Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Patch 19.2 Notes and Discussion

Instead of sitting here complaining ill actually give feedback.

UI Changes

All are welcome changes, however I would still like the ability to preview an upgrade before we make it and also allow us to compare a gears base (unupgraded) stats, so we can compare with new drops.

Enemy Changes

Halving EMP time is fine by my that's a welcome change. But I feel like there are more important enemy's that need to be looked at.

Geodes are obviously a problem as many people have said it just limits are ability to play the game. Although I feel like your saving this for the announcement next week, but some welcome changes would be either the shield only blocking like 50% of projectiles or giving the shield a health total that when it gets to 0 the Geode needs to recharge for 5 seconds or whatever.

Siege Roller's also just blatantly limit design, its not so bad in lower difficulty but at high chaos levels every piece of green mana matters (#GreenManaLivesMatter), and having to rebuild a lane is a waste of a lot of mana. So naturally no one uses Traps/Auras in chaos. The only Trap that sees play is Snaking Sands, and that's only because it costs 20 mana and you never have to upgrade it, so its an acceptable loss. Someone made the suggestion in a thread (can't remember who), that when Traps/Auras die they just deactivate like the World Tree does. I for one love that idea and I cant think of a reason why you shouldn't do this.

Hero Changes

Abyss Lord

Abyss Lord was clearly the best dps, fine nerf.

Apprentice

While I agree that the Arcane Barrier needed a health nerfs as its health to DU ratio was to high putting it to the same as other Walls of the DU kills it straight up. Right now there is absolutely no reason to use Arcane Barrier over Viper Fangs. Viper Fangs has the same health with the added benefit of CC. Arcane Barrier needs to have more health then other Walls at its DU just not as much as it was.

Dryad

Nimbus was blatantly broken and it needed the nerf. However the range "nerf" I actually feel like its a buff in disguise because no longer will nimbus run off to other lanes thinking its a hero. I haven't played since this update went live but with it getting benefits from Defense Speed and its already good scaling with crit. I feel Nimbus could still be very good but ill need to play to no for sure.

Never played with Harpy's or Hornet's this patch so I have no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

World Tree upgrade cost nerf was coming sooner or later and everyone knew it, fine by me.

While Slime's weren't touched I'm going to comment on them anyway. Slime's do not need to deal alot of damage as they will always be out classes by Hornets. What slime's need to be is the Dryads utility tower. So Trendy Buckle up because your actually going to have to do work if you do this. Add the following either as base to the tower or as Shards.

• Lava Slime causes enemies to catch on fire.
  • Ice Slime causes enemies to slow.
  • Mother Slime once exploded creates more little slimes.
  • Umbrella Slime causes drench.
  • Corrupt Slime causes Oil.
  • Bunny Slime wears a bunny mask.

Or you could just buff the dmg. But that would be way more fun.

Gunwitch

Perma Book was OP fine by me.

Huntress

I'm just going to assume that base 30% Crit Chance on PDT was never intended in the first place. I feel like the Halving the crit dmg on PDT is to much along with the Crit Chance fix. Turning it to 3-4 would of been better IMO.

Mystic

I get it you don't want something that's both a Wall and does CC to have better CC then a tower that just does CC. So this nerf is fine by me.

Lavamancer

Same with Viper's Fangs but the only reason people used Maw was because it could 1 shot Rollers now that that's fixed Maw will go back to being the ugly duckling and being mad fun of by all the other cheaper Walls. So pretty unnecessary nerf IMO, but its not like it was going to be used anyway.

Series EV2

Never used it heard it was OP so thumbs up?

Shard Changes

I feel not many people used this shard anyway, so I don't really see the point of nerfing so far into the ground that its basically just an auto sell. Why not just remove it and give people there gold back? Because it kinda looks like you regret making it or something. What did it do to you? It could of had a family, you monsters.

I'm all for the bug fixes, and I actually agree with nerfing the towers to bring them into equivalence. However, Nimbus is 100 DUs which is far too much for what it now does (since I can get much more DPS out of 2 Flamethrowers and 1 SGT for only 10 more DU), 40 or 50 DU would be more reasonable.

I personally would like to see Nimbus as a huge cloud generating trap with massive radius and with only 1 per character like its Volcano (needs love) and Obelisk (heading for a nerfing I guess) cousins.

