Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Who

Multiple of each Hero is it still needed with Trials?

So I took a few months off from DD2  but as most of you know before these changes if you wanted good towers and still wanted to DPS you needed to have multiples of your hero's. Is that still the case if not can i sell my extra hero slots i forked out gems for back? 

mmm hybrids can be done now but if you want to min-max each tower and the dps you'll need to have 1 hero for each tower and 1 for dps, this is because of the ascension levels where you have to choose witch tower you want to empower loosing that point on other towers.

i dont think you can sell your slots, but i dont know really.

Eventually you wont need extra heroes.. but thats a tonn of ascension levels ;).. but i highly doubt you'd actually need too many extra's .. maybe your favorite DPS... but everything else should be fine..

@LJMjollnir quote:

Eventually you wont need extra heroes.. but thats a tonn of ascension levels ;).. but i highly doubt you'd actually need too many extra's .. maybe your favorite DPS... but everything else should be fine..

Hmmm, if by eventually you meant once you max everything, then it's going to be a very long time. Just take the tower section for example, there's about on average 2 things to put points into per tower (DP and DH) and both have 999 max points. For example, for the Abyss Lord, maxing the tower section would take 8012 points, which means at least 24 036 ascension levels. I've been playing hardcore since the update and I'm currently level 209. and let me tell you even reaching 1000 is going to take a hell lot of time. 

If anything, if you want to fully utilize all towers, you need even MORE heros than before.  Previously it was possible to double-dip with some towers that had passives on different equipment slots which didn't come into conflict with each other.  Now EVERY tower competes with each other for the limited ascension points you have (until you reach level 300000 ascension or something, I guess).

Although the ridiculously strict DU limits ever since Trendy drastically nerfed how much DU we can place per map means you only need like, 4 different tower types on a map before you run out of DU anyways  (and that's even before you consider the current meta, where there's only like, 4 towers that actually work in the end, too).

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@LJMjollnir quote:

Hmmm, if by eventually you meant once you max everything, then it's going to be a very long time. Just take the tower section for example, there's about on average 2 things to put points into per tower (DP and DH) and both have 999 max points. For example, for the Abyss Lord, maxing the tower section would take 8012 points, which means at least 24 036 ascension levels. I've been playing hardcore since the update and I'm currently level 209. and let me tell you even reaching 1000 is going to take a hell lot of time. 

I highly doubt you need to max everything to 999 to complete the hardest difficulties ;)... therefor you can get around with only going as far as you need with the specific towers you need..  There are towers for heroes you will not be using.. You dont need EVERY type of Cade maxed out ;).. pick what you need from each specific hero and you'l probably find you dont need as many as you think you do ;)

As as said you may want to level a second specific DPS hero of your choice but beyond that it wont be as bad as your thinking ;)...

At some point someone will beat Chaos 5 WITHOUT any ascension points at all.. that'l be the Iron man challenge for this game

The Pets give additional stats.   You can go for all Tower Stats, or Hero stats.  They should remove the stats from pets all together, or just make it Hero stats only.

@LJMjollnir quote:

I highly doubt you need to max everything to 999 to complete the hardest difficulties ;)... therefor you can get around with only going as far as you need with the specific towers you need..  There are towers for heroes you will not be using.. You dont need EVERY type of Cade maxed out ;).. pick what you need from each specific hero and you'l probably find you dont need as many as you think you do ;)

As as said you may want to level a second specific DPS hero of your choice but beyond that it wont be as bad as your thinking ;)...

At some point someone will beat Chaos 5 WITHOUT any ascension points at all.. that'l be the Iron man challenge for this game

Yeah sure. I can do Chaos 5 pretty easily now. However, harder content will eventually come and some day, there might be content that only hardcore players can complete. Yes it is possible to complete C5 without specified heroes, but the thing is that a hero that concentrates only in one defense will always be superior to a hero that doesn't concentrate in one specific defense. 

Yep harder content is coming .. we know this... But you are already beating Chaos 5.. you dont have 999 in everything ;)..

But to answer the OP's question.. no you dont "NEED" multiples of the same hero ;) yes those towers would be better to begin with if you do.. but eventually you can do it all with the 1 hero :P...