How do you build a gunwitch these days?

been playing around on my abyss lord since the patch hit and i kind of want to try out my gunwitch again.

the problem is i have no clue what stats to go for, im currently farming c4 without any issues and doing the jump to c5 soon so i need something that is capable of doing c5

Most Gunwitches are using the Warlock's set now (Hero Health & Ability Power), my own included. Because you really only need a Gunwitch to burst DPS bosses or CC crowds, and for those purposes it doesn't matter if your primary attacks do lots of damage. Ability power helps you deliver those nice high bursts of damage, and Health helps you survive siege roller rockets long enough to melt them.

Probably AP/HH on the majority of your gear with maybe a piece or two of AP/HCD, if you can survive the assassins without HH on all your gear. To be on the safe side I'd say AP/HH on everything until you're comfortable with C5 and have C5 gear.

Unless you intend to use your AL the majority of the time and only switch to Gunwitch for bosses or for finishing off assassins. In that case, you may want to go full glass cannon, all AP/HCD. I've never used this method myself, so I can't vouch how well it works. I just know there have been a few people who say they do this with good success.

alrighty, pretty much the same stats my abyss lord is going for, so i can just switch my gear around to test out my gunwitch. thanks for the help ;)

Gunwitch abilities scale with AP so well, that going for anything but HH/AP is kind of dumb.
Prepare to get about 50-60k HP for Chaos 5. Hero Health is absolutely necessary.

I recommend against playing gunwitch. You get less relic drops cause most of the drops are for your active hero.

I like to max Ability Power and Scatter Sweep (ascension points and shards).  Very good for taking out bosses and those pesky geodes.

@Pegazul quote:

I recommend against playing gunwitch. You get less relic drops cause most of the drops are for your active hero.

Once you found the ultimate relic, it's just one relic that you have to find for each tower and you're done. Getting full perfect armor will take a lot longer for all your characters. I already found all capped c5 legendary 60 ups relics for the towers I'm using. I'm now playing with 4 gunwitches in my deck, just to force armor only drops and this helped me a lot for finding good armor pieces.

@Pegazul quote:

I haven't had this issue...I've still been getting relics dropping from mobs as well as chests and I have mostly been playing Gunwitch as my active DPS. Though if this is indeed the case then maybe I should switch back to my Abyss Lord if the relic drop chance is lowered on the Gunwitch...which would be....well...kinda stupid honestly...and sad since I really enjoy my Gunwitch.