When is the whole "Increasing Slow Speed is actually decreasing it" gonna be fixed? or we just all ignoring that?

I really don't have hope anymore in them, i mean PDT needed a nerf but wow you went way overboard on it like always ( 900k dps to 70k LOL c4-c5 gears good luck killing anything with those ) , the only remaining viable towers for C3 and beyond are now the Flamethrower/Ramster/Skyguard and all this after 6 month of intense balancing, amazing Trendy. 

so i guess its time to quit again and wait for another content.

played for 48 hrs total (so 48 hrs in a week) since the new content came in and now i cant find any motivation to play after this patch...

well good thing i didnt buy dryad and just used the DM to upgrade my stuffs since i used up all my gold from upgrading since chaos 2 to chaos 4.

we can only use a handful of towers to delay a lane from getting destroyed while we kill 1 lane at a time. from tower defense to hero defense with a tower support.

@iamisom quote:
  • The Item Comparison tooltip now displays +/- Number of Upgrades

I think this misses the point.  The issue is not comparing the number of upgrades, it's seeing what the stats will be after the item is fully upgraded.  If I'm wearing an item with 1000 stat and 45/45 upgrades and an item with 800 stat and 0/60 upgrades drops, it doesn't really help to know that  the new item has 15 more upgrade levels when I have no idea what its stats will be after all those upgrades.

@tdb quote:
@iamisom quote:
  • The Item Comparison tooltip now displays +/- Number of Upgrades

I think this misses the point.  The issue is not comparing the number of upgrades, it's seeing what the stats will be after the item is fully upgraded.  If I'm wearing an item with 1000 stat and 45/45 upgrades and an item with 800 stat and 0/60 upgrades drops, it doesn't really help to know that  the new item has 15 more upgrade levels when I have no idea what its stats will be after all those upgrades.

The thing will only let me like this post once So I am quoting to show 1000000000 likes and exactly right!!!!!!!!!

Worst patch in history of gaming. ONLY nerf of defences.. I think is time to stop playing this game since my friends already stopped as well cause of those one way of your side decisions to change things..
You called it "end game update" 1 week ago the big changes and you totally rekt it with those nerfs..

Haven't you stopped already playing it recently? Anyway, good defenders never leave battlefield..... traitors are better off gone skeleton.png

@sakis2011 quote:

Worst patch in history of gaming. ONLY nerf of defences.. I think is time to stop playing this game since my friends already stopped as well cause of those one way of your side decisions to change things..
You called it "end game update" 1 week ago the big changes and you totally rekt it with those nerfs..

and what about nerfs not listed here? my friend just logged in and said some of his defences are weaker....for example dryad tree has less hp or nimbus has now 39 k dmg instead of 60 before this hotfix?

with changes like this already all my friends left the game.. i stayed to give it a chance at the endgame update but this is final hit.. we have exremly low knowledge on ALL defences cause we dont have see all defences since we dont have all the shards.. and a nerf on defences comes to prove what?! cause a bounce of people reached Chaos 5 and they dont wanna that? you can easily increase the level of the mobs at chaos 5 instead of nerf a defence that use the majority of the game to beat chaos 1 or chaos 2. 
Also no comment on your "didn't you stopped already playing recently" your personal attacks hold them to people you know in person. i am judging the patch update and the harm it does to the game and not people here..

@MamaTata quote:

Haven't you stopped already playing it recently? Anyway, good defenders never leave battlefield..... traitors are better off gone skeleton.png

@sakis2011 quote:

Iamisom

These nerfs should not have launched until there are other viable towers to use. What you have effectively done is cut down the useable towers from 4 to 2. 

Following the logic trendy is using. The next patch notes will read. Flamethrowers and ramsters have been nerfed. They will do 1/3 of the damage, They will have half the range.

What trendy has effectivly done is force us to be restricted to what towers we build from 4 towers to 2. This is great game diversity. Rather than fix game breaking issues they nerf half the towers that make the game playable.

