Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

Please give me your opinion on these suggestions

I want to know what the majority of the people think of the direction of the game on different aspect of the game. I've made many of my positions known for posting them often, and this thread will be a recap of everything.

1) Shards

Nice system, and a lot of people complain about the RNG. I have to partially agree, but this is a RNG farming game. I suggest to lock Chaos specific level shards to their chaos tier (meaning a Chaos 1 shard box will always give a Chaos 1 shard), giving one extra Chaos specific level shard box (so 2-3 instead of 1-2), and making the campaign shard box a random lower chaos tier shard box (or campaign shard box). 

2) Trials

Many people don't like it. I thought it would be just better to remove it and make every map drop decent gears and shards, but harder maps would have more chance to drop mythical/legendaries. Although someone on the forum (forgot your name sorry) made a really good point that trials facilitates public game with the current low number of people in the game. Looking for a specific map reduces your chance to find another game. So I don't know if we should keep it or not. 

3) Chaos "too difficult"

Yes there were some issues that need some tweaking, but don't go and nerf Chaos hard like you intend to do TE (removing some enemies from certain Chaos tier is ridiculous imo). I prefer by far the community idea of having some themed lanes (like no geode/shield goblin or no cybork) on higher chaos. Although I definitely prefer making an enemy that counters defenses that aren't countered already. With every single defense being countered by at least one enemy, no defenses would have an advantage of not being countered and we would have to mix defenses in order to deal with different enemies.

4) Gears

I'm happy that now mythicals are now relevant and that legendaries are now rare. Keep the drop rate, but make it so legendaries can only roll with 45 or 60 levels, and that mythical can only roll with 30/45/60 levels.   

5) Mandatory shards

No, I don't believe the range shard is mandatory. It is not overpowered imo, but it is certainly very strong. The thing is that if you decide to put the range shards, you are sacrificing one shard slot that might have been used to boost directly your DPS (Destruction, Defense Rate, Vampiric, defense specific shards).  

The problem is with defense specific shards being way inferior to general shards such as Destruction. Let's take the flame aura for example. The Encroaching Flames shard (25% to deal 40% extra damage) is a flat 10% damage bonus so it's way inferior to the Destruction shard which is a 34% damage bonus.

The other problem is with mechanic changing shards that are terrible and don't make up for the DPS lost from using a shard slot that could be used by a Destruction or a Defense Rate shard. Example with the Explosive arrows (15% chance to deal 110% of your DP as damage) is terrible. 15% chance to deal an AoE dealing 110% of DP means in average 16.5% of your DP as AoE per shot, which is terrible. Make it 30% for 250% of DP and I might use it (flat 75% of DP in average per shot). Same for the flying snake on the obelisk (525% of DP each 5s, meaning 105% of DP/s). Since it's single target, make it 750% of DP each 2.5s at least to make it kinda useful (300% of DP/s).

EDIT 1:

6) Loot

The way loot is generate is not fair imo. I understand that it prevents leechers, but this is a big inconvenient for players who play fairly. Chaos tier should have predetermined ipw range drops and shouldn't look at a player's deck to generate loot. If someone with Chaos 2 loot is smart and really good and can do Chaos 4, he should get Chaos 4 gears. To prevent leechers, you can add a ascension level requirement per Chaos tier IN PUBLIC ONLY. In private, we should be free to jump into the difficulty we want.

EDIT 2:

7) Loot upgrade and selling

I would like to see upgrading cost scale with the loot's stat. That would mean that Chaos 1 gears would cost less than Chaos 5 gears. That would also mean that selling gears should give more money, especially upgraded gears. 

That's it for now, feel free to comment or add additional aspect and I will give my opinion on it.

1) Great system, beats armor passives by a very long run. I dont mind the drop rate but I think re-rolling for example 3 shards into a new random shard would be a great addition to the game and aleviate a few of the problems (such as shards filling up inventories and having to sell useless shards for only 10 gold..)

2) I'm fine with it, could be better, could be worse.

