[Early Access] Patch 19.2 Notes and Discussion

@MrB255 quote:

As i expected. A big nerf to any towers, and hero that was still viable. wtf...

I just used even more gems to get the dryad, so i could get the only tower with worth anymore. And now you nerf the nimbus to heck.. Yet another bunch of gems wasted. 

Now i have 3 duplicate heroes, and 3 empty slots, not worth a dang. There is literally nothing to use them for. And the gems are ofcours not refundable (About 3000 gems). This game Is a freaking click-bait for using real money ain't it.

I knew this would happen when they made it a f2p game. Lots of noob leecher players making it only solo viable. And all the freaking click-bate and gem wasting traps. ffs...

You know, you are complaining but no one is forcing you to buy Gems. You can just grind some medals (3 week) and buy a new hero. You are not patient... don't complain about buying with gems you had the choice

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I get a refund for my radiant power shard? Things are pretty expensive in the trials update and it's painful to know I just wasted money.

Also is the rarity of the range shard intended then? I'm on day 5 of looking for it. Literally days.

@Chappyy quote:

I am happy that OP not as intended things are balanced now unlike the old PDT that caused players to become dependent on them as opposed to trying other things. I am a bit sad nothing was said about the range shard drop rate. As far as the "other more pressing things" I wish I knew what Trendy's version of more pressing things is. 

there is no range shard thingy... there are just hundreds of shards and you cant really expect to have them all

the problem is as usual lthere are a bunch of totally random too good items and a majority of useless ones that makes the rng boring and frustrating

@Elyssae quote:

Is this for real Trendy ? Did you even read the feedback people posted for the last couple days ever since the patch dropped? 

This is absolutely ridiculous now. Whatever direction or vision you have for the game, it's not being translated correctly to your implementation. Please fix stuff before nerfing what's working to the ground! jesus this is like a childish tantrum to destroy the other kid's toys just cause they found a way to play without you.

As posted before : 

TLDR version:

• Did not make any defenses more viable.
  • Made several defenses less viable.

Yeah they read the smart ppl stuff not the crybabies whines, clouds were to be nerfed, same as PDT and radiant power.

That is the correct way of patching for once, first bring all stuff on par, then you can eventually buff them or nerf enemies etc, but buffing everything randomly would be a great mistake.

I'm crossing my fingers that these changes they have coming soon involve being able to use other heroes again... They went and gave the monk a new aura... but you can't use Auras past Chaos 1... might as well give me the serenity aura back because soon it will just be walls that heroes stand in front of and kill as much as they can before they die. 

I love the new challenge.... I like that I had to build things to shoot shield goblins in the back instead of the face. I liked that I could think again of new ways to defend. I got to try hero defenses I hadn't touched for a while, and I got to play around with things.... Then I left Chaos 1. The other 4/5ths of the new game became even more narrow than PDT rule. 

I hate that most of my heroes are so worthless. DD1: They added spiders that would drop down behind your defenses and web them (making them less effective but not worthless)... They had djinn that flew up and messed up your defenses if you didn't respond right away. DD2: an orc walks by and all auras and traps are trash. A little orb makes your projectile towers kill yourself (which would be fine if I didn't also have to deal with siege rollers on the other side of the map)... yup, all we got left soon is walls to slow them down and hope we can hero kill everything ourselves. 

Please... please let these changes you mention give me the feeling I had first going into Chaos 1. 

Noob leechers - not fixed

Stats on towers other players - not fixed after many years

Dark bugssassins - not fixed

Dungeon defenders II - not fixed but nerfed. A lot of content was removed.

Whats the point of this update? To make it more difficult? If i dont use flamethrowers im done for above chaos 3? Maybe im overreacting but i dont get it... as if "The Shard Quest" wasnt the most boring thing ever made in history of gaming (at least for me), random farming chaos 1 to get bunch of useless shards and even worse finishing chaos 3-4 maps to get campaign shard masked as chaos 4 shard is most frustrating thing i ever seen..,

@Allusir quote:

I'm crossing my fingers that these changes they have coming soon involve being able to use other heroes again... They went and gave the monk a new aura... but you can't use Auras past Chaos 1... might as well give me the serenity aura back because soon it will just be walls that heroes stand in front of and kill as much as they can before they die. 

