand you want to play as Gunwitch and get relics. As sn/+/per is doing, having 3 non gunwitches and 1 gunwitch in his hero deck still allows him to get relics. Ok it's not as ideal, but it's still possible to get relics. We have 10 heroes. Only 1 hero has a bit of a different loot table. Why take that uniqueness away? Might I suggest you trying out the Abyss Lord as dps if you haven't already. What you can do is bring down bosses to 1%, then swap to any other class, and you'll greatly increase the chance to get relics.

I realize this is a little old but no relics on gunwitch is flat making it not possible to play until you're already geared.  3 heros and a gunwitch drops nearly no relics whatsoever.  It also prevents taking your hero deck to one hero to get gear faster.  I've simply had to remove her from my hero deck entirely before finally getting some relics so I could advance.  It sucks to not be able to use dlc that I paid for.

I wish I could see the metrics on how many not-yet-geared players play Gunwitch, now.

I know at least one person, who goes here by the name of Donaga, who judging by his replies in this thread, played the gunwitch to not get relics (somehow still needing other gear pieces more for some strange reason), does not play Gunwitch anymore.

Specifically because he hasn't played Dungeon Defenders 2 in a month.  So you don't have to listen to him or his ridiculously WRONG arguments, Trendy.

Well, holding back using the character for everyone just so it can be exploited end game doesn't seem like a good enough reason to keep the "uniqueness".   I'd rather be able to actually use the character I bought.

looks like there may not be a need.  The twitch broadcast on friday hinted at this be changed in the near future.

@Depova quote:

looks like there may not be a need.  The twitch broadcast on friday hinted at this be changed in the near future.

That was me. We're looking into it!