3) Its not to hard, but I think I mentioned my idea of how chaos special enemies should work numerous times now already, I think the new patch will make the game to easy and just more annoying then anything while simply not aleviating the problem of only one build being viable everywhere, regardless of certain builds becoming viable again on certain difficulties only.

4) I agree with your point, though I think that gear should drop a bit higher based on your current gear. For example, your current gear +1% in stats is the maximum now (not sure if this is the number, but just for the sake of example) which should be +3% or +4%, especially on legendaries. 

5) Meta's make shards, if 80% of the towers are useless 20% of the shards will be overpowered because they boost the effectiveness of the only working builds, the other 80% are useless. This will remain the same with the patch provided the same meta we have now will still be the go to meta because it can beat anything and not just one specific difficulty. Shards could use some balancing all around as well.

The update as a whole is great, the information on how it works was awful. A lot of the aggro could have been avoided had Trendy explained gear progression.

15 up gear should basically be removed.

Chaos tiers should be gated by ascension you should not be dropping into a C3 map to find 1,1,0 guys sitting there throwing mana at you. 

@Fozzie quote:

The update as a whole is great, the information on how it works was awful. A lot of the aggro could have been avoided had Trendy explained gear progression.

15 up gear should basically be removed.

Chaos tiers should be gated by ascension you should not be dropping into a C3 map to find 1,1,0 guys sitting there throwing mana at you. 

The update is indeed great, but like you said there is too not enough information (if any) in the game for players that don't read the forum and watch dev stream. How were they supposed to know about how loot is generated?

I'm fine with 15 upgrades on green and blue gears. But definitely needs to be removed on mythical and legendary.

I'm ok with Chaos tiers being gated by ascension levels in public only. In private there shouldn't be any limitation since someone who's really good and has really good strategies could be able to beat higher tier chaos without too many ascension levels.

That brings me too loot that I completely forgot lol. Will edit my original post.

Trendy should make upgrades 10x more expensive, more random, give bigger stats, and not make it affect drops. DD1 had it right on that.

@Nefhith quote:

Trendy should make upgrades 10x more expensive, more random, give bigger stats, and not make it affect drops. DD1 had it right on that.

Yes, loot drop shouldn't be affected by our heroes in deck. I believe the drop rate of mythical and legendary are fair now personally. 

Also I don't get what you mean by upgrades more expensive and with bigger stats. Do you mean like in DD1 when we had like 200+ upgrades and it costed a lot of money? I would be fine with it, but definitely don't make 60 upgrades cost more. What I would want tho, is an upgrading cost that scales with the loot's stats, meaning that chaos 1 gears cost less to upgrade than chaos 5 gears.

Gold is too scarce currently, loot sells for a pittance upgrading loot hardly affects its upgraded sale value.

Shards should have a higher sale value like pet food.

There are all suggestions i've read in the forums over the last week? but ill answer anyway cause why not.

1. Shards; I agree  and disagree on this, There are a few shards that could be moved around *cough range shard to standard packs* since they have a very large effect on game play tower wise, but there are allot of shards that are kinda just meh (retribution, worm scarf and so on.) The main thing i'd like is to get rid of standard pack shards coming into chaos packs.

2.Trials; This needs a rework, I hate the idea of re rolling maps, id much rather play through all 4-5 maps and have a more fun reward, but then you got to realize the average player can't invest that much time all the time so they would have to implement allot of things for the more casual out there. But in saying that, I don't care much about pleasing casuals and at the moment how the game works, neither does the TE. I'd like to see this become another option with incursions and play out and reward a little differently.

3.Difficulty; Yes, the game is difficult if you try and take shortcuts or are playing in a 4man group with below the tier builders without everyone actively playing and organised. I would like t see tweeks to make allot more options viable but this could possibly be going to far... id much rather see assassin's more controllable, I shouldn't have to build and go afk because i cant be bothered dealing with them so i just let them kill me till i time out then possibly lose to a siege roller if my towers cant deal with it.