I love the new challenge.... I like that I had to build things to shoot shield goblins in the back instead of the face. I liked that I could think again of new ways to defend. I got to try hero defenses I hadn't touched for a while, and I got to play around with things.... Then I left Chaos 1. The other 4/5ths of the new game became even more narrow than PDT rule. 

I hate that most of my heroes are so worthless. DD1: They added spiders that would drop down behind your defenses and web them (making them less effective but not worthless)... They had djinn that flew up and messed up your defenses if you didn't respond right away. DD2: an orc walks by and all auras and traps are trash. A little orb makes your projectile towers kill yourself (which would be fine if I didn't also have to deal with siege rollers on the other side of the map)... yup, all we got left soon is walls to slow them down and hope we can hero kill everything ourselves. 

Please... please let these changes you mention give me the feeling I had first going into Chaos 1. 

You can use auras past chaos 1, but you need to have range shards.

@mmm quote:

@Chappyy quote:

I am happy that OP not as intended things are balanced now unlike the old PDT that caused players to become dependent on them as opposed to trying other things. I am a bit sad nothing was said about the range shard drop rate. As far as the "other more pressing things" I wish I knew what Trendy's version of more pressing things is. 

there is no range shard thingy... there are just hundreds of shards and you cant really expect to have them all

the problem is as usual lthere are a bunch of totally random too good items and a majority of useless ones that makes the rng boring and frustrating

you're joking right? I have already received many many duplicates in C1. It isn't a matter of hundreds of shards because of the 200 shards they talked about they are spread over 5 chaos levels. So there isn't a really good reason why someone can do over 50 C1 maps and only ever get the same 3 to 4 shards. I don't believe for one moment that all C1 shards have the same drop rate. 

@mmm quote:

@Elyssae quote:

Is this for real Trendy ? Did you even read the feedback people posted for the last couple days ever since the patch dropped? 

This is absolutely ridiculous now. Whatever direction or vision you have for the game, it's not being translated correctly to your implementation. Please fix stuff before nerfing what's working to the ground! jesus this is like a childish tantrum to destroy the other kid's toys just cause they found a way to play without you.

As posted before : 

TLDR version:

Yeah they read the smart ppl stuff not the crybabies whines, clouds were to be nerfed, same as PDT and radiant power.

That is the correct way of patching for once, first bring all stuff on par, then you can eventually buff them or nerf enemies etc, but buffing everything randomly would be a great mistake.

For real?

No. The correct way of patching is to fix whats broken and THEN scale the balance accordingly. 

Nerfing outright without fixing what's broken and provide no balance to compensate is just plain stupid. Because while you wait for stuff to get buffed, the playerbase will be scratching their heads out of frustration and stop playing. Either for a while or for good. 

That's not good patch nor hotfix implementation. This patch started bad, and it's only getting worse. 

Fix the damn game first, then do a balance pass on DU/Towers/enemies.

@Elyssae quote:

@mmm quote:

@Elyssae quote:

As posted before : 

TLDR version:

For real?

No. The correct way of patching is to fix whats broken and THEN scale the balance accordingly. 

Nerfing outright without fixing what's broken and provide no balance to compensate is just plain stupid. Because while you wait for stuff to get buffed, the playerbase will be scratching their heads out of frustration and stop playing. Either for a while or for good. 

That's not good patch nor hotfix implementation. This patch started bad, and it's only getting worse. 

Fix the damn game first, then do a balance pass on DU/Towers/enemies.

This is correct. How can you balance things if you have mobs and mechanics not working correctly. 

Trendy i love you guys, no sarcasm, i really love you right now.

Even though 90% of forum traffic is people whining about the difficulty of the game, you nerfed the towers that made it easy to get deep into the chaos realm, and they really needed the nerf.

