Sign in to follow this  
SoK | Kitty Cat

AL DPS Build?

scorched tome sucks - it breaks my right click damage.  It's why I initially thought AL's uncharged right click was a glitch... but with this last patch it's confirmed to be intended 

It's AP x Health, spam right click (not charged, just literally spam) + number 2 ability 

The Tome is only best if you intend to run Ability Power as your main, since the fireball uses Ability and not Hero Power.  Otherwise, any old book will do, and I recommend +Crit as your main.  Lastly, if you do intend to use the alt-fire, save your mouse by downloading a clicker script.

uh, that's not right I think?

If you run AP you do NOT want the molten brimstone tome since it has a weaker scalar on the uncharged right click 

With a Herodamage/Herocrit molten tome I do a 7,642 uncharged right click (just as listed: 130% of AP)

With NO BOOK I do 52k uncharged right click (900% of AP)

Even the charged attack with molten brimstome tome is only "7 lava fissures for 710% of AP".  Garbage

And you recommend hero crit as main stat?  Hero damage as secondary then, or? 

Admittedly, I haven't actually compared to other books yet, so you could be right on that.  My fully upgraded Tome still says alt-fire is 100% ability power, so if other books scale up on that, they would absolutely be better.

For a regular AL; all of my gear is Hero Damage & Crit Damage.  Asc.: My offense is damage and healing fountain (b/c only 20 points).  On the utility side, I'm maxing out crit chance and fountain range (b/c again, 20 points), then all crit damage.

Shards: Anything for Dark Syphon (the fancy name of the primary attack) and healing.  After that, get the Crit Chance shard, and then whatever you feel like.

I have no Hero Health or Ability Power.  The primary attack on AL has enough range that I can usually stay out of trouble anyways, and no AP is my trade-off for +Crit.

Edit: Looking at more carefully now, for Offense; the 20 points in Abyss Knight is probably a good idea.  Even with no AP for damage, it still has that super useful stun effect.

ap+hero health, weapon does not matter. (since you can not currently farm specific weapons)

currently using hero health on weapon too. you maybe want ap there later on. but when goin into c5 with assassin you need some health to survive a bit to cc+kill them. the ap is for wave clear + cc with your abyss knight ability, which you can basiclly spam all them time. the health is for surviving the assassins and rockets form rollers.

AP / HH

max abyss knight shards etc and spam it

Get storm helmet shard it helps a lot with keeping up mana.

Max fountain heal rate and size if you want. Get withering fountain boot shard for extra 20% protection.

How do you guys kill Siege roller with AL?  Someone said right click spam but it was way slower than even just shooting it with my apprentice, and my apprentice can kill one in a few seconds with a few right halberds then 1 manabomb when I'm soloing. 

You can abyssknight siegeroller sometimes. It depends on the terrain and if it he blades line up right with the weak spot.

So you just spam knight and right click when its on cooldown. Its slower than a pure DPS but its fast enough if your to lazy to swap. And you can heal while you dps thanks to fountain.

You're losing out on over half of your dps if you're not using knights on siege rollers and just right clicking.  I've found putting it right on top of the weak spot works like all the time - I don't think I've noticed a time it hasn't worked if I'm not hastilly placing it :o  (Edit: nvm, actually paid close attention to the last few games and it's harder than I thought.  Extreme guesstimation but 50% sounds right)

Right clicking is 9x ability power (typo in my last post said 90, lol) and you fire off 4/s (iphone slow mo with pet timer as actual timer) so it's like 36x AP dmg/s 

while halberds are 3.5x ap damage and hit ~4 times a second (this is harder to  judge but I think it's right) so like 70x ap damage with all 5 out

knights are ~90x ap damage per cast  @1.2 sec CD (plus 5x for the fire knight shard and another 10x(I think? idk I don't have the C5 one) for the other knight shard... but that's kind of garbage so w/e)

mana bomb is 150x ap @6 sec CD

So, I think that when you add in a bunch of delays for clicking the actual stuff (knights and halberds) and the horrendous animation of other things (mana bomb lel) it's pretty much a wash 

Having taken the 5 minutes to do this in tavern I was going to start building an apprentice cause I never knew the halberd damage was actually so much better than the tooltip implied.  But LOL, you can't get ghastly halberds on anything but ported over NM4 gear so app is dead to me