Opinion on Duplicate Heroes?

Having played this game off and on for probably far too long... I of course have WAY too many hero slots, and duplicate heroes. Because organizing them, and re-gearing them all would be a hassle, and honestly very unnecessary with the new gear system... I have been debating deleting my duplicates.

Before I did, was kind of wondering the communities opinion on having duplicate heroes, and mostly if anyone has found a real reason to (besides for things like obelisk and volcano spams)?

Also... I've asked for this SOOO many times... But I'll do it again for old time sake. Can we finally get an option to buy a new hero WITHOUT a "free" hero slot? I bought extras a long time ago (when I first spent more money than I should admit to... cause I wanted to support Trendy... Finally out of those crystals today) before hero medals were an option and don't really want to feel like I bought them for nothing if I do delete my duplicates...

It is sadly more optimal to have one hero per tower you use, you can then maximise that tower's effectiveness.

I deleted mine... mainly because that hero selection was a pain in the ass... but now they are bringing in the classic way of doing it i might recreate some ;)...

+ i kind of want to challenge myself to only using 1 of each hero yeah having multiples would make things go quicker .. but i also CBF swapping heroes into my deck all the time ;)..

Right now im focused on just 4.. Monk, BusLord, Mage, Mystic

Monk, Skyguard and Backup Rollie killer

Buslord, Main DPS, Rams and Orcs

Mage, Flames and Main Rollie killer

Mystic, Vipers and Sands

I don't have a disgusting number of heroes, but i do have several duplicates. I deleted all heroes that I had more than two of, since I don't think I'll need them.

My question is: if I delete them do I lose all ascension accrued for them, or is ascension account-based so future heroes I create will automatically be at the same ascension level as the rest of my heroes?

Because if ascension is account-based, there's no harm in deleting the heroes then re-creating them when you need them. You'll still get to keep the empty hero slot when the hero is deleted.

@gigazelle quote:

My question is: if I delete them do I lose all ascension accrued for them, or is ascension account-based so future heroes I create will automatically be at the same ascension level as the rest of my heroes?

Im fairly sure its account based 8)... but i havent made another hero to test

@gigazelle quote:

I don't have a disgusting number of heroes, but i do have several duplicates. I deleted all heroes that I had more than two of, since I don't think I'll need them.

Because if ascension is account-based, there's no harm in deleting the heroes then re-creating them when you need them. You'll still get to keep the empty hero slot when the hero is deleted.

I just got a new hero and as soon as they hit 50 they have access to all the APs on your account, so new ones won't be handicapped compared to the rest or anything.

@Sekai9 quote:

I just got a new hero and as soon as they hit 50 they have access to all the APs on your account, so new ones won't be handicapped compared to the rest or anything.

This is FANTASTIC news.

[[146531,users]] if you're not using them, delete them. You can always re-create them later!