I suggest everyone do what i am doing and take a break from this game. Maybe next patch they will get their priorities straight? If not RIP DD2

\  T

I do have to agree with what some people are complaining about with this patch but I also agree that everything wont be fixed just within two weeks. I mean I have seen people clear the higher chaos maps using aura's and such but as people have also mentioned it does need that range shard. I got my first around ascension level 25 and I am 33 right now and still looking for more myself and this is my personal opinion on things but I like the way the game is a bit difficult right now...makes me feel like I earned the stuff I have when I have that clutch moment of winning maps. I was the type of person that didn't like the fact that I was able to go right into NM4 right off the bat with how the game was before but of course I am also a glutton for punishment and don;t mind grindy games as much as others do. I am also the type of person tht will give a game the benefit of a doubt and stick with it and see how it goes....I did it with WoW....I did it with ESO....I even did it with Defiance and I will do it again with DD2, but of course I am one of the rare snowflakes it seems that is actually having fun and trying to figure out how to make things viable....but that's just me.

everything needs a nerf, this is supposed to be an "endgame update" but it takes less time to get from c1 -c5 than it does to finish the short campaign, so maybe "endgame" was just a joke? 

@Ezazhel quote:

@MrB255 quote:

As i expected. A big nerf to any towers, and hero that was still viable. wtf...

I just used even more gems to get the dryad, so i could get the only tower with worth anymore. And now you nerf the nimbus to heck.. Yet another bunch of gems wasted. 

Now i have 3 duplicate heroes, and 3 empty slots, not worth a dang. There is literally nothing to use them for. And the gems are ofcours not refundable (About 3000 gems). This game Is a freaking click-bait for using real money ain't it.

I knew this would happen when they made it a f2p game. Lots of noob leecher players making it only solo viable. And all the freaking click-bate and gem wasting traps. ffs...

You know, you are complaining but no one is forcing you to buy Gems. You can just grind some medals (3 week) and buy a new hero. You are not patient... don't complain about buying with gems you had the choice

I never said i bought the gems. I got them from buying the game.

See if you pre-ordered the game, you could have alpha before everyone else for 60 or so, dollars. BUT. After it suddenly was announced it was gonna be f2p, i got a lot of gems instead. (After all i would never waste money on gems. But Trendy figured out a smart way to get ppl to pay anyways) And with nothing else to use gems on, i bought a bunch of heroes and hero slots. And they are all useless now. So far my 60 dollars have given me a huge waste of money.So it really should not be a wonder it annoys me now. 

Why are all these white knights defending this game? I understand not every game is perfectly balanced, but they're not usually this bad off. Doesn't matter what we say, Trendy will just let it fall on deaf ears anyways. Seems like every time people bring up an issue about their game, they go the opposite direction. If they listened, maybe they'd have more player base. The majority seem to agree that your current path/priorities aren't too favorable. 

It's official, Trendy doesn't know crap about making a game anymore and DD2 is on the path to a completely worthless piece of trash game. Possibly one of the worst moves game devs have ever done in the history of gaming. So Trendy, if you were aiming at being the worst game devs ever, Good Job! You accomplished it. Now either fix this worthless piece of crap and get your priorities straight, or for the love of god, take this god aweful eyesore of a coding bag down so we dont have to look at it anymore.

I'm pretty sure nobody at Trendy even plays this game and at this point is nothing more but a cash grab for them. They release a patch without any play testing at all and then after 1 week of people giving good and thoughtful criticism on what needs to be done/balanced they just mess things up more. They obviously have no clue what they're doing

Instead of listening to player feedback after the trials update, you completely ignored your community and did the exact opposite of what they wanted.

I have to wonder if Trendy is purposefully trying to kill this game.

While I did post earlier about my displeasure about where things are now (and for the record still feel that displeasure), they did say they have more changes coming. I agree that maybe the order of these changes is very inconvenient, but I don't think the game will die. 

Let's just take a break for a while, let some things settle in after a huge update, and I'm sure it will be fine. When all these kinks are worked out, I really think things will be better than they were before. I hated how gear was before. This is a step in the right direction. Some of my friends hated how easy things were before, and now with different types of enemies and higher monster stats it's a challenge again. There are a lot of good things from this massive update. Let's give them some time to fix it, of course with some honest feedback in the process. 

Loved this game! But now ... not so much :(

Lots of effort required for very little reward. If only we could pick our trial chaos maps. A waste of time playing the practice maps - not even the chance of upgrading gear.

