Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Patch 19.2 Notes and Discussion

Thanks for your feedback! This patch fixes some of the bugs and balance issues we’ve seen so far. In the next few weeks, we’re going to address the more pressing UI and gameplay issues we've seen, which includes the hero management UI and Chaos enemy spawning. We’re hoping to have details of those changes either at the end of this week or next week.

UI Changes

• The Item Comparison tooltip now displays +/- Number of Upgrades

• Added text to display what the next Ascension Point investment will give

• Updated the UI style for consumables (pet consumable UI change to come soon)

Enemy Changes

Cybork

• Lifespan of EMP disable reduced from 30 seconds to 15 seconds

• EMP disable now activates on every attack

• Cyborks now ignore Buff Beams

Hero Changes

Abyss Lord

• Secondary Attacks

• Uncharged Secondary Attack damage reduced from 11 to 9

• Charged Secondary Attack damage reduced from 13 to 10.5

Apprentice

• Arcane Barrier

• Health scaling reduced from 200 to 150 match other 30 DU Blockades

Dryad

• General Defense Changes

• The Dryad's Defenses, except Slimes, now consistently benefit from Defense Speed

• Hornet's Nest and Harpy's Perch no longer reach maximum rate with minimal Defense Speed additions

• Rebalanced Hornet's Nest, Harpy's Perch and Angry Nimbus damage to be more comparable to other defenses

• Angry Nimbus

• Now benefits from Defense Speed, and his Inspect displays his Rain Rate

• Should no longer damage multiple targets; should consistently only hit 1 target

• Range decreased from 3,500 to 2,500

• World Tree

• Upgrade costs increase to 125 / 275 (was 50 / 50)

Gunwitch

• Book Drop

• Lifespan reduced from 15s to 6s

• Now affected by Tenacity

Huntress

• Poison Dart Tower

• Default Crit Chance decreased to the default 3% used for all other defenses

• Crit Damage reduced from 5 to 2.5

• Defense Speed adjusted to match other towers

Mystic

• Viper’s Fangs

• Health upgrades slightly increased to now match other 30 DU blockades (example:  Tier 2 upgrade increased from 1.2 to 1.3)

• Bubble lifespan decreased 5.0s -> 4.0s

• Bubble base rate decreased 6.5s -> 8.0s

• Bubble maximum rate raised 3.0s -> 5.0s

Lavamancer

• Maw of the Earth Drake

• Now has a slower maximum fire rate (raised from 4.5s to 6.0s)

Series EV2

• Weapon Manufacturer

• Damage decreased from 3.0 to 2.5

• Speed rebalanced to be comparable to other towers

Shard Changes

Radiant Power

• Level Max decreased from 14 to 5

• % Bonus Max decreased from 30% to 6%

• Updated description to clarify effect

Bug Fixes

• Shard Auto-Collect will now correctly pick up Shard Packs

• Fixed a bug where blank Shard Packs dropped in Campaign

• Fixed a bug where the Siege Roller could be insta-killed when petrified

• Fixed the maximum Ascension Level XP curve (it was 9,999,999 and now it’s 2,500,000)

• Fixed a tooltip issue where long tooltips on equipped items would go off-screen

• Fixed a tooltip issue where long tooltips on items in the bottom 3 rows of the Inventory would go off-screen

• Fixed a crash that would happen when getting stunned during a cinematic

• Fixed an equip issue with the Iron Reaper Squire weapon

• Fixed a bug where clicking an Inventory Bag tab while the bag was open would cause the bag tab highlight to disappear

• Abyss Lord’s Abyss Stone now shows an ability mana icon instead of a builder mana icon when out of ability mana

• Fixed a bug where the Cybork would continuously try to stun Abyss Stones

• Fixed a Dark Assassin bug involving hotswapping heroes

• Fixed a bug where swapping heroes while an item was grabbed in the Inventory caused some wonkiness (official scientific term)

• Fixed a bug where if you right=clicked on an equipped item on a non active hero while you were on the All Heroes screen, it would bring up the Item Enhancement UI instead of unequipping/equipping the item

