Upgrading items and testing builds and progressing with the game is flawed

So new patch is out YEH! because the game in it state before the patch was boring and easy.

Happy with the new patch beside the buggy rollers and the mobs glitching past defences and no intensive to play with others because it makes the game too damn hard to play due to the boost mobs get from more people in the game.

My biggest grip is the fact this is a new patch and we are all trying to work out whats what. 

No ipower level on items is a joke,Trying to work out if something is worth upgrading or not is dicey and costly.

The worst part about this game is you spend 280k to 580k upgrading item levels on items only to replace something and you get 150 to 300 gold back when you sell them. This is a disgrace

I have spent 10mil on upgrades trying and testing new this to work out the game as intended plus 10k in coins.

For your trouble you get back jack all when you sell your items.

Im to the point now i have very little gold left or coins and whats the point. You can t farm money and more and coins are dailys that are a pain in the backside to get the maps you want and a few hundred a day might let you upgrade 1 item here and there. 

Pathetic who ever came up with this concept.

Love to meet the people who design this so i could ask wtf mate are you on drugs?

Stop upgrading everything without thought? I barely spend 3 mil and 1k medals and i got everything upgraded..

Ok i see where your going with this. what about new players trying to progress who did not have the funds with the new patch like the rest of us.

Look at it from there point of view mate.

that or ipower the items like before or for the love of god put a c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 mark on them to show where they dropped.................................................

ipower would be better like the old days. good way to know if your upgrade is better or worse and not just a fing guess............

@Robolord quote:

Stop upgrading everything without thought? I barely spend 3 mil and 1k medals and i got everything upgraded..

That sounds crazy lol. I must have spent 40-50 mil and 4-5k medals. And i was cutting some corners.

@Swampdonkey quote:

Ok i see where your going with this. what about new players trying to progress who did not have the funds with the new patch like the rest of us.

Look at it from there point of view mate.

Correct me if im wrong. But a player coming fresh out of campaign will get a proper upgrade of gear once in chaos one right? So, he does a few waves of chaos 1, gets a upgrade, then continues to do chaos one a few more rounds to get better upgrades and upgrades for all his heroes, right? Any sensible player who would've played trough the campaign would've realised that upgrading everything one finds with 15/30/45 upgrade levels is a giant waste. He will continue to farm chaos one for the best items possible, constantly upgrading his gear pieces, maybe investing some in some better gear pieces untill he has the max C1 can offer. By this point he'd have done a easy 20 games of C1, allowing him to upgrade atleast 2 lvl 60 items fully with gold alone (taking 20k a game, which is quite realistic). The rest, he can easily upgrade with medals gained from 20 games of C1, making 500 medals, thats another 2 items fully upgraded. Lets also say he plays it over the course of 5 days (those 20 C1 games), in this time he can also complete atleast one daily mission a day and the weekly mission earning a average of 5x300+700 medals, making it 2200 medals, allowing him to upgrade another 8/9 items fully. So in a day, with lets say 2 hours of play a day with a bit more in the weekends. One could have fully upgraded and fully C1 geared towers and DPS (provided you dont use 10 different towers).

Basic shards are also not a huge problem after campaign/20 games of C1.

@Pegazul quote:

@Robolord quote:

That sounds crazy lol. I must have spent 40-50 mil and 4-5k medals. And i was cutting some corners.

Holy **** that's a lot. 3 millions is definitely not a lot, but 50 million and 5k medals, that's a lot lol. I think I spent like 30 millions and 2k medals. I'm not that far behind you, but I consider I used a lot of money and that I've upgraded too many stuffs.

Actually 3 million is quite a bit if you consider how much one map gives.  It's about 200 maps worth of gold.  With it you can apply 500 upgrade levels, which is approximately enough to upgrade 8-11 items.  To progress through chaos 1 you need to upgrade your DPS gear at least twice.  At least four items need to stay upgraded so that's eight upgrades.  A good enough player may get by without upgrading relics, but some shards are likely necessary.  So that's 200 maps to progress through a single difficulty.  Assuming the others are similar you'll have to play 1000 maps before you have anything resembling the best gear in the game.