More time should have been spent on how upgraded gear drops would work for NM4 players. So now I am stuck between can only consistently play and win 1 map in chaos 3 trials, with low chance of upgrading items - specifically relics for defenses which I have seen very little of (never mind upgrades to what I have). It should not be up to players to figure out what item/slot/hero is causing low gear drops.

At this stage I am probably better off starting form scratch. Or just uninstalling the game and moving on considering all the time I invested and have to reinvest now. I am an casual to avid player but this progression is geared towards elite players.

I agree with some of the comments in terms of why nerf towers before addressing gear drops.

Why like this? This was a TD game, good to help your towers it makes this game hybrid, but now you trying to make the hack&slash with REQUIRED co-op. You REALLY think the fans love the game for this??? No, we are not. All you need to do it's unique shards, more levels, more maps more difficulties, but not make the already difficult harder! 

You moved all drop to the end-waves? Ok i'am agreed it makes sense, but now i can't finish even chaos 1! Why? because all passive defences (towers) are nerfed, enemies overpowered, the ~15 games those i can't win with all the mechanics. And you can't just nerf the enemies! You will not get your popularity again with just nerf enemies on Ch1m, you need to make the game difficulty scaled again, when you playing Ch1 for a time and can get the cool stuff to start farm Ch2, then Ch3 and then Ch4 and all the superdelicious godlike shards, unique gear etc on CH5 which you can complete in good team with good gear farmed on Ch4. But for now balance is a crap.

Play it yourself, trendy.

I owe the Defense Council an apology. I blamed you for giving bad advice to Trendy and cheering this "hotfix" on. Now I understand that Trendy didn't consult with you before releasing this patch. However, to the "white knights" who are defending the patch, on behalf of my self and probably alot more, I give you the finger. Because that is effectively what you are doing when you say "I'm so proud of Trendy for not listening to the whining masses, and doing what is RIGHT". It's actually a great acrobatical maneuver to be able to clap and give us the finger at the same time.

This patch is obviously NOT the right way of doing business. It's not a country and international politics we are talking about here where the governing body has to make some tough, unpopular choices. It's a game which people play and pay for in their free time to enjoy and have fun. Trendy is loosing track of what is important and it is threatening the very same big picture which you think justifies doing patches like this.

@krsans78 quote:

I owe the Defense Council an apology. I blamed you for giving bad advice to Trendy and cheering this "hotfix" on. Now I understand that Trendy didn't consult with you before releasing this patch. However, to the "white knights" who are defending the patch, on behalf of my self and probably alot more, I give you the finger. Because that is effectively what you are doing when you say "I'm so proud of Trendy for not listening to the whining masses, and doing what is RIGHT". It's actually a great acrobatical maneuver to be able to clap and give us the finger at the same time.

This patch is obviously NOT the right way of doing business. It's not a country and international politics we are talking about here where the governing body has to make some tough, unpopular choices. It's a game which people play and pay for in their free time to enjoy and have fun. Trendy is loosing track of what is important and it is threatening the very same big picture which you think justifies doing patches like this.

This. So much this.

These guys believe we're complaining for the sake of complaining. But guess what, We're doing so cause things are NOT OK. We LOVE this game, and that's why we're so passionate about it and get the pitchforks when something is NOT RIGHT.

So please, take your "Git Gud" comments and shove them elsewhere. Get a brain, get some fresh set of eyes, cause 90% of the people complaining ( some are pure haters, granted) have more than valid reasons to do so.
Even more, most of "us" don't mind the changes, it's the way they were implemented that cause this ***storm. 

Nerfing before fixing shiat ; Pidgeon Holing gameplay etc..

"We" welcome changes. "We" want the game to grow. But "we" will not stand by waiting for XYZ weeks/months of a crap patch just cause we're promised fixes and better stuff.

Enough is Enough. The " we're working on it" ; "it will work out in the end" ; "You just need to keep playing" approach is no longer valid. 

This Patch is SHIAT. For all the good intentions it had, it fell flat. So telling people to stop playing for a while is one of the most retarded answers I've ever seen a white knight use. I can be banned from these forums for such insults, but I can no longer sit by and hear comments like this.

IF a company releases content that is not working and the workaround is to stop playing, even if for a while, the company FAILED. 

This was their BIG patch. Their "game Changer" . It sure did change the game.