4.Gear; Yes I like this idea, make legendary s great again, would also like to see the terraria weapons have a random roll to whatever your current heroes ipwr is or w.e the same way items drop so we can use those passives again. ( really want a north pole)

5.Mandatory shards; This is true, there are shards that far outshine others especially when it comes to building certain defenses, such as ramsters, frostys with twin beams and so on. even tho there are allot of shards there will always be superior shards there is no helping that, but a shard such as range which has such a giant impact shouldn't be so hard to get, im at ascension 300 and have only stumbled across 1 the adverage player could be lucky and have more or even none its all rng but without that 1 shard I would have allot of a harder time if I didn't have the ascension levels.

6. Loot; This doesn't bother me at all, with the way shards work, gearing up through each difficulty is a smart idea and taking your time to reach the end could benefit you allot more in the long run and make the game allot more enjoyable. I'm not really fond of limiting what a player can do or forcing them into daily's and what not but eh I don't see it as a big problem if your gonna invest time in the game your gonna get there eventually and if you are smart you will figure out the best strategy's to get there faster. limiting players through ipwr and ascensions is a bad idea. Imagine having to do 300 c1 runs just to be able to play c4, Yeah no thanks.

@Fozzie quote:

Gold is too scarce currently, loot sells for a pittance upgrading loot hardly affects its upgraded sale value.

Shards should have a higher sale value like pet food.

Yes. I think pretty much everyone agrees on that.

@In.Session quote:

1. Shards; I agree  and disagree on this, There are a few shards that could be moved around *cough range shard to standard packs* since they have a very large effect on game play tower wise, but there are allot of shards that are kinda just meh (retribution, worm scarf and so on.) The main thing i'd like is to get rid of standard pack shards coming into chaos packs.

The thing is that some people will complain that they will need to return to Campaign to farm campaign shards if TE completely removes campaign shard box from Chaos. That's why I proposed a random lower difficulty shard box instead of always getting a campaign shard.

@In.Session quote:

5.Mandatory shards; This is true, there are shards that far outshine others especially when it comes to building certain defenses, such as ramsters, frostys with twin beams and so on. even tho there are allot of shards there will always be superior shards there is no helping that, but a shard such as range which has such a giant impact shouldn't be so hard to get, im at ascension 300 and have only stumbled across 1 the adverage player could be lucky and have more or even none its all rng but without that 1 shard I would have allot of a harder time if I didn't have the ascension levels.

Of course there will always be shards better than others, but a campaign shard shouldn't be MUCH MUCH better than high chaos tower specific shards. Why is Destruction (34% DPS increase) a lot better than a for example the explosive arrows (flat 16.5 DP/s as damage)? Or worst, the encroaching flames (flat 10% DPS increase) that doesn't even compare to the Destruction shard (34% DPS increase).

@MushroomCake28 quote:Why is Destruction (34% DPS increase) a lot better than a for example the explosive arrows (flat 16.5 DP/s as damage)? Or worst, the encroaching flames (flat 10% DPS increase) that doesn't even compare to the Destruction shard (34% DPS increase).

I keep seeing you sat this everywhere, and it's bothering me.

Destruction is a flat increase. It is always 34%, no RNG.

Encroaching Flames is an average of 10% increase. Will sometimes be a bit more, sometimes a bit less, but always approximately 10%.

[[80133,users]]

#1 - Sure, I guess.  I did like how the skill sphere system allowed us to buy 1 sphere & use it on all heroes. Why not do that with shards too? Also, would love to be able to stack same name shards. Although, I heard from Trendy, once upon a time, that is a very hard thing to do. So, I guess that won't ever happen.

#2 - Keep Trials as is. No need to change it up too much. At the very least, give us a reason to play the non-trials. Maybe give more XP in non-trials and then better loot/gear in trials. That way there is reason to farm in both areas. Right now, it is nearly pointless to do anything other than trials. If I want to do dailies quickly, I just go to campaign, not the non trials.

#3 - as long as the themed lanes don't change every wave or two. Keep them the same throughout the whole map. Otherwise, that is wasted mana.

#4 - love it!

#5 - Not sure what you are getting at here other than "make tower specific shards stronger." In that case, I agree.

