Chaos 5 currently highy unbalanced?!

So, I have not seen many threads regarding this pop up yet, but that is probably because not many have been playing as much as me and reached C5 yet:

When you do a C5 map, assassins, which are invisible and only can be noticed through some purple dust arround you before they grab you, make you unable to do anything and just kill you, can only be countered by 3 things I have figured out. One is the Abyss Knight (second abysslord ability) which you have to spam cast before they appear, so they do not 1 shot you. Then by having the sandstorm trap by the mystic trigger at the time they grab you which is highly unlikely, and by using a gato pet with the "Sparkle ..." pet skill which does an AOE stun arround you and is the only ability you can use while being grabbed by the assassins.

I figured cannon ball towers with 30% chance to stun targets could also help get assassins off you, but they do not seem to work for that as they do not target them propperly.

So right now the only reliable method is really the abyss lord with the knight ability.

The problem is. Once you get caught, when several assassins appear at the same time; you are done, you respawn and get spawn killed by the assassins and can only hope your defences hold.

I have currently only been able to finish C5 because my Flamethrowers do 250k dps and can kill siege rollers.

In the current state I think we need a lot more counterplay to assassins. They make C5 be no fun right now if you die to them once. Due to their spawn kill potential. Even the pet ability won't help, as when you stun one off you, you get grabbed again before you can kill any of them.

I really think we need some viable counterplay options to the assassins.

What do you guys think? Has anyone of you any further suggestions how to deal with them?

Best wishes to all of you and have fun farming!

Ok just got told frost towers can freeze them and kill them through that. I think that was unintentional though and will probably be nerfed. Still, if you do not have that shard, and frosties, assassins are way too broken if you ask me.

@exploreforce quote:

Ok just got told frost towers can freeze them and kill them through that. I think that was unintentional though and will probably be nerfed. Still, if you do not have that shard, and frosties, assassins are way too broken if you ask me.

i dont think so as all air units that are frozen always die

mystic walls. i had a match where they didnt do anything but maybe that was just a bug. since then everything is fine and mystic walls bubble assassins again.

Before my group figured out the frost shard we did Chaos 5 by just bundling up and killing them.
What Ascension are you? How much hero health do you have?

The assassins are not a problem if you know how to deal with them properly.

Ill just give you a short list of most effective assassin defenses by rank

#1: Frosty with freeze

#2 water geyser

#3 Mystic wall

#4 Snaking sands

#5 oil geyser with stun shard and orb

#6 cannon with heavy cannon  and stun shard and orb

#7 volcano with stun shards (lolz grasping at straws now)

With several people it is easier as one can stun them off the other. The problem is that if you die once you basically get spawn killed by them repeatedly.

My ascension level right now is 130. I basically started by grinding C2 and C3 for shards and then went on staright to C4 and C5.

I sadly do not have the frosty shard, which makes it really hard right now.

@ShadowBerry quote:

Before my group figured out the frost shard we did Chaos 5 by just bundling up and killing them.
What Ascension are you? How much hero health do you have?

The assassins are not a problem if you know how to deal with them properly.

The mystic walls are also unreliable in stunning them off you. My main problem is just that if I die once. I get spawn killed by them and cannot even go close to my defences that would help me deal with them, when I play solo.

@H3M1V3 quote:

mystic walls. i had a match where they didnt do anything but maybe that was just a bug. since then everything is fine and mystic walls bubble assassins again.

Gunwitch's Ice Needle kills them in 1 shot if you can stun them with one of the methods suggested already.

@exploreforce quote:

The mystic walls are also unreliable in stunning them off you. My main problem is just that if I die once. I get spawn killed by them and cannot even go close to my defences that would help me deal with them, when I play solo.

Put something close to spawn to deal with them.

Your pet ability recharges on death so you will always have that.

Right there you can deal with at least two assasins straight at spawn. If you have some HP you can wait with your pet ability so you stun multiple at once.

Get some HP so you can outlast the duration of the hug.

Confusion on damage taken also works, although a bit unreliable.

if your defenses are strong, you can dump mana into a LSA and possibly one shot them.

the easiest way right now is the freeze shard I think so you can try to farm c4 for it

without shards a good way is mystic wall and sand trap and maybe gunwitch for 1 shotting

@Bidru quote:

Dragon pet, Fire Shield, have fun.

