Sign in to follow this  
Bbilby

PS4 Split Screen

Hey guys, I just wanted to start this thread for discussion on anything wrong or right, in split screen, and ideas or solvents for these topics! 

Has anyone had issues with signing in the second player mine takes FORever to log the second person? Once there in they usually stay in for whereever i go it just takes a minute or two lol.

I've also wondered if anyone knows if trendy will add two separate inventory menus for split screen?

Yeah logging in takes a while for the second player, just have to wait it out. The inventory is still bugged, they are going to fix it where you get it to come up. I havnt heard about being able to both work in inventory at once though. 

Be careful on split screen, shards are still bugged if you havnt noticed you get 2 but its really 1, if you sell one of the extras youll sell them both. Be careful with that.

Thank you, I noticed the shards duplicating, so I always try to lock all of mine lol. I noriced something else in the inventory when trying to compare items it never compares like items, totems to totems .etc and everytime I equip it sends it to the first slot of defenses which is frustrating lol. 

Ya, fake duplicate shards are no fun. But split screens biggest problem is a non optimized game being even less optimized when 2 players share the same system resources. 2 siege rollers on the map at once during split screen equals about negative 8 frames per second for me. Have to use my chaos 4 gear on chaos 2 just to have a chance at winning, since usually by wave 3 or 4 its painful to be running around as a dps.

When I play split screen, the siege rollers come out and the game glitches and all the enemies start floating and no damage can be dealt. Also, Split screen with separate inventory screens would be nice.

that sucks! i havent gotten that far? is o hard coming from campaign to chaos/incursion because i am barely getting by do you have to grind campaign to lvl up enough plus playing on hard doesnt give me hardly any better weapons lol maybe i just suck 

@Bbilby quote:

that sucks! i havent gotten that far? is o hard coming from campaign to chaos/incursion because i am barely getting by do you have to grind campaign to lvl up enough plus playing on hard doesnt give me hardly any better weapons lol maybe i just suck

Just wait for the next patch ;)

As a result of their defense speed and crit chance/damage scaling changes, most towers should start stronger on low ascension levels.

They did make enemies a bit stronger because of that, but they also said they lowered the overall enemy level on c1 by 10% as they noticed the transition from campaign was too hard.

Is Playstation+ required by player 1 in order to play Split Screen???

Trying to get my wife logged in, and this POS says "The "PlayStation Network" is unavailable for the player attempting to join split screen". But it kind of seems like PS+ is needed because this game if forcing us to play "online" even though I'm starting a freaking Private game for her to join.   Whoever decided that forcing this always on-line crap was a good idea, needs to go find a different line of work.

I'm so tired of bothering with this garbage fire.... This "game" is one of the worst purchases I have ever made.

@Budlyte quote:

Is Playstation+ required by player 1 in order to play Split Screen???

Trying to get my wife logged in, and this POS says "The "PlayStation Network" is unavailable for the player attempting to join split screen". But it kind of seems like PS+ is needed because this game if forcing us to play "online" even though I'm starting a freaking Private game for her to join.   Whoever decided that forcing this always on-line crap was a good idea, needs to go find a different line of work.

I'm so tired of bothering with this garbage fire.... This "game" is one of the worst purchases I have ever made.

dd2 does not need ps+, not even for online multiplayer.

It does however need a psn account for each player, so a guest account will not work.

"this always on-line crap" is mainly to prevent cheating like it's possible in e.g. Diablo3 and also mentioned in the ps store description in case you do not like it.

Also why is it the worst purchase you ever made?

I actually just read this about the game not requiring PS+ to play, while searching around the PS store and finding that they don't require PS+ for F2P games online multiplayer.

And so, this seems to be a bug in the game.  My wife and I each have our own PSN accounts on the PS4.  We were both logged in. I started the game, she hits the touchpad, the game asks if I want to let her join, and click Yes, then the game says "The "PlayStation Network" is not available for the player attempting to join".

Turned off this POS. Turned on Don't Starve, and guess what. ZERO issues. Those guys at Klei know what they're doing over there!

Why is this the worst purchase I've ever made?  Have you tried playing the PS4 version in split screen?  It's unplayable.  It doesn't even run at 30fps, hell half the time it runs at 0! Literally, the screen frequently blacks out for a second . The whole thing is jerky feeling, and the game sounding like the speaker is at the far end of a wind tunnel doesn't help my opinion.  

"this always on-line crap" is mainly to prevent cheating like it's possible in e.g. Diablo3 and also mentioned in the ps store description in case you do not like it.

This was fixed in DD1. The exact same way Diablo 2 fixed it. Unofficial Online Server, and Official Online Server. Let those people who play without internet access still play on the Unofficial when they want, and let the people who don't mind staying connected to online at all times play in the Official server.  This reminds me! OH THE LAG!!!  My god, I haven't seen this much rubberbanding since the world's largest rubber band ball was featured by Guinness World Records, and it could all be oh so simply avoided.

I agree they have to do something against the lag and framerate issues. Not sure if this is an internet problem though or if this are actually performance issues with the ps4 itself.

As to the forced online connections, it has both advantages and disadvantages. I'm not a huge fan of it either, but well we won't change Trendys decision that, they would need to overthrow, like, everything backend of the game to change that.

It's a shame this good and fun game is stopped by,well, technical problems. But i hope they can improve this until release, be sure to give it a second chance one day