I havent been able to play as much as i would like due to other projects, but from the more or less 10 hours i put into the game since the last patch at least 5 of them have been comfortably farming C4 without any difficulties. I really was afraid that once i get more than 2 destruction shards and maybe even a range shard C5 will be as easy as NM4 used to be post resistance-removal.

But you proved me wrong, you stood up to your promise that you want C5 to be ridiculously hard to complete and i hope your knees will be able to hold the ***storm that you are getting right now.

Kudos to you Trendy

2 Things on a sidenote: Knights of the abyss is way to strong right now and if you can find a way to make shards less random that would be pretty neat. (The suggestion with pick one of 3 randoms seems good to me)

Ok I would like to write down some things that i think will make the game more playable:

- at first I really hate the fact that with the new mobs you took out the build variability, some towers and especially traps seem to me like they have no place in the game

- incursions, i hope you are working on them, no reason to play them right now :)

- daily quests and especially the weekly ones, with the new shard mechanic i would like to see that you get shards also from doing those quests, and also see less win 1 incursion quests (its weekly not daily)

- full bags of shards, i would like to see something like shard combiner where you combine 3 shards to get 1 absolutely different, I am not a huge fan of throwing shards on the ground

- boring shards, it seems to me that there are few viable shards and they are mostly about numbers, i like customization, new mechanics, maybe some ways to counter the new mobs with them

- gold, whats the point of having second currency that is used for fewer things, i would like to see that the defender medals will be used for buying new heroes, (maybe tower skins), hero skins etc., cause they are harder to get and there should be something to reward players that play this game often (remove the chests please)

- my friend is having problems with dryad´s starfall, the stars not always fall to the ground so they do not deal damage and give celestial power

- siege roller, when you make a mob so big rework the terrain or at least add some instakill mechanic cause i hate to turn off the game because one siege roller got stuck in spawn

- shards icons, please make the icons for the shards different, maybe add the hero faces on them or item icons so we can quickly find the shards for pieces we want

Overall i enjoy the game more than i used to, but it still needs a lot of attention, if you want some help or ideas contact me :D, i´ll do it cause i love the game even tho i´ve never won any giveaway. Sorry for my English, just basic school knowlege.

I hope you´ll read this, bye!!

why people think fix problem xyz is done in 1-2 days?????????? and why people think they have to clear c4-5 after a week????? you are the first that leave the game and say the content is to easy 

its good that you nerf op towers, im only worried that range shard still isnt any easier to get now, it takes forever, and would make a lot of things more viable ;d

What is going on Trendy?  you nerfed the towers and skills that made this trials patch tolerable.  instead of making more options viable, you made far less viable. not to mention the horrid drop chance for the better shards.  I bought into this game to play a tower defense with RPG elements.  Now it has become an ARPG where towers are pretty much useless.  Had I known this was the course the game was to take, i would not have invested the time or money that I have. 

I may come back some day should the game ever become a TOWER defense game again...but it doesnt seem likely. 

Goodbye Trendy

@Golmik quote:

Ok I would like to write down some things that i think will make the game more playable:

- at first I really hate the fact that with the new mobs you took out the build variability, some towers and especially traps seem to me like they have no place in the game

- incursions, i hope you are working on them, no reason to play them right now :)

- daily quests and especially the weekly ones, with the new shard mechanic i would like to see that you get them also from doing those quests, and also see less win 1 incursion (its weekly not daily)

- full bags of shards, i would like to see something like shard combiner where you combine 3 shards to get 1 absolutely different

- boring shards, it seems to me that there are few viable shards and they are mostly about numbers, i like customization, new mechanics, maybe some ways to counter the new mobs with them

- gold, whats the point of having second currency that is used for fewer things, i would like to see that the defender medals will be used for buying new heroes, (maybe tower skins), hero skins etc., cause they are harder to get and there should be something to reward players that play this game often

- my friend is having problems with dryad´s starfall, the stars not always fall to the ground so they do not deal damage and give celestial power

- siege roller, when you make a mob so big rework the terrain or at least add some instakill mechanic cause i hate to turn off the game because one siege roller got stuck in spawn

- shards icons, please make the icons for the shards different, maybe add the hero faces on them or item icons so we can quickly find the shards for pieces we want

Overall i enjoy the game more than i used to, but it still needs a lot of attention, if you want some help or ideas contact me :D, i´ll do it cause i love the game even tho i´ve never won any giveaway. Sorry for my English, just basic school knowlege.