• Fixed an issue where only one of EV2’s nodes would display a stun VFX when disabled by a Cybork (Reflect Beam still has the issue for now)

• “Trials” now appears on the Pause Menu

• Flamethrower and Earthshatter Range Gambit descriptions now show the full text

• Fixed lighting issues on several maps

• Fixed several SFX issues

• Fixed several collision, environment trap trigger and camera fading issues

• (PS4)Fixed a bug where split-screen players could not interact with an item that was equipped

• (PS4) Fixed a bug where Bag Options would not work while in split-screen

Known Issues

• Items often appear as the wrong type when moving them into an inventory slot that is occupied until the UI is refreshed.

• Radiant Power - Shards that were fully upgraded before the update will not move to new cap for Radiant Power. This is only a display issue, shard will show as upgraded to 14/5 level or similar numbers.

• The issue with the names showing up at 999 on the session list appears to may have come back (on PS4)

The PS4 version also includes last week's PC hotfix changes.

I'm seeing tower nerfs but not many fixes for how the new special units spawn. We are pretty much down to just flamethrower and ramsters right now. Can we get some love to make other towers viable again overall?

@Scyphoza quote:

I'm seeing tower nerfs but not many fixes for how the new special units spawn. We are pretty much down to just flamethrower and ramsters right now. Can we get some love to make other towers viable again overall?

That's part of the bigger changes we're hoping to make. Should have more details either at the end of this week or next week.

Dem nerfs........  Que over-reaction. 

Hoping this is just the first of many updates that will eventually make the game better.

great job so far, but I would also like to know why Fire Auras attack speed is capped at 0.75. This makes gearing them very boring as you need life, crit scaling seems weak, and upgrading them in game is negligible.

They basically feel very flat damage wise with only 2 real shards to improve damage (From what I know so far).

So basicly not only traps are useless but now towers which we used are now useless. We got not gold or medals what so ever to upgrade also I wish to know how new players are going to get enough gold to upgrade, and you guys want us to earn medals to buy heroes. We already cant offord to upgrade tho..

I am happy that OP not as intended things are balanced now unlike the old PDT that caused players to become dependent on them as opposed to trying other things. I am a bit sad nothing was said about the range shard drop rate. As far as the "other more pressing things" I wish I knew what Trendy's version of more pressing things is. 

@iamisom quote:

@Scyphoza quote:

That's part of the bigger changes we're hoping to make. Should have more details either at the end of this week or next week.

Can you fix the issues before hitting people with nerfs please? It's better to make people happy and fix the bugs first before worrying about rebalancing. Otherwise you make the game even more infuriating before making it better.

Especially when so many of the 'op' builds are used to overcome some of the still huge problems like enemies warping through defenses etc

I am thinking that at the very least, Angry Nimbus might as well be changed from rain to just doing a single lightning bolt in both forms... where does it make sense that rain doesn't hit multiple mobs?

Okay so it's been a huge batch of nerfs or "rebalances" to the most used heroes. But are there plans to make the other heroes valuable again, too?

As far as i see it there's still the main group of heroes that can only clear the chaos maps, especially when soloing. A group of friends recently started playing and i had to basically tell them that yeah, their heroes were fun in campaign and still work in C1, but as soon as we get to the EMP Orcs your monk will mostly get some problems when you're off fighting some crystals or books and they get to your defenses.

Had a friend also change his mind from getting the lavamancer as he's not valuable in lategame. 

I'd really love some more rebalancing and trying to make heroes not just "situational" in a sense that sure, you gotta take down the nodes and emp orcs, but if you fail to do so you're basically down. Especially if you don't have one of the few towers (flamethrower, nimbus etc.)  that help with that situation when you're off to the other side of the map fighting those two siege rollers.

@iamisom quote:
@Scyphoza quote:

Hopefully that doesn't involve nerfing the Flamethrower and Ramster.

@NinjaCmder quote:

I am thinking that at the very least, Angry Nimbus might as well be changed from rain to just doing a single lightning bolt in both forms... where does it make sense that rain doesn't hit multiple mobs?

