Sign in to follow this  
chrissus

Reroll Shards at Enchantress/Sell Shards in the Shops

You'll end up with quite a lot useless shards right now, but not the ones you want the most. My suggestions are

• make them stack
  • make different tiers (panic fire and other stuff is t1, range t2 and so on) and 5 shards of a lower tier will combine to one shards of a higher tier when you spin the wheel or
  • with 5 shards of the same tier (and some gold) you can pick a shard of the same tier

Edit Part 2:

with the salvaged shards, you'll get a new type of currency (sharddust? dunno, you'll come up with something cool). You can use that currency to buy your desired shards in the shop in addition to gold, medals, crystals or xp. That way it's kind of gated for new players and regular players have the chance to get what they want. The pricing should be fair, so it isn't p2w.

for example:

salvaging shards: 1x T1 shard equals 1 dust, 1x T2 = 5 dust, 1x T3 = 20 dust, 1x T4 = 100 dust, 1x T5 = 400 dust

buying shards: T1 1-5 dust, T2 5-50 dust, T3 25-100 dust, T4 100-500 dust, T5 500-3000 dust

I agree with the stacking and some kind of reroll, id go for combining 3 shards + gold to reroll to random shard of the lowest tier of the 3. But i like having shards from higher difficulties only be attainable there, with what you suddgest everyone even champaign players will have access to all shards through upgrading. Having shards in higher tiers only be obtainable on higher difficulties gives players additional rewards and incentive to get to higher difficulties.

I dont think the ability to pick shard you get in any way is good either. I think that would make it way too easy to get what you want and i think it would more or less feel like different shards dont have any value since five of them will get you any one you want. Having the random drop and different rarities that are in atm makes it very satisfying when you find what you want and you would loose that if you could get them so easily.

you would need 5 t1-shards to get a t2, 25 t1-shards to pick a t2-shard and over 3000 t1 shards to get one of the highest tier (currently c5)

so yeah. i can't imagine someone playing 1000-1500 campaign-games to get a endgame shard

I agree going from t1 to picking one you want of t5 would not happen but going from t3 to t5 would most def happen and id say that shouldnt be the case. Im for more rewards for actualy getting to the higher difficulties and for different rarities in shards, thats what i think anyway.

@MiX3R quote:

I agree going from t1 to picking one you want of t5 would not happen but going from t3 to t5 would most def happen and id say that shouldnt be the case. Im for more rewards for actualy getting to the higher difficulties and for different rarities in shards, thats what i think anyway.

i wrote part 2 in regard to your concerns