#6 - I like it! :-)

# 7 - 100% yes! Gear cost WAY too much to upgrade & selling it is merely a drop in the bucket. :-(

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Also I don't get what you mean by upgrades more expensive and with bigger stats. Do you mean like in DD1 when we had like 200+ upgrades and it costed a lot of money? I would be fine with it, but definitely don't make 60 upgrades cost more. What I would want tho, is an upgrading cost that scales with the loot's stats, meaning that chaos 1 gears cost less to upgrade than chaos 5 gears.

Yep, that's what I meant. Make a single piece of gear REALLY hard to upgrade to max (up into the millions), but make the upgrades give a LOT more stats.

At the same time, make selling items give more gold, or that would be a BAD way to implement it.

@SpiderDanX quote:

MushroomCake28

#1 - Sure, I guess.  I did like how the skill sphere system allowed us to buy 1 sphere & use it on all heroes. Why not do that with shards too? Also, would love to be able to stack same name shards. Although, I heard from Trendy, once upon a time, that is a very hard thing to do. So, I guess that won't ever happen.

#2 - Keep Trials as is. No need to change it up too much. At the very least, give us a reason to play the non-trials. Maybe give more XP in non-trials and then better loot/gear in trials. That way there is reason to farm in both areas. Right now, it is nearly pointless to do anything other than trials. If I want to do dailies quickly, I just go to campaign, not the non trials.

#3 - as long as the themed lanes don't change every wave or two. Keep them the same throughout the whole map. Otherwise, that is wasted mana.
#4 - love it!

#5 - Not sure what you are getting at here other than "make tower specific shards stronger." In that case, I agree.

#6 - I like it! :-)

# 7 - 100% yes! Gear cost WAY too much to upgrade & selling it is merely a drop in the bucket. :-(

1) Lol same conversation on 2 threads. Having a sheet like we have with spheres would be great. My only problem like I said is that once you get a shard you could use it on everything. Hardcore players will just run out of things to farm.

2) Yeah, as long as we have some reason to do non-trial maps i'm fine with it. Maybe just halve exp, only 1 shard boxes, and half medals. Maybe no legendaries and mythical. That way people can still progress, but a lot slower, but it wouldn't make it useless.

3) Of course the theme shouldn't change every wave.

4) Great!

5) The point was just to say that specific tower shards shouldn't be a lot inferior to general shards such as Destruction. Right now, Destruction > 95% of tower specific shards. They just need to make tower specific shards should offer something new and of equal value. Example the Snake on the Plance, it offers a single target dmg on a AoE tower that can only fires when at 100 appeasement. At least make the single target's DPS better than the AoE damage gain from Destruction, otherwise it isn't useful.

6) Great!

7) TE will probably fix that problem soon.

@Nefhith quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Yep, that's what I meant. Make a single piece of gear REALLY hard to upgrade to max (up into the millions), but make the upgrades give a LOT more stats.

At the same time, make selling items give more gold, or that would be a BAD way to implement it.

Yeah i'm definitely for that. The max levels should have to scale from the difficulty tier tho, so a Chaos 4 gear won't be superior to a Chaos 5 gear. But honestly I don't see this coming to the game.

Replies in the quote

@MushroomCake28 quote:

1) Shards

I feel the majority of the shard farming problem is that C1 has 100 gazillion shards and the rest have way less. So getting a non hero specific C1 shard is very unlikely. If trendy somehow fixed that, like increase the drop rate on generic defense shards, this should be fine.

2) Trials

Why not both ? 

Keep the trials but add a bonus for completing maps in a row that increases and eventually caps out.

And on the other hand make the regular maps drop the same as current trials or maybe a little less to keep the incentive on the trials.

3) Chaos "too difficult"

Agree chaos will get super easy especially with increased ascension levels. 

4) Gears

Agree

5) Mandatory shards

Agree

EDIT 1:

6) Loot

Agree

EDIT 2:

7) Loot upgrade and selling

Agree

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@In.Session quote:

The thing is that some people will complain that they will need to return to Campaign to farm campaign shards if TE completely removes campaign shard box from Chaos. That's why I proposed a random lower difficulty shard box instead of always getting a campaign shard.

Sorry didnt mean to remove standard packs from campaign, ment shards from standard packs dropping in c1-5 packs.