Sign in to follow this  
kingoftime2013

loot drop rate

there need to be a shard that drop 5-10k gold base on chance(10%?) old and new players cant get gold to see if upgrades are worth it or not.

myths and legendary need to be at a higher drop rate at C3-5.  i am thinking this for end game chest

• C5 70% chance legendary . 20% chance myth and 10% blue. cant get green
  • C4 60% chance legendary .30 % chance myth and 10% blue. cant get green
  • C3 50% chance legendary . 30 chance myth and 10% blue and green.

I'm quite sure the end-game chest is also based on your gear just like the drops.
I get a lot of Legendary chests on Chaos 4 but only Mythical / Epic on Chaos 5.

Will report back when I get more Chaos 5 loot if that changes.

@ShadowBerry quote:

I'm quite sure the end-game chest is also based on your gear just like the drops.

Doubtful.  I haven't observed any relation between my gear and loot rarity.  It's just the stats that are affected.

Purple drops shouldn't be able to have 15 upgrade levels. Likewise legendarys shouldn't be able to have 15 & 30 upgrade levels.

It's kind of annoying when at max c4 gear my blue relic is better then a legendary simply because It had 30 more upgrade levels (it's not a small difference either). Less RNG the better.

@Lewp quote:

Purple drops shouldn't be able to have 15 upgrade levels. Likewise legendarys shouldn't be able to have 15 & 30 upgrade levels.

This would be a good way to reduce some of the frustration with loot without touching rarity drop chances. In the end the effect would basically be the same as an increase in mythical/legendary drops.

Hard to tell what's better concerning player encouragement / fun factor / feeling of reward.

Getting poor loot, end game chests and BS shards is killing my enthusiasm.

Loot needs to be better.

@iamisom quote:

From what I've read about loot progression, the core issue is that players do not enjoy or don't understand that they need to equip gear on all decked heroes in order to find upgrades. Is this correct? If we changed this to only drop based on your highest hero, do you think that would solve the frustration you're experiencing?

My problem is leveling up is not as intuitive as it used to be. completing harder maps should ALWAYS drop better gear. I don't care about leeching or the impact that has because honestly how long would those players stay anyway? Too much focus is on micromanagement and not on the actual gameplay. We already have to spend way too much time sorting through everything after every map and now we can't get better gear without already having the best equipped? Just give us gear/shards/relics and let us play our way. 

Dungeon Defenders was the game that brought me and my fiance together but she doesn't stay on the forums or watch every Youtube video to help her play. It used to be she could play her way and I could pick up the slack but now she forced her to play heroes in a way she doesn't even care about. 

This amount of work is uncalled for even in a strategy game. We should be able to just play and have all the necessary tools IN GAME. Relying on forums and Youtube just to figure out what the heck is going on is ridiculous.

@The Falcon Hunter quote:

@iamisom quote:

From what I've read about loot progression, the core issue is that players do not enjoy or don't understand that they need to equip gear on all decked heroes in order to find upgrades. Is this correct? If we changed this to only drop based on your highest hero, do you think that would solve the frustration you're experiencing?

My problem is leveling up is not as intuitive as it used to be. completing harder maps should ALWAYS drop better gear. I don't care about leeching or the impact that has because honestly how long would those players stay anyway? Too much focus is on micromanagement and not on the actual gameplay. We already have to spend way too much time sorting through everything after every map and now we can't get better gear without already having the best equipped? Just give us gear/shards/relics and let us play our way. 

Dungeon Defenders was the game that brought me and my fiance together but she doesn't stay on the forums or watch every Youtube video to help her play. It used to be she could play her way and I could pick up the slack but now she forced her to play heroes in a way she doesn't even care about. 

This amount of work is uncalled for even in a strategy game. We should be able to just play and have all the necessary tools IN GAME. Relying on forums and Youtube just to figure out what the heck is going on is ridiculous.

This is pretty much the general feeling about this loot system that makes no sense and i've never seen in any other game, period.

This also exacerbates the problem with upgrade costs a lot - having to upgrade your gear solely to be able to get better drops from doing that SAME map you were already able to do without said upgrades is just... upsetting to say the least. Upgrading your gear should be a decision you make to be able to do harder maps more comfortably (or at all), not to be able to drop gear that will instantly replace all the gear you just upgraded.

@The Falcon Hunter quote:

@iamisom quote:

+1 to bolded.

It blows my mind how much effort people will spend attempting to prevent others from being carried or "leeching." It's like obsessively worrying about people using cheats in a single player game. Let people do what they want, it's not hurting anything!

@iamisom quote:

Yes. Either that or have it based on your active hero. Most people are working around the issue by only having 1 hero in their deck and i am sure that's not something you want or encourage.

