Sign in to follow this  
Pwncakeroflsauce

Pet affection too slow?

is it me or is it really ... i mean REALLY hard to boost your pet affection level??? i have been playing for hours and my pet is still 8/45... some1 told me to buy the pet affection item for 250 quest currency but... im saving my tokens for either mystic or dryad.. so i dont want to waste my tokens on pet affection booster..

so is it a weird kind off Pay to Win element that i missed? pay to have the token required to boost your pet rly quick so you have additional stats... or play for months to level your pet 1-2 times.... btw those are not accusation.. im just trying to know wtf is happening with this...

btw because my pets suck.. even tho i have gear from NM4 (before trial patch) which is a little better than C3, im still waaay worst than other players with similar gear. ex: my best barricade have around 720k hp instead of the 1millions+ that i see

I heard somewhere that the pet affection experience gaining is bugged currently, not sure if it's true. But I wouldn't invest too much on pets if I were you, since a pet revamp is clearly on the way. Not sure if it will be a major change or a small one. Either way I personally don't want to risk to invest too much into them now to only see my pets become obsolete. 

I think i had about 1.2m walls with NM4 gear, are you using fortification shard?

I don't think pets are getting xp from trials, and only the active hero pet gets xp, so unless you want to do campaign, it is going to suck.

That being said, the pet's stats are trivial now.

It is really slow but it basically always has been, so i don't see any reason to think my pet loyalty gain is bugged at least.

Make sure that at the end of the wave (1/2 mobs remaining), that you swap to the hero carrying the pet you're trying to level. Only then will the pet receive end wave exp. There's nothing bugged from what I can tell about exp. Pet leveling is quite fast for me.

Pets only gain per Wave beaten... so make sure its on the hero you are competing waves with... its not overly slow.. well it is kind slow..

was easier to level them via onslaught .. but that doesnt exist anymore :P... and during the xmas event just been they gave Pet xp boosters everyday.. i leveled 5-6 pets from 1 - 60 during that event.. but a bit late for that one ;)..

Pet Xp boosters are good.. but yeah cost alot..  but they are kind of random too i think.. sometimes you'd get 5 levels another time you might get 10.... but yeah honestly save your DM's unless you have everything else..Right now DM's are way more valuable for upping gear/shards

Well, you are right - I have some pets 58/60, so i switched to completely new pet to lvl them up - played like 6 games - which is around 30 waves ( i lost some lets take 20) and get 2/10 affection level:) From 0/10 - to 2/10.

Definitely bugged. I played on Chaos diff so lots of xp. 800k per game.

Btw - have you noticed that some new pets have affection from born 0/10 and some 1/10?

@LJMjollnir quote:

Pets only gain per Wave beaten

that. you can farm as much xp as you want, pets only gain affection from waves beaten. The fastest way to level pets was usually harbinger

Its not XP that matters for leveling pets .. its WAVES completed.. you can play on campaign normal and your pet will actually level way faster because you are completing waves faster...