I cant get past choas2 solo cant get gear for anything the shards are crappy my main gear is 4000- 6000 max tower stat armor 1100-1497 my 2 main chars for dps are 1400 armor 2100 wepon 2500 helbirds tryed choas 2-3-4 solo cant pass firest wave, choas 1 is got me so mad with the shards i cant get the 1s i need everytime i got my towers were i needed them they got turned to trash shortly after  my cant report bugs the tavern keeper broken , i dont know whos working on the ps4 stuff , im sick of losesing the stats that take so long to get this trash has me so pissed, im about done with dd2 this has been 2 years of my time wasted for nothing

I realy dont see anything good from sitting here doing nothing , i dont have pc just ps4 psn bloody_mofo i realy hope to here from some1 soon about this 

@bloodymofo420 quote:

114 in 2 weeks iv put the time in and got very lil to show for it

I think you are making some fundamental mistakes. I would highly recommend doing some research, because you are clearly doing something wrong.

Tip one.

Make sure all active heroes in your deck when you start combat and finish the map have full item slots, all with your best gear and ideally upped. This will insure you get the best possible upgrades for each for your chaos level. upgrade your gear! (I didn't do this and I paid a hefty price for not knowing this valuable peace of information, it probably put me behind by about 10 hours).

Tip two.

If you are still getting upgrades in C1, keep doing C1 because C2 will gives you exactly the same level of gear. If however you are no longer getting upgrades in C1, its time to move to C2 and again always equip your best (highest stat) gear. Now you will start getting upgrades in C2, repeat the cycle that you did in C1.

Tip three

Always theory craft your items, check there sheet DPS as well as boss dummy DPS in tavern, make sure you are not spec'ing into the wrong stats.

Tip four.

Make sure you get key shards from C1, there are many of them there like range.

Tip five.

Stop repeating tactics and play styles you picked up pre patch, its not the same game anymore at least while you are progressing. failing to repair, randomly rushing building, bad upgrading (some towers scale extremely badly, Fire Auras for example). Check what towers scale the best when upgrading, think about what will tower gains the most from each point of mana.

Tip six.

spend more mana on walls, more walls is needed if you want to prevent random failures due to monsters bugging or the idle AI kicking in.

Tip seven.

A specific tip regarding 1 shard. Stop using Warm Scarf, its reducing your armour rather then increasing it! I progressed into C5 with a 15% damage taken debuff which made Assassins as well as heavy lane pushes extremely hard to handle.

I know that thats also the biggest problem im haveing , the shards i get are mostely duplicate, and junk at the same time and not worth keeping , outs 50 choas 1 shards ill get 1 usefull tower shard 3 usefull dps shards and the rest junky duplicate trash, choas 4 shards end up being junky choas 1 shards and the gear is 4k or lower

You have 100 or more ascension levels and a decent gear for Chaos 2-3.
I think we've got a case of "git gud" in our hands here, and I'm not even trying to be mean.

Well a lot of the issues that popped up in this update are valid, one of the ones looked over is that placement and strat are 100x more important than before, you can have c5 gear and fail in c2 if you're not finding a good build

Game is extremly boring right now and it's not supossed to be like that, i have over 600h on this game and it's not fun anymore, the fact that there's only 1 way to clear c3+ (flamethorwers, frosty etc..) since they nerfed Dryad is jut not fun, 80% of current turrets are useless, i remember when few  months ago you could actually make some cool builds like mixing Monk traps/ huntress traps, cannonballs etc....sigh.. hopefully trendy notice that there's a small bench between making the game a "challenge" and boring as well

@Stannis Baratheon quote:

...the fact that there's only 1 way to clear c3+ (flamethorwers, frosty etc..) ...

That is not true at all. There are alot of different builds and approaches you can go. 

I have 0 problems with C3 and I am working on C4. The issue is you need to really adapt and milk the difficulties well. I am also A84 and don't use Dryad defenses.

You just need to maintain a pattern in C3 and have a hero that can wreck Geodes and bosses fast (Gunwitch, EV, Apprentice and Monk are the fastest boss killers. Geodes fall prey to stuns). 

For a builder, I recommend a good Abyss Lord. Ramster bypasses Geodes and Vanguard protection, Skeletal Orc on direct command can shred fleshy bosses and you can DC Ramsters to clear a lane. Collosus can stall a Siege Engine if needed.

C2 has relatively easy maps. The easiest being Ramparts. C3 is when the challenge picks up.

The game is beatable on c5. 