I hope you´ll read this, bye!!

if your friend is as smart as me he throws the stars into mob groups, hitting the shield of the goblins wich delete projectiles and thous the stars :P

@iamisom quote:

@Scyphoza quote:

I'm seeing tower nerfs but not many fixes for how the new special units spawn. We are pretty much down to just flamethrower and ramsters right now. Can we get some love to make other towers viable again overall?

That's part of the bigger changes we're hoping to make. Should have more details either at the end of this week or next week.

i'm looking forward for more nerfs.

EDIT: I hope Trendy would actually look at users feedback about updates/patches.

Mmhmm, mmhmm, nerf, nerf, and buff emp orc.   Ok doesn't effect how I am afk farming c1.  Back to Ole Farmer Mickydees.  

After this patch, the largest bottleneck to progression is tower range and that is locked behind a ridiculous amount of RNG (Chaos 1 pool + approximately a 1.25 Chaos 1 shard drop rate per map). Such a core shard should drop as a campaign shard. This would boost the viability of a lot of towers, especially auras (which are near useless post Chaos 2).

Also, I feel like triple Siege Rollers (maybe even double) should not exist when solo. Last night on Chaos 4 (DD2 ver) Ramparts map, I encountered 3 Siege Rollers on wave 5 with simultaneous spawn times.  It is doable, but when the only solution are direct commanded (with the bonus duration shard) Skeletal Orcs place behind them, this becomes another step in limiting what is viable. The siege roller is already restrictive enough as is, but the threat of 3 or even 2 on some maps are locking player choices.

hm,just read the patch notes. strange ones. i admit i expected some balancing to some towers to come, but i see a few problem with this patch.

the current set up has not run as long to tell what things are good and really strong. most people still farm for the shards they need. their ascension level is not high enoguh to have needed skills maxed and so on. yes nimbus,range shards and pdt seemed like a low effort solution for the first gametime, but that is totaly fine in my eyes. are they strong yes definitly. could other defenses be as good/better? we do not know, because most people miss the needed shards to make them good and the main problem with all projectile towers/auras are geodes+rollers. so if we do not find counters to them, we will not know and only timer can tell. And these main issues for the rest of the towers still exist after the patch. So what if now another tower gets super good, will it just get "balanced" to be unusable, just because? with the ascension system and shards other tower will become good in terms of damage. So my question would be as soon as they stand out, do they get the nerv hammer? should not the goal be to make all things viable? i'm really confused by the patch. it pushes more to use specfic towers and eliminates the few choices we had.

what i expected was some bug fixes, some fixes for inconsitent things, like barricade hp and like the dryad tree upgrade cost thing. which are fine changes. but in the same term i would have rather loved to see things like having an announcement when trees go down. auto ending a round if a roller is stuck in spawn. having the assassins count towards the enemies and so on. so things that are actual bugs/broken and no throwing out balance changes, when most players have not tested much of the update.

