Sign in to follow this  
Chappyy

another reason I don't like the current Trials Mode

I think a lot of people don't like the random map part. Well here is my new reason to not like it. My daily is to beat 3 castle maps. I don't have all day to play this game I have to go to work but I would like to not only do the daily but also do it while earning chaos shards. Well I just reloaded like 4 maps and keep getting siphon site D or life root forest. 

Here's what I think would be good. Make the practice maps not practice maps. Let them drop the same loot as the current trials map. Change the trials mode to increase loot quality and numbers of shards per victory chest slightly for each consecutive trial map you finish in a row. This to me makes more sense as a trials thing. It also gives incentive to do all the maps in the trials rotation instead of just reloading till you get the map you like.

Yeah such a drag, I thought trials were gonna be trials. We should have to complete all the maps for a reward i say then increase that reward. loading simulator can get boring especially if you wanna be lazy aswell and just do a casual map.

@In.Session quote:

Yeah such a drag, I thought trials were gonna be trials. We should have to complete all the maps for a reward i say then increase that reward. loading simulator can get boring especially if you wanna be lazy aswell and just do a casual map.

Agreed. This is yet another decision that makes 0 sense.

If there's no punishment for "losing" or "skipping" maps, why have them forced in the first place? (Albeit, I think it forces a new random team whenever you lose, not sure on this). 

The "Practice" mode should just be normal and give loot according to difficulty.

Then, the Trials would be sort of a "Raid" where you needed to complete at least 2 maps for the first reward -> 4 for the second and 6 total for the Grand Prize. (Guaranteed Legendary, Shard of your choice, etc..).

So much potential, so little done.

Yep, when you want a certain map and you need to reload 10 times.. Not to mention the server issues so once or twice i have to leave the game entirely and start again, just brilliant.

I'm one of those people that don't like the random map part, at least as it is right now.

I'm well in favor of renaming "practice" maps back to regular defense and make trial a seperate mode with slightly better or more or increasingly better drops. 

I'd also like them to just change the trial system to a completely seperate game mode with a secondary random aspect (not just random map) which is chosen in the beginning of a map. Like a random map modifier, random special waves or random (incursion like) side objectives. In combination with the random map aspect and the potential for rotations of maps as well as modifiers, this would increase trial replayability by a lot.

I just hate the fact that i have to spam g in the hope of a map I don't dislike (or even enjoy) or to finish dailies while also at least having a chance of getting some reward.

@Riddle quote:

Yep, when you want a certain map and you need to reload 10 times.. Not to mention the server issues so once or twice i have to leave the game entirely and start again, just brilliant.

Indeed. Over the span of 2-3 hours, ALOT of my time is wasted doing map rerolls.

I kinda like the random maps because it keeps me from repeating the same map over and over.  However it does not really mesh with the dailies that require beating a particular type of map.  The playlist should also cycle more often; doing the same five maps for a week in a row gets boring (and with how the upgrade costs and income are set up you will need to run them for a week or more to upgrade your gear to the next chaos tier).

I'm still trying to figure out why they decided to shoehorn us into only doing five maps (though it's really less if you consider that some maps just aren't worth bothering with if you roll them, like Buried Bastille or, hilariously enough unless you're really powerful, Siphon Site D).

I agree. It's one of the many stupid decisions in this game.

If we had say, 40 different maps and trials picked 5 out of those to play with a daily rotation, I could see it work.
Especially if they gave an incentive to doing them in a row, say better drop rate on loot and more shards per map completed in a row.

The fact is, we have around 20 or so maps, many of them being 2-3 years old and we're forced to replay them just "because" with no motivation for doing so other than its the only way to get CH loot \ Shards.

This isn't a god damn Moba. Trendy seem's to keep forgetting that.

Some kind of bonus for winning consecutive trials maps would indeed be nice.

Interesting point. Looks like we need to review our Dailies to make sure they align with our endgame goals. Thanks!

@iamisom quote:

Interesting point. Looks like we need to review our Dailies to make sure they align with our endgame goals. Thanks!

If you are going to remove the option of quitting a map and re-rolling it I'm gonna be so upset..! :(