Might as well make them cost only 50 now. They're DEFINITELY not worth 100 anymore

If clouds were reduced to 50 AND prioritized air mobs then yes, they'd be worth it

I mean, this game atm is a lot of grind. We grinded for nimbus or pdt. They nerfed our grind makeing it *useless time spent*. Okay I understand they were a bit too strong. but dont make them useless. cmon think a way to fix the game b4 making it unplayable. I iwll probably test how hard it was nerfed and leave the game.

I don't get what you are doing Trendy. That's not rebalancing at all (as it was announced it would be). There is so welcome bug fixes (that shouldn't have been put in the live version in the first place anyway but whatever) but aside from that the "balancing" is changing absolutely nothing to the state of the game.

The only sensible balance I see is about the Arcane barrier vs Viper's Fang where the barrier had a lot more health.

We still have 90% of the defenses completely useless outside of C1 and the game isn't fun to play at all in my opinion, it was repetitive with the PDT meta but at least I had the choice to build with any defense with a chance to actually win. Now if I don't use the very few effective defenses with the exact good shard that go with it it's pretty much impossible to clear any map.

I am genuinely worried about the future of the playerbase if things aren't changed quickly, people are generally unhappy about balancing for a very long time and it got way worse with this update that everybody was expecting as the super update that will make the game so fun. I really want to play the game, like really badly. But right now it really feels like a chore and not like I'm actually playing a game, I'm forcing myself to endure the flow of weird choices made for the update just in order to challenge RNGeesus and pray to have a range shard.

Please don't kill the game.

@iamisom quote:

UI Changes

• The Item Comparison tooltip now displays +/- Number of Upgrades

• Added text to display what the next Ascension Point investment will give

• Updated the UI style for consumables (pet consumable UI change to come soon)

Josh - This is so much better. Please say thanks and keep up that kinda work to the UX designer. Much better.

TLDR version:

• Did not make any defenses more viable.
  • Made several defenses less viable.

This is the exact opposite direction that everyone was hoping for.

Indeed, I don't think they care about their playerbase anymore tbh, I can't see why you update a game for rebalance, But all they do is nerf towers that was the only viable option. Thats like ending the little fun the game had, now there is no way of progressing. Guess it's better just quit the game for now, and come back in few months

@goodiie quote:Indeed, I don't think they care about their playerbase anymore tbh, I can't see why you update a game for rebalance, But all they do is nerf towers that was the only viable option. Thats like ending the little fun the game had, now there is no way of progressing. Guess it's better just quit the game for now, and come back in few months

I'm leaning in that direction, too...  Why cripple the only towers that were useful.

As i expected. A big nerf to any towers, and hero that was still viable. wtf...

I just used even more gems to get the dryad, so i could get the only tower with worth anymore. And now you nerf the nimbus to heck.. Yet another bunch of gems wasted. 

Now i have 3 duplicate heroes, and 3 empty slots, not worth a dang. There is literally nothing to use them for. And the gems are ofcours not refundable (About 3000 gems). This game Is a freaking click-bait for using real money ain't it.

I knew this would happen when they made it a f2p game. Lots of noob leecher players making it only solo viable. And all the freaking click-bate and gem wasting traps. ffs...

I'm not the type to complain, but I do not understand anything ...
We did  have a big problem for shard farming impossible to find anything , just a waste time to farm c1 every day for nothing . Enemies that ignore your defense ... so much build are useless...

and you prefer nerf the tower work . Strange strategy.

i dont have problem with nerf but make some build possible before lol .

really,

gj update ...

Is this for real Trendy ? Did you even read the feedback people posted for the last couple days ever since the patch dropped? 

This is absolutely ridiculous now. Whatever direction or vision you have for the game, it's not being translated correctly to your implementation. Please fix stuff before nerfing what's working to the ground! jesus this is like a childish tantrum to destroy the other kid's toys just cause they found a way to play without you.

As posted before : 

TLDR version:

• Did not make any defenses more viable.
  • Made several defenses less viable.