On the other hand you the emp orc thing seems super wierd, why reduce the time at all, when they can no stun at every hit? does this not result in perma stun anyway? so why make the reduced stun time change if you counter it anyway by letting them stun every attack? faling to see the logic here.

the other thing is range. players wanted a better option a bit less rng to farm for the shards. this included all. not just the range shard. so now the range shard with 6% is basiclly nothing, which makes farming for it not needed anymore. which eliminates the problem of people farming for it ... yeah i guess. the thing is that was/is not the isssue. getting specific shards or needed shards is. And this problem still exists.

i keep ranting a bit sorry. but after all i enjoyed the game a bit before this patch. i have not played yet after it. but i assume it will be a pain. my main problem with the game is yes it was enjoyable if you figured out your build and it worked well, but there are so much gamebreaking bugs/problems that take this away. mobs telporting,stuck in spawn. if you take away things that actually work and do not fix this things it makes the game harder yes, but the reward is not there or you could lose by a gamebreaking problem.

all this takes away the fun and we play games for fun at all. my main problem with the trials update and this patch is that it is super hard to find enjoyable things about it, since sadly there are a lot of issues that overshadow these. the things that do work and players enjoy you take away, by balancing one week after release? please guys work on fixing the problems first before thinking about "is x tower to strong or not". And if you do,the thought should be not, if tower x is strong we need to cut it down, the thought should be if it is, why is it and how can we make others as strong. i would love more thinking in this direction rather then the usal "lets nerv things".

so yeah, will definitly play a bit, but the patch seems mostly a bit strange in the direction. maybe it will come together in later fixes/updates. one can only hope so ;)

*out to try to find some fun in the game*

Good changes. 

Any plans on fixing Mystic?  Her buffs doesn't work and the tower summoned by Dark Torment does not attack.

Also the change to her healing ability (now costing mana) is ridiculous,  why abyss lord healing thing does not cost mana? If you want, make it so when you swap the mystic out you lose you serpent coil as the abyss. Either that or improve her life steal buff, that currently is healing for 49 for each attack....

I'm sorry, but I am questioning the integrity of the Defense Council when a patch like this goes through. When people applaud trendy for "doing what is right even though the majority disagrees", I wonder if they know that they are actually throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It is not your principles that will make or break the game, but it is the appeal of the game to the majority of players. The situation right now is that we are left with 1 or maybe 2 towers to deal with the mobs, and you are standing here and cheering. I take great offense to that, and I wonder what is really in it for you. Are you in a position that you have a link into a developer to whom you can share your infinite wisdom and feel important and "make an impact" on the game?

I don't know exactly what it is, but something is very wrong when Trendy obviously fails to deliver in the manner they just did. I hold Trendy and their "councellors" accountable. This patch is unacceptable.

They nerfed towers that were way ahead of the others and people are ***ing? They should be balanced around the same levels with the same gear, obviously certain things should be ahead e.g. anti air. People are complaining that only a few towers will beat the hard enemies? They're supposed to be hard, you shouldn't just think of a half assed build and beat chaos 4/5 so easily. It's supposed to be a challenge, what how long has end game patch been out? 8 Days? And people are ***ing this much because they are still tweaking ***?

Jesus christ you guys should play games that are early access that are broken and then literally never get patched again see if you guys think trendy are so bad then. Trendy are still working here and still fixing things stop thinking because 1 patch happened it's the end of the world/game.

@krsans78 quote:

I'm sorry, but I am questioning the integrity of the Defense Council when a patch like this goes through. When people applaud trendy for "doing what is right even though the majority disagrees", I wonder if they know that they are actually throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It is not your principles that will make or break the game, but it is the appeal of the game to the majority of players. The situation right now is that we are left with 1 or maybe 2 towers to deal with the mobs, and you are standing here and cheering. I take great offense to that, and I wonder what is really in it for you. Are you in a position that you have a link into a developer to whom you can share your infinite wisdom and feel important and "make an impact" on the game?

I don't know exactly what it is, but something is very wrong when Trendy obviously fails to deliver in the manner they just did. I hold Trendy and their "councellors" accountable. This patch is unacceptable.

If being a councillor made *** anymore I would have done everything in my power to stop this patch. How long has it been? Two years maybe sonce Trendy left councillor chat and stopped listening to us. Most of the people still in the council chat are REALLY mad at trendy.

Tldr; 

This is all trendy + Defence Councillor are purely a title, we havent even gotten our tower skins yet.