@Hinato quote:

How can this ever be called a "perfect" solution. I guarantee you now that this would lead to a vast majority of players having 1 dump char in the deck that just has as high ipwr as possible.

Having 1 deck slot for a "loot pusher" is as far from perfect as having only 1 hero in the deck. This would solve nothing, just make it a little more comfortable to optimize loot

--> Having 1 hero slot reserved for the max loot dude instead of after building removing all heroes but this guy

This would not be an issue if it was based on your active hero, and considering that your average gear level is determined primarily by armor/weapon, the highest geared hero will probably be your dps.

"This would not be an issue if it was based on your active hero, and considering that your average gear level is determined primarily by armor/weapon, the highest geared hero will probably be your dps."

Not quite true. I'm currently using a Witch as DPS and using junk gear would actually hurt my overall mob management. I won't even mention dropping megashark might be effective but not cool.

Also i used two secondary for boss (Hunt) and roller (Monk). Meaning i would need junk gear on them too since they are active when boss die.

That's a LOT of gear to be found before having max drop.

For me there is several thing that should be done :

- Base drop on max gear in inventory or equiped (might be different for each piece of gear) Probably hard to do, though.

- Use potential and not current stats of said gear. It just feel stupid to enchant a piece of gear just to get better drop ... I have quite a bunch of money and medal to waste but i don't think everyone got 82M after patch ...

- Raise the drop stats allowed with a specific current gear. Currently equipping full enchanted c3 mtyhical gear give you drop in c4 with 300 less stats on armor. In fact it encourages people to get carried since farming his own gear in 'lower' chaos is a waste of time.

I am happy with the loot that drops and the frequency of its drops. I do not enjoy green chests on C5, but to enjoy a legendary chest more you need the chances of a green.

I would like a way of controlling which shards I get, because that is game breaking without having the correct shards. A shop (though they would keep dropping randomly from maps also) to buy with medals would be decent, but not sure. Maybe with a cap on how many you can buy per week.

I do not however like the way I have to gear to force drops... that is frustrating and a massive waste of gold and medals.

After reading about item drops based on currently equipped gear I lost interest. I have cleared higher difficulties but because I don't want to upgrade my current gear I will not progress. The system is ridiculous. My preference would be to let all maps drop the same item level based on difficulty alone, on top of this please allow us to select the map we want to play. Who cares if people will pick the easiest map to farm, player choice is ultimately what matters (Still hoping for open private to public and host kick controls). You can encourage players to explore different maps offering unique weapon models or shards, that's more than enough.

I agree with [[150185,users]] I am happy with the loot frequency. At this point I've pretty much resigned myself to C1 for that elusive range increase shard to make tower defense more preferable. Having said that I have played countless games and haven't seen a single one, I'm approaching ascendancy level 100 if that gives any perspective on amount played. A way of controlling which shard I get would be welcome. I am really enjoying the shard system though, just need some stacking and filters to make inventory a little more manageable.

@Yuwee quote:

My preference would be to let all maps drop the same item level based on difficulty alone, on top of this please allow us to select the map we want to play. Who cares if people will pick the easiest map to farm, player choice is ultimately what matters (Still hoping for open private to public and host kick controls). You can encourage players to explore different maps offering unique weapon models or shards, that's more than enough.

I agree with this. If there is an easiest map trendy should be able to identify this easily (e.g. looking out how often which map is played). Then they could easily make changes to the enemy stats or enemy spawning to bring the map in line with others of the same chaos tier.

Loving the feedback so far. Thank you!

@MushroomCake28 quote:

I think the problem isn't the rarity, I'm totally fine with it. I've never been this happy when a legendary drops. The point is more that legendaries and myhicals shouldn't have 15 upgrades.

Agreed. I'll bring this up with the rest of the team.

@Pegazul quote:

Getting a legendary defense item in C5 is like xmas. Then when you look at it and it has less than 60 ups its like getting a kick in the nuts from santa xD.

Best post of the thread. 

@iamisom quote:

Loving the feedback so far. Thank you!

@MushroomCake28 quote:

I think the problem isn't the rarity, I'm totally fine with it. I've never been this happy when a legendary drops. The point is more that legendaries and myhicals shouldn't have 15 upgrades.

Agreed. I'll bring this up with the rest of the team.

@Pegazul quote:

Getting a legendary defense item in C5 is like xmas. Then when you look at it and it has less than 60 ups its like getting a kick in the nuts from santa xD.

Best post of the thread. 

Oh jesus mary joseph and the orphans, I wanted to say this but I always seemed to forget to mention it! Thank the magic spaghetti monster in the sky you have seen this feedback!