@Edrath quote:

Well a lot of the issues that popped up in this update are valid, one of the ones looked over is that placement and strat are 100x more important than before, you can have c5 gear and fail in c2 if you're not finding a good build

Lmao you would have to try really hard to fail C2 with good C5 gear solo.

@Edrath quote:

If you have decent C5 gear you can AFK C3 with no upgrades easily, C4 will need maybe rank 2 on walls and thats it and then also AFK. (excluding rollers ofc unless you place flamethrowers behind them. C3 and below, i just place random Fire Auras + blockades thats it. C5 gear really carries you.

@Pegazul quote:

@Edrath quote:

I was showing a point, and yes you could you seem to think that a majority of players in this game are strategy oriented thinkers.. most are not even though they enjoy the game type. But thank you for contributing nothing to the thread.

That is their problem. It is adapt or perish. Plus, this game needs some work (for once), but it pays off.

They also prove that this game is beatable on C5 the way it is. It is the human error that is causing these complaint threads.

Honestly, TE made the game too easy many times because people were complaining too much. I remember the old days were doing Betsy NM4 solo was considered extremely hardcore (before the 3 enemies nerf). We were starting to get that feeling back, and then they'll nerf Chaos -.-

I understand that some things need to be worked on and that most of the content must be doable by the casual players, but please the majority of people shouldn't be able to clear Chaos 5 easily. The problem is that certain defenses aren't countered by any enemies (flamethrowers/ramster/nimbus)? Just make them countered by an enemy and problem solved. But instead they decided to nerf Chaos and remove some enemies from Chaos tiers.

There must be content for casual, but also content for hardcore players. Otherwise we'll have no reason to farm like we currently do. And if the majority of players can't do Chaos 5, then it's a good thing.

And on the topic of OP not being able to clear Chaos 2 with his gears and ascension levels, I'm sorry but you're doing something extremely wrong. With your current ascension level and your stats, Chaos 2 should be pretty easy, or at least doable without too much problem.

Bloody what are you using to build with? This thread makes no sense at all. You are obviously building with the wrong towers or dont know how to equip your character anymore (tower specific medallions for instance)

Everything in this game is vulnerable to Cone damage and stuns. So Wall + 2 ramsters/flamethrowers + the optional snaking sands beats every lane and every chaos level currently in the game. For air both PDT and skyguards work fine (you may have to use two per air lane at first).

I use mystic walls extra health 1.1 mill , extra buble and damage shards, monk aa with deadly strikes speed and damage 100k , vipers 56k crits .01 sec somewere around there , flame auras , gets me threr choas 1 no problem but no other choas , just started adding frostys thats not going well tryed square walls same thing walls drop way to fast 1,5 mill flame auras get smahed by gsr to fast traps aswell vipers fast but weak obulkisk gives 50% stat bost with extra buble , frosty freze 7 secs 2 targets vipers singel targets fangs multi targets 2-3 sometimes  flame auras fast cit 400 health 15k crits t1 , obulkisk 60k t1 350 health  

@bloodymofo420 quote:

I use mystic walls extra health 1.1 mill , extra buble and damage shards, monk aa with deadly strikes speed and damage 100k , vipers 56k crits .01 sec somewere around there , flame auras , gets me threr choas 1 no problem but no other choas , just started adding frostys thats not going well tryed square walls same thing walls drop way to fast 1,5 mill flame auras get smahed by gsr to fast traps aswell vipers fast but weak obulkisk gives 50% stat bost with extra buble , frosty freze 7 secs 2 targets vipers singel targets fangs multi targets 2-3 sometimes  flame auras fast cit 400 health 15k crits t1 , obulkisk 60k t1 350 health  

Then I'm afraid your placement is horribly of. I'm doing C3 with firethrowers with a 4.3k DP medallion, 1.1 million squire walls at T1, frosty towers with dual frosty and SGT's with a 4.2k DP medallion. While this does require me to run around somewhat and having some issues with bosses, its very, very possible.

Looking at Juicebag's videos on YouTube they are pretty informative.

Look at placement it doesn't matter if they are doing C5 the placement strategy can be used in lower tiers.

@Edrath quote:

@Pegazul quote:

@Edrath quote:

I was showing a point, and yes you could you seem to think that a majority of players in this game are strategy oriented thinkers.. most are not even though they enjoy the game type. But thank you for contributing nothing to the thread.

I think you really underestimate C5 gear lol. I made a video just for you <3

PS: I finished that map and all i did was upgrade the clouds(probably would have been fine with T1s)