Sign in to follow this  
Zalthulhu

Returning player after long absence in need of advice

Hi Guys,

I have just reinstalled the game after quite a long break (Over a year) I have a deck full of level 50 characters who were in pretty good gear when I last played however I am now struggling to figure out what sort of difficulty I should be playing on as campaign/incursions are really simple for me but chaos 1 is destroying me on wave 2. Any help greatly appreciated

Check this out

If you are porting over what was NM4 gear you potentially are in the C2\C3 arena.

But things have changed a lot, towers now have low aggro so you don't need to place them behind your walls, in fact you'll not have the range to do it.

Ascension levels helps a lot with the extra stats on top of gear. You will need to get out of your old gear as soon as possible.

Use medals where you can to upgrade some gear as you'll burn through your gold.

@Fozzie quote:

You will need to get out of your old gear as soon as possible.

Can not emphasize this enough. NM4 gear will beat out items stat wise up until near max C3 gear. I'm farming C4 now (with about half NM4 and about half C3/C4 gear). Every NM4 item I've replaced on my DPS character (the only one in my deck during waves) has increased the DP I find on medallions by almost 500 in C4.

So to add some additional questions to this topic. I haven't played since the spheres, around the time I think poison darts were OP due to spheres? I never played enough to dip into high NM levels and maybe only attempted NM1 a couple of times. At what point should I attempt to jump into C1 (after farming campaign hard?)? What is the best way to farm XP, should this be my current route for progression? I have a 50 ranger (using as hero DPS), 50 knight (not using), 50 monk (not using), 50 gunwitch (not using) and a 50 apprentice (using for towers). Is there a blend of towers I can better use between what I have? Also at the time of playing all end of map rewards from chest seemed to always pop out a "gold" quality item, this does not seem to be the case out of the few maps I've managed to complete now, has this changed as well?