I tried that, but didn´t work for me? But I use frosties anyway so it doesn´t matter, but I just thought it was weird it didn´t work when I tried it some days ago. Maybe I should try again.

@MaJean quote:

@Bidru quote:

Dragon pet, Fire Shield, have fun.

I tried that, but didn´t work for me? But I use frosties anyway so it doesn´t matter, but I just thought it was weird it didn´t work when I tried it some days ago. Maybe I should try again.

For me it work just a bit too much, i mean, it reflect 1500% the dmg pre-mitigation in fire damages, right ?

How much damages 9m HP Ogre does ? 500.000K i guess...

It's not more unbalanced than other Chaos tier. When you play it so many times like I did, you don't die anymore to assassins, even if you don't use the frostbite cheese. If I want to play fair, I usually use the viper fangs' bubbles and sandstorm traps. I also play on mystic and have near 150k HH and could probably have more if I put a HH dagger (but the additional health would be useless). So when I pick up a healing orb, it recovers like 75k health, that's like 10 assassins attack lol. But yeah when I farm C5 I usually use the frost bug currently so I can play while watching youtube lol

Played it again, its like i dont need frosty controversial tactic, i got my squire with the 20%block power nodes from utility, another shard on the shield that increase the block power by another 25%, alot of armor and health ( atm i got 110K health) and the shard that make your shield fire some... fire

Building a Mix into health ability power and crit dmg and it crit about 600K ( Yup, thats balanced).

If you were blocking before assassin jump on your neck you keep blocking so you take no dmg

The fire shield almost twoshot them if not one. ( i guess it can crit based on your own crit chance ( 30% i'd said). Lady orc oneshot themselves, same for ogres or any bosses, mostly, 1m5 min and oneshot if it crit i guess, it scale oddly well, i dont think its a bug, just the scaling way too high it'll surely get nerfed.

Just fyi, the mystic wall won't bubble the named assassins.  You have to use a pet ability for those. 

Also regarding the assassins, I don't think they're op at all.  The only thing I'd ever change on them is the way they stick to you on respawn right away.. I think we need a few seconds on respawn but that's just me. 

how much HP is safe? i can easly do C4 but not C5 due to assasins. my hero HP is really low. i plan on fixing it  from farming C4 for hero gear.  im playing Ap chi blast monk. 

@MushroomCake28 quote:

It's not more unbalanced than other Chaos tier. When you play it so many times like I did, you don't die anymore to assassins, even if you don't use the frostbite cheese. If I want to play fair, I usually use the viper fangs' bubbles and sandstorm traps. I also play on mystic and have near 150k HH and could probably have more if I put a HH dagger (but the additional health would be useless). So when I pick up a healing orb, it recovers like 75k health, that's like 10 assassins attack lol. But yeah when I farm C5 I usually use the frost bug currently so I can play while watching youtube lol

I wouldn't call it cheesing or a bug when it's the functionality of the tower against an air unit. Trendy configured the Assassin to be an air enemy, not a ground-type like it was in the past. So, they were more than likely fully aware of this tactic seeing as many people used Frostbite Towers over Sky Guards to defeat air units before the update. Additionally, not all players have all the newer heroes unlocked and aren't going to unlock them to take down an enemy in another way one may call "cheesing" later on.

@123theman123 quote:

how much HP is safe? i can easly do C4 but not C5 due to assasins. my hero HP is really low. i plan on fixing it  from farming C4 for hero gear.  im playing Ap chi blast monk. 

Haven't used monk, but I've beaten it several times with a ~45k hp Gunwitch.  You might need more if you don't freeze them.

@Goofio quote:
@123theman123 quote:

Haven't used monk, but I've beaten it several times with a ~45k hp Gunwitch.  You might need more if you don't freeze them.

thanks but due to a helpful player showing me a build, i can make it to 4/5 waves with only 30k hp :D

Thing is, if the spawn killing gets fixed, it will be alright. The main issue is:

Once you die 3-8 assassins stack up. You have a tower near spawn that can stun them = first assassin gets stunned, you get instantly grabbed by the next one, you cc the next one with pet, you get grabbed again, while the ones that were stunned before can hit you still. You are basically permanently disabled until you are dead. I gotta try the squire still, this is my only hope, because I got the AP flame shard on him.